+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Trove Livestream Notes 25/08/2017

Post Trove Livestream Notes 25/08/2017

Trove Livestream Notes 25/08/2107

Welcome to the latest live stream notes thread!

Tonight's was the first post eclipse stream and the team played on XBOX.

The team apologised for the communication issue regarding the shadow tower increased difficulty and have made a patch page for it.
    "It was reworked to make it an end game group activity again"

It will be looked at due to a sheer amount of player feedback but no plans to make any changes right now.Its suggested that anything you could solo before, you may want to team up with others for now.

Apologies were also made about incorrect dragon fragment locations on the patch notes and the team are looking into it to make sure it doesnt happen again.
    To clarify:
    Fragments for Petallura, can be obtained via harvesting sunlight bulbs from the lairs in peaceful hills.
    Fragments for Baesmuth, can be obtained via mining infinium according to Morticus.

Dragon fragment drops are being improved for next week after the massive influx of feedback from players. This will go live next week.

Sub classes were briefly shown again and explained that the overall abilities stats are based off of that classes level and power rank. So to utilise best, level up the sub class too.

Reiteration over dreadnaught was mentioned that it will not be nerfed right now. It is challenging but it is doable and they have the stats to show that.

With regards to the recent sound bug in towers, any info you can provide please put on the respective bug thread on the forums. Thank you.

Questions and Answers Session:

Any update on Plasma fishing?
    Waiting on the right time to implement it, its half done. Just don't want to throw it in without some other additions to fishing so holding it for a bigger fishing update, maybe sometime next year.

Can you explain why we have a new tab for ancestral dragons?
    It depends on how the dragon is acquired, so its a way to seperate, one has the whole life-cycle whereas the other are obtained in different methods.

Is there any plans to make another way to obtain Bound Brilliance for free?
    There is a tome, there's a couple of ways that we want to keep an eye on first, if we aren't satisfied on how many players are getting it and the rate then we will look into it.

Is there a shadow ganda?
    Yes but she isn't ready for the game yet, she's called Yabaki the cast shadow.

Any update for talismans drop rates?
    Its another area the devs might be talking about as they know they are very rare too.

Any chance you could move dragon egg fragments to the crafting inventory so we don't miss picking them up if we find?
    "That's a pretty good suggestion, I will make it to the team. I like that idea"

This concludes tonights livestream thread, take care to all of you and enjoy your gaming

Tyvm for Notes

So did they actually post stats for Dreadnaught or did they just say people were able to do it, because I would love to see the attempts vs successes they have for it I'm sure it's much much lower than they want to say.

Thanks again for the notes Shirokiri! Keep them coming! =)
    Stay Awesome,
    -DragonCoffee (IGN)
    Discord: DragonCoffee#9172
    Have a great suggestion for Trove? Check if it's been suggested before on my Main Suggestion List! The ultimate suggestion consolidation thread project!
    (A full list of every suggestion for Trove posted by anyone!)

Nice info about the talismans. I have never gotten one even with months of farming in prime worlds. It would also be nice if they could update the description to specifying which types of worlds they drop in: prime, elemental, or both.

6.   This is the last Trove Team post in this thread.   #6
    Senior Community Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyPeon View Post
    So did they actually post stats for Dreadnaught or did they just say people were able to do it, because I would love to see the attempts vs successes they have for it I'm sure it's much much lower than they want to say.
    We didn't/won't post specific stats but well over 1,000 players had beaten Ultra DotM within 24 hours of the patch (this can be seen in the Leaderboards across each version of the game so it's not something that has to be taken on faith). We put that info in the blog post on the Shadow Tower update.

There were many more attempts than successes but that's standard for most things in life, I suspect. If you have follow up questions on the ST be sure to post in the specific thread on that. We don't want to go off topic here.

RIP to those opened tons of Shadow caches...

Looking forward to next week dragon fragment farm simulator 2.0 update.

I hope there will be a karma bar for farming dragon fragment in open world.

For the unfortunate ppl, karma bar is a guide to end the misery.

Example: 5k for 1st fragment, 10k for 2nd, 15k for 3rd and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    We didn't/won't post specific stats but well over 1,000 players had beaten Ultra DotM within 24 hours of the patch (this can be seen in the Leaderboards across each version of the game so it's not something that has to be taken on faith). We put that info in the blog post on the Shadow Tower update.

There were many more attempts than successes but that's standard for most things in life, I suspect. If you have follow up questions on the ST be sure to post in the specific thread on that. We don't want to go off topic here.
    I beat ultra dotm but not dd. Everytime I've attempted ultra dd the game crashes around half of its life. The only way to beat it without crashing is if you beat it fast. An how is hard mode dd an dotm even considered acceptable? They are almost as hard to do as ultra.

Near the end of the stream, there is a question about whether they could move the the dragon egg fragments to the crafting tab or not.
    (46:18 in https://www.twitch.tv/videos/169764545)

Q. Move dragon egg fragments to the crafting inventory? (concerns about missing the fragments when the inventory is full)
    A. That's a pretty good suggestion, I will make it to the team. I like that idea.

Thanks for the notes btw

Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post

You mean the maxed out players that the entire system was built for? What about the players that you completely shut out of it that were able to find groups before? Stop living on your awful assumptions that the system is fine when it clearly isn't. You completely shafted everybody that isn't at the top so that they will want to spend money to try and get there.

Try finding a group on a character at 15k PR, which could easily find a group for and complete UM DOTM before the update. You wont find a random group for anything higher than HM Pin now. Its not about how many people cleared ultra dotm, its about how many people that cant run the content they were running before the update.

TL;DR Trion needs to get over the temper tantrum they are throwing because they don't understand power creep, and fix STs so that we can once again clear ALL the floors we were able to pull our own weight in.

+ Reply to Thread