+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [Guide] How to make constructive & helpful feedback

[Guide] How to make constructive & helpful feedback

So... recently there has been alot of feedback... or backlash... on the forums about the recent eclipse update, and i find that most of these posts are more rants than feedback, which simply flame devs and the game providing nothing helpful. I want to try to create a guide on how to create helpful feedback that actually means something, and isnt just "trion is a nasty poopoohead"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Formatting
    Dont make a wall of text. walls are hard to follow and annoying to look at, they also look unprofessional and sloppy.
    This:
    Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

its harder to read than this:
    Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Dont be purely negative
    Dont just flame the developers or game and tell them everything is bad. people are more likely to listen to you if youre friendly and dont act like a raging hooligan screaming the sky is falling. an important part of criticism is pointing out what was done RIGHT, so that this can be repeated.

Bad example:
    ARRGHHAHAHAAA UPDATE BAD ME NO LIKE GEM TOO MUCH RNG AHHH TRION ONLY WANT MUNEYSSS

Good example: I believe that the gem system is too randomness based, while the idea of having a system that increased diversity in players powers could be interesting(Positivity!!!), the execution was done poorly in gems, mainly in the area of where the cash store can effect it.

3. Leave some ideas how to improve
    Dont just say, "its bad, i dont like it, change it", this dosent really mean much... offering a suggestion on HOW to change it is much more helpful than simply "change it".

Bad example: Gem augments are bad. change them.

Good example: Gem augments are too expensive, i believe the recipie should be made cheaper, particularly in the cost of titan souls, as these are timegated.

4. Try to sound professional
    You look less like an angry ranter and more like a civilized person when you write your posts out in a professional manner, try to stray away from abreviations like "RNG, plz, PR" and instead say things like "Randomness, please, and power rank". for some people, english may not be their first language, so this applies less, but still be sure not to sound like a child throwing a temper tantrum in your post, keep the angry words, caps, and exclamation points to a minimum, type your feedback like you were typing a letter to your grandma.

Bad example: WHY IS TRION MAKING THESE GEM BOXES COST MORE FLUX TO MAKE AHH! THIS IS NOT A GOOD CHANGE CHANGE IT BACK PLZ PLZ PLZ

Good example: I believe that the increase in the flux price for gem boxes is unnecessary, and should be reverted to its previous state. the current flux price is too uninclusive of newer players.

5. Follow the rules
    Dont break forum rules when writing your feedback, mainly the "dont discuss staff actions" rule, it will usually lead to your post getting deleted.

(No examples for this one because i dont wanna get banned lol)

~~*Reserved for future additions*~~
    Under mastery rank 20? Want a free class coin to unlock your favorite class? Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by Avarem View Post
    Words are hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Nums View Post
    Nope, nope and nope.
    this is the best update in 6 months, fam. please name all the downsides you can for this update.
    IGN: iurker | Discord: lurker#4458
    25.9k PC Main with 5.28m coeff. happy to help in sts on weekends if I'm not busy

Pretty much summarized everything. Large and great update, awesome ideas, terrible implementation. Gems reroll was good but terrible for newer players (3 Lunar souls and 6 binding? If you think they are easy to obtain for average players). Gems augment is like a ninja nerf of existing gems
    The whole ST revamp with the purpose of encouraging "Team-play" gave average players hard time to even progress up their PR. Imo maybe you can keep the bosses difficulty, but the stages before the boss needs it old difficulty back.

+ Reply to Thread