+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 42 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 420

  Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: New dragon egg fragment drop rates?

  1. #311
    Senior Member Chronozilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    2,403
    Probably won't get changed again, as far as i've seen, alot of people are getting atleast one fragment a day, and that's perfectly fine for what's supposed to be end game grinder dragons.
    IGN: Chronozilla | Mastery: 75,672 | Total Power Rank: 310,264 | Alpha Conqueror | Gem Augment Info | Trion Support
    Effort over Timegates! | LEGIT Heart-a-Phones Received: 660 | Heart-a-Phones Sent: 686 | Gem Rerolling Issue | Notes for Returning Players
    Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    Thanks for saving my bacon, Chronozilla.

  2. #312
    Senior Member fruitie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,919
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronozilla View Post
    Probably won't get changed again, as far as i've seen, alot of people are getting atleast one fragment a day, and that's perfectly fine for what's supposed to be end game grinder dragons.
    It's hard to say, to me infinium and slb dragons were farmable, the others appear to be absolute cancer and unenjoyable. Most people seem to have the opinion that they hate the dragons. Personally I don't think it makes sense. Other dragons are not as hard and the fact that there are now 38 fully grown dragons means that dragons are just not a special status. I don't think I've seen any other MMO where you spend so many hours and are rewarded with nothing of value, even if something has a low drop rate, you're usually getting something out of it outside of the rare fragment that has no value by itself. I'm not even sure the dragons are worth the effigy amount. $50 seems quite overpriced for a mount not too dissimilar to the more easy to get options. I think if they don't improve things it will be one of the several factors that make people have an unfavourable opinion of the game. If they're making content to slow people down over making things people actually enjoy, then I don't think it's good content.

  3. #313
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    214
    Quote Originally Posted by fruitie View Post
    It's hard to say, to me infinium and slb dragons were farmable, the others appear to be absolute cancer and unenjoyable. Most people seem to have the opinion that they hate the dragons. Personally I don't think it makes sense. Other dragons are not as hard and the fact that there are now 38 fully grown dragons means that dragons are just not a special status. I don't think I've seen any other MMO where you spend so many hours and are rewarded with nothing of value, even if something has a low drop rate, you're usually getting something out of it outside of the rare fragment that has no value by itself. I'm not even sure the dragons are worth the effigy amount. $50 seems quite overpriced for a mount not too dissimilar to the more easy to get options. I think if they don't improve things it will be one of the several factors that make people have an unfavourable opinion of the game. If they're making content to slow people down over making things people actually enjoy, then I don't think it's good content.
    The only thing I can think is that they're planning to nerf Magic Find. Or introduce new, even rarer items that drop with high enough MF. It would be nice to know that all this effort is worth it in the end.

  4. #314
    Senior Member PowerDj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Posts
    867
    Quote Originally Posted by fruitie View Post
    It's hard to say, to me infinium and slb dragons were farmable, the others appear to be absolute cancer and unenjoyable. Most people seem to have the opinion that they hate the dragons. Personally I don't think it makes sense. Other dragons are not as hard and the fact that there are now 38 fully grown dragons means that dragons are just not a special status. I don't think I've seen any other MMO where you spend so many hours and are rewarded with nothing of value, even if something has a low drop rate, you're usually getting something out of it outside of the rare fragment that has no value by itself. I'm not even sure the dragons are worth the effigy amount. $50 seems quite overpriced for a mount not too dissimilar to the more easy to get options. I think if they don't improve things it will be one of the several factors that make people have an unfavourable opinion of the game. If they're making content to slow people down over making things people actually enjoy, then I don't think it's good content.
    I 100% agree with this. They're only making content like this, I imagine, so that the end-game players won't be able to grind it up in one day of hard work and then ignore it. But instead of making it fun for one group of people (newer players) and less fun for another group (end-game players), they just made it extremely boring for everyone. And I totally agree that dragons have lost their value too. When everything is just a result of mindless grinding and time-gating, it's inevitable that anyone will be able to get one eventually. Instead of being something you look at and think "wow, that's a really rare mount, that person must be good!", they're just "oh, it's another person riding the primordial dragon cause it looks cool, like the 50 others in this hub world." At this point, the only truly rare mounts are the pegasus mounts and ganda.
    Cacti are cool. Yeah.

  5. #315
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1
    Person above me what your saying is weird so if it's all about rarity then what they did is doing just that stopping most people from not having it if it was easy and fun everyone's going to have it vice versa I don't care about rarity I have a dragon most people have (ancient)
    I like it don't care that it's not rare I also have the glacial shard dragon because I really wanted it so I went for it took 60k shards but it was worth it

  6. #316
    Member Arret Atanos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Right behind you
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercifis View Post
    Person above me what your saying is weird so if it's all about rarity then what they did is doing just that stopping most people from not having it if it was easy and fun everyone's going to have it vice versa I don't care about rarity I have a dragon most people have (ancient)
    I like it don't care that it's not rare I also have the glacial shard dragon because I really wanted it so I went for it took 60k shards but it was worth it
    i think his main gripe might be that there are way too many dragons that are basically obtained the same way
    well gee golly gosh, it really is dandy that i can't change this username thing

    ign: Underleveled in case anyone was wondering, which, chances are, they aren't

  7. #317
    Member GlisteningSapphire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    67
    Hey guys, does anybody know if the Miraldis (Dino Dragon) Egg has ever been placed for sale inside the Marketplace yet? It's the last dragon I've been having trouble getting, and I've already used my Dragon Effigy to unlock the Ice Dragon. ^=^"

  8. #318
    I finally got my 2nd fragment of the jet dragon, both frags I got dropped by random spawned bosses in neon biome, so I think the boss's have a higher chance of dropping.

  9.   This is the last Trove Team post in this thread.   #319
    Quote Originally Posted by KoBeWi View Post
    To clarify it, any enemy that drops Robotic Salvage, can drop the Kami egg. So if Frontier/Candy (I think) punchbots can drop Salvage, they drop egg fragments too.
    This is correct.

    Quote Originally Posted by PowerDj View Post
    I 100% agree with this. They're only making content like this, I imagine, so that the end-game players won't be able to grind it up in one day of hard work and then ignore it. But instead of making it fun for one group of people (newer players) and less fun for another group (end-game players), they just made it extremely boring for everyone. And I totally agree that dragons have lost their value too. When everything is just a result of mindless grinding and time-gating, it's inevitable that anyone will be able to get one eventually. Instead of being something you look at and think "wow, that's a really rare mount, that person must be good!", they're just "oh, it's another person riding the primordial dragon cause it looks cool, like the 50 others in this hub world." At this point, the only truly rare mounts are the pegasus mounts and ganda.
    Some interesting points here.

    From a design standpoint, you run into a problem with making things cool, exclusive and something that everyone wants (dragons) but also making it easy to obtain.

    The "coolness" of a dragon diminishes the first time you get your first dragon and more or less each time you collect each subsequent one thereafter. The "coolness" also diminishes when dragons become trivial to obtain or commonplace.

    While we wanted to add additional vectors for dragons, we had to be careful and keep those caveats in mind while implementing them.

    The original idea for these dragons was not to make players grind for hours until their eyes bled, but as something that could be obtained naturally through casual play.

    We agree that grinding is not good gameplay and is not fun. We never intended for players to go out of their way and do something they normally wouldn't do during a normal play session.

    However, if spending hours trying to locate these elusive fragments is that important to a player, then please - by all means spend your time playing however you like. We'll never do anything to try and force players to grind content.

    I do like the idea of increasing the drop rate and the number needed. I think this would give players a better sense of progression over time, which should occur naturally while casually playing the game.




    -Mort
    Noah 'Morticus' Holmes
    Senior Designer, Trove
    Trion Worlds, Inc.
    "The more I learn, the more I learn how little I know." -Socrates

  10. #320
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    479
    Quote Originally Posted by Morticus View Post
    This is correct.



    Some interesting points here.

    From a design standpoint, you run into a problem with making things cool, exclusive and something that everyone wants (dragons) but also making it easy to obtain.

    The "coolness" of a dragon diminishes the first time you get your first dragon and more or less each time you collect each subsequent one thereafter. The "coolness" also diminishes when dragons become trivial to obtain or commonplace.

    While we wanted to add additional vectors for dragons, we had to be careful and keep those caveats in mind while implementing them.

    The original idea for these dragons was not to make players grind for hours until their eyes bled, but as something that could be obtained naturally through casual play.

    We agree that grinding is not good gameplay and is not fun. We never intended for players to go out of their way and do something they normally wouldn't do during a normal play session.

    However, if spending hours trying to locate these elusive fragments is that important to a player, then please - by all means spend your time playing however you like. We'll never do anything to try and force players to grind content.

    I do like the idea of increasing the drop rate and the number needed. I think this would give players a better sense of progression over time, which should occur naturally while casually playing the game.




    -Mort
    Thank you very much for listening to us Mort!

    Can I also draw your attention to another benefit for increasing the drop rate and the number needed?

    I have created simulations based on hypothetical drop rates for the situations,

    1) Where only 5 is needed and the probability of dropping is "p"
    2) Where 50 are needed and the probability of dropping is "10*p"

    In general, when the probability of "p" is very small, the distribution for the number of trials is very skewed to the right (like in a case for scenario 1) and the distribution is symmetric for 10*p while the mean number of trials remains the same.

    Symmetry is important because if you are one of the lucky 2.5% of the players, the number of trials you are a little under the mean. However, if you are one of the unlucky 2.5% of the players, you are potentially waaaaaay over the mean making the task 3-4 times longer than intended.

    Simulations, R scripts, and graphs are located in this post,

    http://forums.trovegame.com/showthre...ribution/page2

    Not only does scenario 2 give a better sense of progression, it doesn't change the mean time, and pulls the unlucky players closer to the mean.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts