+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 25k PR to get max subclass effect is impossible...

nobody said all the tiers were obtainable on release, you can't get the green power rank sigils either, they're just future proofing themselves a bit.
    IGN: Chronozilla | Total Mastery: TBA | Total Power Rank: TBA | Alpha Conqueror | Gem Augment Info | Companion Egg Issue | Trove Support
    LEGIT Heart-a-Phones Received: 703 | Heart-a-Phones Sent: 687| Fish Caught: 31,208 | Trovesaurus | Geode Master Sheet | Notes for Returning Players
    Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    Thanks for saving my bacon, Chronozilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronozilla View Post
    nobody said all the tiers were obtainable on release, you can't get the green power rank sigils either, they're just future proofing themselves a bit.
    although judging by how close we almooooost scrape by 25k it looks more like an oversight, either with my math or by trion :P
    Under mastery rank 20? Want a free class coin to unlock your favorite class? Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by Avarem View Post
    Words are hard.

Quote Originally Posted by KoBeWi View Post
    Here's the wiki page with all tiers: http://trove.wikia.com/wiki/Subclass

And I agree, some tier bonuses are pathetic and not much worth it to level up. For 5k pr on subclass you can gain e.g. 250 more damage (5th to 6th tier). You can easily get 10x more from single Empowered Gem. And most of special effects have 1% more activation chance per tier and only this. They add some RNG, and upgrading them gives you better RNG. Well... Trove.

I like the idea of sub-class system that gives you incentive to upgrade other classes, but differences between tiers are just too low in most cases. On the other hand, Knight gives 1 flask per tier, which is a lot compared to how many flasks you have normally.
    That's pretty cool to see the actual figures behind them each tier. I haven't actually seen fully detailed figures before. Interestingly some of the passive abilities aren't really affected by increased pr due to internal cooldowns anyway. Though I am interested to see how the taunt plays out and how it affects other classes ability to hold aggro.

i think they are adding 10k PR rings lol
    ign: 1cthyballs, 18kpr Candy barb, 19k Gunslinger, 19k Shadow Hunter, 19k Pirate Captain

Perhaps it has something to do with future planned max mastery stat boosts.
    Perhaps future dragons added to grant more power ranking.
    Even better yet whatever system in mind to augment rings, or a new item that can be slotted in the 'ring' slot?
    Or perhaps a future forged soul sink to augment gear to make gear more powerful?

Future will tell!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobfishkins23 View Post
    Trion said on stream we would need to reach 25k power rank to get the max subclass tier... sadly... this isnt quite possible...

the max pr for a small gem fully augmented is 1755
    1755 x 6 slots = 10530
    10530 x 1.1 (primordial dragon multiplier) = 11583
    the max pr of an empowered gem will be 2255 with the cap increase and fully augmented
    2255 x 3 slots = 6765
    6765 x 1.1 = 7442 (rounded up)
    11583 + 6765 = 19025
    You forgot 3 primordial dragons that gives 30% more gem pr, aka 19025*0.3 = 5707 pr.

i just typed the wrong number in, i got 19025 with the primo boost, ive edited the post to correct this
    Under mastery rank 20? Want a free class coin to unlock your favorite class? Click here!

Words are hard.

So i've been trying to get a response about this for a while, and trion doesnt want to answer, but i believe it will answer the Op question.

1755/1855 pr for lesser/empowered gems appears to no longer be the maximum.

In the gem forge preview livestream, they added 200 pr to a maxed out empowered gem IN ONE STAT!

That means a total of 600pr can be added to THAT gem. Which would make the new max (without dragon effects) between 30-35k. This depends on exactly how far any stat can be increased.

they increased the cap for empowered gems only, this was on PTS a while ago. these increases were factored into my calculations.

Words are hard.

I'm kind of thinking the subclass system is a bit meh. I thought it was going to be something cool to spice up your character for endgame content, but it's really just a barely noticeable addition to a stat alongside some effect, usually with a frustrating RNG element involved. Will the devs ever learn that we don't like RNG?
    Cacti are cool. Yeah.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast