+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Shadow Tower too difficult

1.   This is the last Trove Team post in this thread.   #331
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronozilla View Post
    I wanted to chime into this thread real quick about hard daughter having as much health as she does, and clearly something went wrong internally somewhere, look how close the health numbers are to dread on normal and ultra, and then compare that to hard mode. (numbers are in millions, hard and ultra have 99% resistance, credit to summerhaas for the info)

Even just comparing it to pre-eclipse ultra dotm, it's almost twice as tanky as that was, and that's just no fun for something that's "allegedly" for a group of 2.5k players, they don't stand a chance.
    I'd like to propose her health get scaled down to a third of it's current value, to be more in line with the health curve of every other boss.
    We discussed this briefly in our most recent livestream, but there are adjustments coming to the Shadow Tower. We want to make it so that the final bosses on Hard Mode aren't so much harder than the first bosses on Ultra. Those can be made to scale a bit better so the difficulty levels feel more appropriate.

Normal mode is likely going to see some changes as well. Normal mode should be a challenge but might be a bit too punishing for groups of new players. We'll have more info to share on that in the weeks ahead.
    Steve "Fasti" Haines
    Community Manager, Trove
    PvP Master and Bulldog

Read our forum rules before posting, please! |Looking for help? Contact our support team! | Found a bug? Follow these steps to report it and we'll fix it ASAP!

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter!

its nice they are doing some changes 'fixing' to the current difficulty on st but i cant help to wonder why normal mode is seeing changes as well hmm...normal mode is fine as it is and like you said abit too punishing for new players when its already punishing enough for them now

also maybe devs should increase the pr required to enter. atleast this would make players to go lvl up their gems more and then progress onwards.
    from way back mop,i have always find the pr doesnt really suit the difficulty even in just uber grind.
    a player that just hit 10k pr isnt gona do well even for ultra spike regardless having a group of same 10k pr players. so in the end you still need some higher pr and hopefully they are properly strong players to carry. i have seen players that have the decent pr due to current 'new' gems with higher pr but the overall stats is just bad or isnt appropriate.
    new players just want to enter due to pr required so they ignore whatever stats the gem is given and u have supposed decent dps class joining yet they have lots of hp due to bad gems.

Quote Originally Posted by phagy View Post
    its nice they are doing some changes 'fixing' to the current difficulty on st but i cant help to wonder why normal mode is seeing changes as well hmm...normal mode is fine as it is and like you said abit too punishing for new players when its already punishing enough for them now

also maybe devs should increase the pr required to enter. atleast this would make players to go lvl up their gems more and then progress onwards.
    from way back mop,i have always find the pr doesnt really suit the difficulty even in just uber grind.
    a player that just hit 10k pr isnt gona do well even for ultra spike regardless having a group of same 10k pr players. so in the end you still need some higher pr and hopefully they are properly strong players to carry. i have seen players that have the decent pr due to current 'new' gems with higher pr but the overall stats is just bad or isnt appropriate.
    new players just want to enter due to pr required so they ignore whatever stats the gem is given and u have supposed decent dps class joining yet they have lots of hp due to bad gems.
    I also wondered about the PR requirement it shows, but I don't know if it should be changed. It just shows the absolute minimum you need to enter, but I think NM DOTM emp gem boxes help players hit 2.5k or 5kpr to begin with. Not really sure how they can get higher pr without emp gems, unless they learn about stellar gear quickly and save up/buy 600pr stellar pieces. But these are new players, they don't this yet I assume, so shadow gear would be their highest before getting emp gem boxes. Well I'm atleast glad Fasti said they will change some things, especially that HM DOTM hp.

I think i am going to wait till they fix the shadow tower, I have 2.6 million hp and almost 1k crit dmg. I get 2 shot. The difficulty is ridiculous, This isn't dark souls.

Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    We discussed this briefly in our most recent livestream, but there are adjustments coming to the Shadow Tower. We want to make it so that the final bosses on Hard Mode aren't so much harder than the first bosses on Ultra. Those can be made to scale a bit better so the difficulty levels feel more appropriate.

Normal mode is likely going to see some changes as well. Normal mode should be a challenge but might be a bit too punishing for groups of new players. We'll have more info to share on that in the weeks ahead.
    I've heard about that, it does seem strange that the last two hard mode bosses are tens if not hundreds of times harder than the first two ultra bosses.
    IGN: Chronozilla | Mastery: 70,013 Tied for Rank 1 | Total Power Rank: 287,615 | Alpha Conqueror | Gem Boost Indicators | Trion Support
    Effort over Timegates! | Heart-a-Phones Received: 573 | Heart-a-Phones Sent: 679 | Gem Rerolling Issue | Notes for Returning Players
    Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    Thanks for saving my bacon, Chronozilla.

My English is very bad
    Shadow Tower have to be complicated. It is not necessary to simplify.
    What really need to do is make mutual to the players who spent a lot of time and money on leveling your character could not use it once a week for an hour, and received at least Badges for your help in passing on to others. for example to help 1000 times in the passing room, to help 1000 times to kill a boss, etc.

Add improvement clubs. For example - additional damage to ST, etc.

Now there's no motivation in helping others. New players come they are hard and they leave, and old players are bored they have nothing to do and they go play other games.

I was talking to a guy I met randomly in hard ST. he was saying he's a 19k gs and was able to solo the first 2 bosses on ultra, but couldn't do anything on the last 2 bosses on hard mode. I didn't believe him at first, so I opened up the first portal for ultra just out curiosity and tried to at least make it to the boss.

To my surprise the monsters and even mini bosses were a lot easier to kill than it is on the last stage of Dotm hard. The monsters of first ultra tower felt like the monsters of 5th floor on hard, maybe a bit easier than that.

I wasn't able to beat the boss, I only cleared up to the 2nd portal, but still I was surprised how much easier it was than dotm hard monsters. I'm only a 17k boomeranger btw. I can't kill anything on dotm tower, but can on first ultra tower? Something isn't right.

Quote Originally Posted by edy View Post
    I was talking to a guy I met randomly in hard ST. he was saying he's a 19k gs and was able to solo the first 2 bosses on ultra, but couldn't do anything on the last 2 bosses on hard mode. I didn't believe him at first, so I opened up the first portal for ultra just out curiosity and tried to at least make it to the boss.

To my surprise the monsters and even mini bosses were a lot easier to kill than it is on the last stage of Dotm hard. The monsters of first ultra tower felt like the monsters of 5th floor on hard, maybe a bit easier than that.

I wasn't able to beat the boss, I only cleared up to the 2nd portal, but still I was surprised how much easier it was than dotm hard monsters. I'm only 17k br btw. I can't kill anything on dotm towe, but can on first ultra tower? Something isn't right.
    Same. I'm a 16.5k GS and I have no issue with the first two bosses on Ultra, but the last two on hard are just outrageous. Even with a 22k helping me it's still immensely difficult.

We just had a group of pure 10k-13k with two of us DPS in 16k+ and one 5.6k and we still had more issues, even swapping to other gems for defensive purposes, which evidently didn't work. People at 2.5k pr are getting moon keys which they can't even use on the last two bosses because the requirements people are asking for are 12.5k+ for two areas on HARD. Imho this should have been evaluated via a public test server or something, or a public patch beta. Don't get me wrong, it's great that the ST is harder significantly, as it kept me into the game instead of being ran but a group of 18ks easily, but hell, if casuals such as myself are finding it near impossible with quintuple digit power ranked players, then there's a huge issue that should have been addressed the first time. It wouldn't be so bad if the resist was nuked to about half or less to what it is currently, but damn. =\

I can't say anything for ultra mode ST because even before I wasn't high enough to try it out.

Shadow tower is not too difficult. Maybe for normal st players,but everything else is fine.

St normal needing X 8 5k
    St hard needing X 8 10k
    St ultra needing x8 15k
    St ultra hard X 8 20k

Bonus for having different classes

X8 different classes = 50% dmg
    X7 = 45
    X 6 = 40
    X5 = 25
    X4= 20
    X3 = 15

This fixes the broken end game of x7 gs and a CB/Gs being purple name like having a Gs makes you a good player...

Makes people play more classes and helps to gear market etc.
    Having 4 st makes it easy to scale based on pr..

+ Reply to Thread