+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New to trove Recommendation (starting class)

New to trove Recommendation (starting class)

So wondering which is mroe fun to take to max level and easy to play and able to farm well and maybe ST ?

Persoally, the class you enjoy playing the most would be the best class to level.

I, personally, love Tomb Raiser, because I love any class that has summons to aid them in combat.

Good classes for starters:
    _ Candy Barbarian - has decent dmg, can be built as tank/dps, self-heal, does not depend on class gem to be good.
    _ Pirate Captain - has very high dmg, and decent survivability, does not depend on class gem but class gem will make it have even more dps.
    _ Boomeranger - has decent dmg, very good for mining with free bombs, the only class can use 2 weapons (melee/bow), does not depend on class gem, offers great utilities in STs
    _ Lunar Lancer - has very high dmg, and crowd control to make it up for having low hp, does not depend on class gem at all, good for speed farm dungeons later.

So what ones that can clear dungeons and able to do ST easy ?

Quote Originally Posted by Falados View Post
    So what ones that can clear dungeons and able to do ST easy ?
    I'm 59 days played, 11.4K PR Lunar Lancer. Best I can do is solo Normal to Hard Mode Pinata with a 680K health pool, Bandolier flask + matrial&surestrike. I use the rapt beserker to farm U9 with at roughly 62 DPH or Prowling Shadow at ST for the longer fights. I think I'm successful with 2400 shadow boxes in my inventory, so far.

Part of that time was spent on my 224 mastery level from professions, leveling 15 other classes to 20, amassing the materials to sell in order to buy stellar gear from players. You can trial the other classes up to level 10.

After using the tomb rasier subclass I rather like the taunting pet that soaks up damage and takes the janky 2-shot mechanics lag doesnt let you dodge. As a f2p player I've still got 21 days of cubits to accumulate before the death defying vial is available to me.. getting the emblem, flask, and dragon coin tome first (before coin&race challenges* were introduced) set me back.. and being greedy with gem booster boxes not knowing any better.

So if you want to melt mobs with crits but have to facetank it, go LL. Otherwise I'd pick pirate captain for the spammable taunting mob. Leveling the candy barb was easy but I don't know its full capabilities.

I've got 4 classes left below 4.4K PR for the weekly contests, swapping in a hat or face to get across the threshold, most are 23 but just need their 3stat radiant lesser gems and w/e crap EM boxes/class gems spawn that week before they're set it and forget it.

*dont know if it'll let you trail LL for coin challenges, the spear is really handy.

Tried CB and gotten discourged due to not a DPS class that has high surv and dps for end game content (and easy progressing for first timer)

Hmm ... tough decision ... easiest class to use by far is SH, you just hold down left click (if you get the class gem) and watch as HP of enemies drops under the assault of your class gem's M134, it simply turns them into a ... a ... idk what it turns them into ... but it's a lot of pixels being sprayed all over the place.

U9 Farming and ST able ... I have to say SH, it's the most used class for that sole reason, it's an all rounder, can stay away from mobs to avoid getting killed while also dealing damage, has some massive damage using Ultimate and Rightclick skill and Martial Emblem, tho it's usable once every 40 seconds.

And ... it looks cool ... I'd suggest staying away from it since it's practically the most used class, but it can't hurt maining SH till you can find a class you want to play with for longer.

If you want Large AoE damage, I'd suggest Gundlinger instead, with the class gem, it's ultimate literally Nukes whatever you're looking at, with ferociousness (really ... it only changes your normal attack into your rightclick charged shots, but they deal much more damage, tho only for about 10 seconds), and it can literally float when damaging enemies (actually it only falls slower if your attack successfully hit an enemy).

If all you care about is just *****slapping the nearest boss with just one shot, look no further ... Fae Trickster has you covered (you'll need to learn how to avoid being hit for all eternity, one hit and your damage will go to **** ... literally)

Tanks? Do you like Turtles? Revenant and Candy Barbarian (tho candy barbarian is a mix between tank and support, the true tank is revenant as one of it's skill's damage scales with the revenant's HP)

Do you like Sonic the Hedgehog, Are you a fan of Knuckles the echidna? Look no further ... NN is Sonic, while LL is Knuckles (both are fast, tho LL can reach higher Passive Movement speed so no micromanagement involved, while NN has highest movement speed in the whole game using stealth)
    LL has some serious damage, and it can go higher with Lunacy mode which also adds to it's survivability, while NN does a ****ton of damage with the Shuriken (NN involves quite a bit of micromanaging to be effective in combat)

If I've omitted the other classes, it's because I haven't played them enough to find reasons to play them for longer than leveling them to 30, if you have more info, feel free to add to this thread

Cheer's been leveling Pirate Captian and really enjoying it almost hit 4k PR

I'm pretty old to Trove, but these are my top 5 classes:
    1.candy barbarian
    2.Neon ninja
    3.gunslinger
    4.Boomeranger
    5.Pirate captain

Most people agree that Neon ninja is one of the best.

If you're looking for something that can do well in Towers and Dungeons then I'd agree with SH. It's a pain without it's class gem but the grind is worth it. Has crazy range, good MS (as you don't need attack speed with the class gem), can destroy Uber bosses and kite ST bosees with ease.

That being said I'd try all classes and see what you think. Personally I'm a bit weird and love the Knight! But all classes have their merits to some degree so check them all out.

+ Reply to Thread