+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Shadow Tower Difficulty

Ah, so that's what happened. Thought ST got harder, we have a 3-person team from our guild that always went into ST but now we cant even get past the 4th floor on Normal. Not even gonna bother anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by xx_lildoge_xx View Post
    i totally agree with this guy! as a 16k sh no one invites me to um dotm, and barely to hm dotm. even lying im 19k wont get me invited. the rerolls are overpriced anyways.
    Lying doesn't help. Believe it or not we had it hard when we started and had no one to carry us. I agree this change has hurt new players a lot but expecting to actually deserve DOTM when older players went for months without getting it because carrying wasn't possible is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by deng View Post
    Overgeared players will and always will defend the game for saying us as impatient scrubs. I was excited about the largest update ever but it turns out just another update Trion trying hard to milk us undergeared players. Stop telling me I can get empowered gems from weekly contest, not everyone are getting 5 gem box every week because 5k on every classes aren't an easy task for us.
    You are impatient. When MoP came out we didn't magically start doing all of the ultras upfront. We had to actually work our ways up and farm empowered gems in hard and over time we were able. I agree that hard dotm is too hard right now for mid game players but you should expect that you're going to complete ultra until you're 'end-game'. Trion needs to fix the PR requirements so people stop expecting to complete all of ultra when they hit 10k.

IGN: spar13

Quote Originally Posted by deng View Post
    Overgeared players will and always will defend the game for saying us as impatient scrubs. I was excited about the largest update ever but it turns out just another update Trion trying hard to milk us undergeared players. Stop telling me I can get empowered gems from weekly contest, not everyone are getting 5 gem box every week because 5k on every classes aren't an easy task for us.
    I, as I'm sure many others here, have been playing since beta. There have been tons of changes since then, good and bad for both new and veteran players. Needless to say, we have had a lot of time to gear up to max, etc. However, despite the fact that the majority of my characters are full stellar, and maxed gems, the new ST's are STILL far too difficult. A group of 8 players at the same gear level and 20k+ PR as myself, could barely take down DOTM on hard mode. Something is seriously wrong.

I honestly and sincerely feel bad for players who are just starting the game, as well as those who thought they could begin entering the ST part of Trove. This new update has made it impossible for those players to progress and will deter them from even trying. Heck, even I am afraid to even do Hard Mode now, because it's even harder than Ultra was. So rest assured, that it isn't only "undergeared" players having problems,

Edit to add:
    They need to scale down the difficulty of Normal and Hard Modes. I am all for challenge, but as someone posted earlier, they severely overdone this. Sure, Ultra mode is meant for "end-game", yet to make it practically impossible for players just starting out to even get through Normal or Hard Modes is a gross oversight.
    Allow more than 8 players at a time into any given ST group, and remove the penalties for having more than one type of class in a group.

Quote Originally Posted by spar13 View Post
    You are impatient. When MoP came out we didn't magically start doing all of the ultras upfront. We had to actually work our ways up and farm empowered gems in hard and over time we were able. I agree that hard dotm is too hard right now for mid game players but you should expect that you're going to complete ultra until you're 'end-game'. Trion needs to fix the PR requirements so people stop expecting to complete all of ultra when they hit 10k.
    Except that people were clearing all of ultra when they hit 10k even without class gems.
    The old ST was possible at the listed PR. It took time, but it was possible. Now it isn't.

People aren't "impatient". People are upset that they cant clear the content they used to be able to complete.

"How to get those "Empowered Gems?""

"Beat DOTM"

"How do you beat DOTM?"

"Team up with a group."

"Groups want me to be 5k PR, how do I get that?"

"Get empowered gems and upgrade them."
    "Good grief, look at that magnificent codpiece. It is absolutely transfixing. You don't want to stare, but how it arrests the eye. It's hard to look away, but you somehow find the wherewithal to pry your eyes from its prodigious haft. The clown catches you staring, and his smile broadens a bit."

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosty View Post
    "How to get those "Empowered Gems?""

"Beat DOTM"

"How do you beat DOTM?"

"Team up with a group."

"Groups want me to be 5k PR, how do I get that?"

"I can't do that."

"Then do contests."

"How can I do the contests?"

"Get 5k PR."

"How do I do that?"

Stay Awesome,
    -DragonCoffee (IGN)
    Discord: DragonCoffee#9172
    Have a great suggestion for Trove? Check if it's been suggested before on my Main Suggestion List! The ultimate suggestion consolidation thread project!
    (A full list of every suggestion for Trove posted by anyone!)

I was skimming through the thread to see what people had to say on the topic then in a discord someone asked for help in HM ST. He's been looking for a group for a week now and because of him being a neon ninja No one is willing to accept him. Since this "Patch" People who decide to play melee classes can get no where. The only classes even used these days that I have seen are either GS or SH nothing else. Now the biggest problem this is causing is the new players, They can I mean Could get better gear from shadow towers but now since of this "Patch" they will be lucky if they even get a inv into a ST let alone be carried or able to defeat the boss leaving these players unable to obtain anything from this.

That was mainly about the players Now i will talk some about the market place. Before this "Patch" people used ST to get flux from titan treasures but now since they are nerfed players have to sell much more items that they have to farm for or they can sell items from chaos chests which could take time to be able to get good items such as mounts from them which they could sell. Now the problem with these items having to be sold is A people who get those items from chaos chest could be selling them since they know not how to get a item and go buy it and also now since the ways of getting flux have become much harder to do and can be more pricey then they were. But in the long end the chance of the market place crashing because of this flux problem have increased drastically.

In the end i hope that the devs actually look at these forms and see all of these problems the community have stated and fix them before even more players leave.

This game is ruined

THIS update WAS the LAST STRAW I cant even defeat piņata god cause I used to be able to defeat hard weeping prophit I quit this game!

Shadow Towers

I really hope trion changes gem rerolling. I feel that it is just too easy to get gems to perfection compared to how they were before. Don't quote me on this, but I think before you had to complete around 20 million dungeons just to get a absolutely perfect gem. Now that number has gone down to about 1-2k dungeons. (I took into account stellar drop rate, different possible starting power rank, large stat boosts percentage and where it goes to, and the stats on the gem) The update only made stellar drop rate and where stat boosts go to accountable. (Also I'm assuming only 2 stars can be made perfect)True it will take lots of augments but its still an insane change. I do like the idea of it being grind able though. getting rid of it. I feel that it still can be a useful stat for a character like the candy bard that can't really attack when pulling. Lastly, whether or not this is intentional I don't know, but the turtle tank doesn't get ms from knight subclass and darknik's lasers are harder to dodge than even piņata in my opinion which is a 2 shot K.O. for me ;-;.
    P.S. if subclasses don't show, just turn off every mod and relog.

Angry Innecesary dificult

The most bad thing of things is that you gain much less Flux from Titan Cache, before de Eclipse Update, getting flux from there was the most funny and "easy" form to gain flux, getting around 4.5k - 50k, now i see that the RIDICULOUS difficult now to gain now minimum 1.5k Flux... IS NOT balanced, It's okay that there are more rewards and things like it, but....... The ridiculous difficult to gain THAT rewards are insanely, is unfair for the time that is expended on Defeat those Bosses.

+ Reply to Thread