+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: New dragon egg fragment drop rates?

Quote Originally Posted by Dexsul View Post
    I got 1 Floral Dragon Egg Fragment after farm 8-9 sunflower tree(?) in U6 prime world.
    Sweet! Mind showing us the fragment in your inventory? Just want to be 100% sure. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    The drop rate is very, very low by design. You only need a small number of them per dragon and they are farmable in the open world, thus the current rarity. However, as with all systems we're willing to see how it works and adjust over time when needed. The update has been live for 1 day so it's all right if there are not many of these dragons in the world yet.
    Ok this is the problem, I think having it take 100 egg fragments and increase drop rate would give us a better progression feeling towards the dragon we want.

This system we can be an entire day farming and not see a single egg fragment. It will just make you give up because you were farming for 1 whole day and you got 0 progression from it nothing to show for all the work you did in that session.

Increase to 100-200 egg fragments and make them much more common... it would give the progression feeling everyone wants.

What would you do after u farm for days and get 0 egg fragments? even if it takes 5 of them you still are not seeing any kind of progression towards the dragon and it's just going to make you give up because how depressing it gets.

A rpg/mmorpg/game without progression achievment feeling is a NO in my list.

Quote Originally Posted by Novuhz View Post
    Ok this is the problem, I think having it take 100 egg fragments and increase drop rate would give us a better progression feeling towards the dragon we want.

This system we can be an entire day farming and not see a single egg fragment. It will just make you give up because you were farming for 1 whole day and you got 0 progression from it nothing to show for all the work you did in that session.

Increase to 100-200 egg fragments and make them much more common... it would give the progression feeling everyone wants.

What would you do after u farm for days and get 0 egg fragments? even if it takes 5 of them you still are not seeing any kind of progression towards the dragon and it's just going to make you give up because how depressing it gets.

A rpg/mmorpg/game without progression achievment feeling is a NO in my list.
    I'd rather we just have to collect the materials like the other eggs we can craft. Let us collect thousands of each ore, glacial shards, sunlight bulbs, and give the mobs a garunteed drop. This way we have a real goal with a honest, easily visible checklist.

It's obvious that they made the grind so intense that many people will buy the dragon effigy 'to get it over with.' Short term it will be rewarding for Trion but long term it will lose them revenue as people wake up and quit.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderAelwyd View Post
    It's obvious that they made the grind so intense that many people will buy the dragon effigy 'to get it over with.' Short term it will be rewarding for Trion but long term it will lose them revenue as people wake up and quit.
    I fear that may be the case. I would be far less annoyed by these crazy low drop rates if the fragments were just tradeable. But this has slowly become a single player game and that's not what I have played Trove for for all this time. I had really high hopes for this update and I'm really disappointed honestly. I don't love timegates, I don't love RNG that I can't get around by paying someone else for their luck, and now I can't even get through my shadow towers, lol. /rant
    IGN: Scrunchi | Mastery: 300/300 | Console: PC
    Submissions in Game: Bright Idea
    Referral Link

As much as I like new dragons, I'm slightly confused as to why the devs went with another system to collect fragments. I was perfectly fine with having to kill Flakbeard a fair number of times before I could craft him, why didn't they use the same setup with these dragons? Flower dragon spawns in Peaceful Biome; Robo Dragon spawns in Neon City; Ice Dragon spawns in Permafrost; etc.
    Shut up Douglas!

NO idea why you people keep going with super low drop rates and everything heavily rng based. If the droprates are anything like all those talismans, rip trove. I got one freaking talisman since they have been released ... Things can be "long term" archievments, but please take out some of the rng and also let people see their progress. If things are long term they should give something really good like the primo dragons do and at first getting dde was for many player also frustrating but it go fixed by the dragonite reward, for me that was a really nice solution, and something equal is needed for those new dragons.

If you are below Mastery 20 and want a free class coin.
    Go to Trionworlds -> login -> click on account->apply code and enter this: FML22WQ6Y6NRNY9FY2Y2

Fragment drop rate and overall patch experience

Let's start with the good stuff, the sub class system feels fresh and fun. I like the new shadow tower bosses despite some of them having increased difficulty and say hard mode which I'm not sure is intended. Now for the bad stuff, I agree with most people in this thread that the drop rate is too low or a new system is needed entirely. I for one wont be doing any grinding towards fragments when it is one of the most unrewarding things I've ever done in a video game. As for my own experience with the patch I opened close to 120 Empowered gem boxes and no dde. I've had to spend 6 million in flux just buy one for DDE. I understand the rarity but I watched other people open the same thing the day the patch went live and a lot of my friends were getting them. With destiny coming out I can't help but feel that I might not be on this game much longer. I know this sounds like a bit of a rant but I truly love trove and wish it to succeed but I can't help but feel that this game doesn't care about loyal players as it does nothing to truly reward me for my time put in this game it's now been eight or nine months without a diamond Dragon egg. If you ask me that is beyond ridiculous it shouldn't take someone nearly a year for something that affects your power rank. Honestly if there were no diamond dragonite being earned every day, I would have already quit. It's not too late trion please listen to the community as a lot of things could be improved not just for me but for all trovians.

With fasti's Joke of a response.

I'm done. $2000 down the drain. I'm sick of the b.s. rng. Thousands of dungeons never getting talismans. Now they are doing the same thing with creatures that effect stats. This company just shat the bed. If I could refund all my money right now I would. And I'd walk away and never look back. You guys pull this stunt with AAA games around the corner lol idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    The drop rate is very, very low by design. You only need a small number of them per dragon
    That's the issue I think, this drop rate is so low because you need 5 per dragon...but that's also true for 6 of them. A working adult may get 3-4 hours a day if they're lucky to play games. Seeing 0/5 after days worth of gameplay to them might not seem too bad in the mindset of you only need 5, but you actually need 30 to get all the dragons, not to mention all the other resources.

I've had the ability to play nearly non stop since release, and have been doing nothing but grind for these fragments. I've seen 0. Assuming that's ~18 hours of gameplay (potentially nearly a weeks worth to more casual players), to have no tangible sense of progression is offputting to say the least. Grinding dragon bosses you had an idea of what you were looking for, people are so active and helpful trying to invite whoever they can to them. There's no community to these, just mindless actions with no sense of getting anywhere :/

+ Reply to Thread