+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [Mounts] Piggies!

[Mounts] Piggies!

Replaces Hotdog Mount
    Mod Request from Borbujas and reference inspiration comes from LadyRiat. Thanks ya'll!!

(Reference)

Chris P. Bacon

Download

Balefire Boar

Download

Bubbles

Download

Petunia

Download

Dope! i like the balefire boar especially
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for flux, I can tell you I don't do hand outs. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that can solo Ultra Daughter of the Moon and make me a nightmare for someone like you.

Love them! Nice work on these!
    Stay Awesome,
    -DragonCoffee (IGN)
    Discord: DragonCoffee#9172
    Have a great suggestion for Trove? Check if it's been suggested before on my Main Suggestion List! The ultimate suggestion consolidation thread project!
    (A full list of every suggestion for Trove posted by anyone!)

Quote Originally Posted by Equinoxide View Post
    Dope! i like the balefire boar especially
    Glad you like them! I'm considering making a Flying Pig too, any thoughts?

The Balefire Boar doesn't actually fit any themes well. It only barely scratches the balefire theme, but ends up going closer to Kami/Neon territory - which it still doesn't fit, since that's usually blockier and less smooth.

If you want to make it a full Kami, I recommend making it look much less natural and more blocky and mechanical, and maybe change the color scheme since we already have a green Kami. (I don't think there are any pink Kamis yet?)

If you want to keep it Balefire, you can change the color scheme to make it look more like this, but the developers seem to have changed their vision on Balefire since then; there are several enemies in the files added recently that have a good idea of the updated Balefire color scheme. They're not available directly in Troxel, but you can run through the files to find them; you can see them in the "Unused Monsters" section of the Bestiary on the wikia (click their pages to see their IDs).

Balefire stuff in general should look "seeping" and "corrupted" and tends to like long, curvy shapes.
    ~~ IGN: Spirare ~~
    It's supposed to be pronounced rahr, not rayr
    ~~ Main class: Vanguardian | Power Rank: 24,845 | Total Mastery: 619 ~~
    ~~ Clubs: | ~~
    ~~ Dragons: 15/17 | 30/31 | 3/3 ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Spirare View Post
    The Balefire Boar doesn't actually fit any themes well. It only barely scratches the balefire theme, but ends up going closer to Kami/Neon territory - which it still doesn't fit, since that's usually blockier and less smooth.

If you want to make it a full Kami, I recommend making it look much less natural and more blocky and mechanical, and maybe change the color scheme since we already have a green Kami. (I don't think there are any pink Kamis yet?)

If you want to keep it Balefire, you can change the color scheme to make it look more like this, but the developers seem to have changed their vision on Balefire since then; there are several enemies in the files added recently that have a good idea of the updated Balefire color scheme. They're not available directly in Troxel, but you can run through the files to find them; you can see them in the "Unused Monsters" section of the Bestiary on the wikia (click their pages to see their IDs).

Balefire stuff in general should look "seeping" and "corrupted" and tends to like long, curvy shapes.
    wow, very insightful and helpful. I really appreciate the advice. Junebug said something similar about me always trying to get too close to the realistic shape and needing trying to stay more in the themes of Trove. Since you've pointed out each bit that needs work and explained how to change them, I should be able to get there now. Thanks again!

+ Reply to Thread