+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Shadow Tower Difficulty

This change is such a joke. Why in the world would you punish people because overgeared players are overgeared? Not every single person in trove was clearing it solo in seconds.

ADD harder content, don't take away a person's ability to do content that already exists.

As a 13k GS I was barely able to get into UM DOTM groups before. Now I cant even get into a HM DOTM group. Now i have to wait 3 weeks between gem rerolling because i refuse to go along with your stupid "tell everybody about changes beforehand so they can stockpile the items before we break it" policy.

Devz be like

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrid View Post
    ADD harder content, don't take away a person's ability to do content that already exists.
    Could not agree more.
    Stay Awesome,
    -DragonCoffee (IGN)
    Discord: DragonCoffee#9172
    Have a great suggestion for Trove? Check if it's been suggested before on my Main Suggestion List! The ultimate suggestion consolidation thread project!
    (A full list of every suggestion for Trove posted by anyone!)

[EDIT]
    It's been a few monthes since the update came out. I got used to it. But I still think that melee classes have difficulties being useful in shadow towers.

Players 20K+ PR, there is nothing challenging to do.
    Fix, piss off the majority of players to make the few happy by upping difficultly on current content.

Players, we want to be able to reroll gem stats.
    Fix, create a time gated system. Claim it will not take long to fix crap gems, but in really will take next to forever.

Players, we think Health regen shows up too often on gems.
    fix, remove heath regen, but bring back gem level to rng so that gems will most likely still completly suck

Me to Trove team, the word "BETTER".....please go learn what it means because you don't have a clue...ps, change=/= better

Thumbs up Disappointed with the course of Trove!

"The difficulty of the newly updated Shadow Tower also brings challenge back to the end game. It shouldn’t be a trivial matter to solo clear the toughest content in the game in a few seconds. "
    Not many of us can solo it in a few seconds.

"Having tougher enemies in the Shadow Tower encourages players to group up. Also, using the Gem Forging system to power up your best gems will help add a ton of power and make things much easier over time. Less than 24 hours after the Eclipse update and well over 1,000 Trovians have successfully beaten Ultra mode Daughter of the Moon.
    This encourages strong players group up with stronger players. Players just at 10.000 PR will hardly being invite for Ultra Mode.

I couldn't solo Ultra Mode Vengeful Pinata God and Daughter of the Moon, but when i used to host UM Spike Walker and Weeping Prophet i randomly invite players over 5000 PR to the room, not concerning about their damage or power rank. Now i can't even help people in HM DD/DOTM. Many players will not be able to clear it and get it reward, and they need these rewards to get stronger and play with stronger players.

Trove becomes frustrating since Griffon Talisman release, farmed lots of dungeons/mobs in air worlds and didn't get a single Griffon Talisman. While people close to max mastery can simply buy the griffon from marketplace because they can save flux easily.

Changing the subject the new Dragon Eggs Fragments seems impossible to get, and again High Mastery players will simply buy the Golden Egg, because they can.

Hope that if Trion is going to change things, do it fast 'cause i love Trove.

Sorry about language error, english isn't my main language.
    IGN: Evendusty
    Mastery Level: 550 Geode Level: IDC
    Highest PR - Shadow Hunter: 26070
    Clubs: Laezaria / Forbidden Legend / Magic Sand

Not just about groups here. While a difficulty buff is good, it was overdone.

A group of 8 15k+ players can have problems playing the later hard STs, and people are asking for 10k+ just to run normal mode of all things.

Even when we're playing in groups, it causes severe problems for anyone not over 20k and restricts a large portion of progression.

At the very least, tone down the normal and hard STs somewhat as they completely bar anyone at the "proper" tier, even if you want to keep Ultra at the absolute end-game.
    ~~ IGN: Spirare ~~
    It's supposed to be pronounced rahr, not rayr
    ~~ Main class: Vanguardian | Power Rank: 24,845 | Total Mastery: 619 ~~
    ~~ Clubs: | ~~
    ~~ Dragons: 15/17 | 30/31 | 3/3 ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Spirare View Post
    Not just about groups here. While a difficulty buff is good, it was overdone.
    [...]
    At the very least, tone down the normal and hard STs somewhat as they completely bar anyone at the "proper" tier, even if you want to keep Ultra at the absolute end-game.
    Exactly this ^

I'm all for a bit more challenge, but this is beyond ridiculous. A group of players with fully upgraded gear/gems 20k+ PR could barely take down Daughter Of the Moon on HARD MODE. DOTM on hard mode is now far more difficult than she ever was on Ultra. No amount gem reforging is going to make it easier.

And as another person posted, the grind for these new dragons is a giant waste of time. Farming sunlight bulbs for 3 hours and not even one egg fragment.? These egg fragments need to drop more often. You think it's going to keep people playing because they want these dragons? You're so very wrong. People will get frustrated that they are wasting their time.

This entire update needs to be reworked.

I agree with the shadow tower difficulty issue but I also dislike the gem reforging system. The system is a bit over-priced just to gain a 5% upgrade on a gem stat. It doesn't seem like it should be added if it would be so expensive. It's already absurd that I have to collect 3 lunar souls from a boss that I can't fight because I'm an 18k power rank neon ninja and only 20k power rank gunslingers can do it. Basically creating a more demanding community for 20k gunslingers and making all the other classes garbage. I have been trying to save a load of flux for Ganda but I had to spend it on tentacles and hearts of darknesses for gems.

Another thing is the marketplace. Since this update made shadow towers harder and Titan's treasures were nerfed, then there's no stable way for flux to enter the game. At first, this update seemed like it could control the marketplace inflation but not it made the game almost impossible for non-pay to win players because there's barely any flux going in. The only way to get flux now is by farming and selling ANYTHING on the market or by chaos chests.

Last is the dragon egg system. Basically, it's like farming with the RNG of getting Ganda. It's a bad system with people spending hours and hours for no egg fragment.

I feel that this update will eventually crash the marketplace, increase marketplace flipping, and give new players a nightmare to try and level up in the game, give players lost hope in farming, and make other players force 20k power rank hard AND ultra run teams instead of the old 15k power rank teams for ultra runs and 5k for hard runs.

Things are waaay too difficult, I may not be as end-game as a few of the people in here, my highest is only about 7.4k as a shadow hunter, but i rose 3k pr in a few days with a bunch of hard work I put into getting perfect gems for this class, and even with mostly perfect gems for myself right now and them being decent, this new update took all my hardwork and said "it doesn't matter, you dont matter now", I was excited at the thought of being able to solo some shadow tower things in normal and probably hard too! it feels good to be really powerful sometimes.

Now it doesnt matter, its nearly impossible to compete with 15k pr shadow hunters filling up hardmode slots, while people want nothing to do with little ol 7k pr me, for something thats supposed to require 5k pr! What was the point of all my hard work when I'm now thrown away, I feel like im nothing, i cant do anything more than a few hard modes with decent group, and never find a good group to do the things I really need like say Hard dotm. The problem isnt finding a team, i could find a full team of willing fighters, but even together we arnt good enough, I never got to finish hard daughter until a group of full golden named characters were nice enough to help me out, and even then we struggled on HARD mode because the near end-game rev was dropping pots like flies, even with a Chloro ontop of him constantly.

It would have helped to let the smaller guys have fun in the shadow towers, i woulda had hella fun soloing a few things here and there with all the hardwork I put into this class, and just as easily added something more that the endgame people could do, instead of forcing this Shadow tower to be "So end-game it hurts" even with probably double my pr I wouldnt have fun doing this, mini-bosses polluting the cursed skulls so often you dont know who to kill to get through the overbuffed floors!

The shadow towers are more of something that people have to sit through every week with a frown on their straining faces as they struggle to complete it, and are happy when they are done with them, people should really be happy DOING them. Please do something to save this game.

+ Reply to Thread