+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: More Abilities Each Class

Lightbulb More Abilities Each Class

I've been playing for a little while now, and I can't help but be a little disappointed of how many abilities each class has. I was thinking each class could have more than three abilities, in which could be costomized in the quick bar by opening an abilities window. (like the original abilities, they would be unlocked sequentially by gaining levels)
    I've been mainly playing as the tomb raiser (which is essentially a necromancer) and have had a few ideas for other abilities that they could have, like curses (debuffs, health drain, energy drain, etc.), corps bomb, zombies, tortured souls, some other sort of corps abomination as a ultimate, and maybe a lich ultimate (somewhat like the banshees boon, but even more powerful and you have to consume all your minions, and like the grave goliath, the more you consume the more powerful it will be.)
    If more abilities were added and made customizable, it would put much more variety into each class for each player.

I completely agree with this. There is not enough variety in the classes as they are and additional abilities would really spice things up.

Added to my suggestion thread! (As long as it's ok with you!)
    Feel free to take a look by clicking the link in my signature =)
    Stay Awesome,
    -DragonCoffee (IGN)
    Discord: DragonCoffee#9172
    Have a great suggestion for Trove? Check if it's been suggested before on my Main Suggestion List! The ultimate suggestion consolidation thread project!
    (A full list of every suggestion for Trove posted by anyone!)

I like Trove's simplicity. I may be in the minority, but I'm against the ideas that turn Trove to just like all the other hundreds of other games out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennry View Post
    I like Trove's simplicity. I may be in the minority, but I'm against the ideas that turn Trove to just like all the other hundreds of other games out there.
    Well there is a good reason why pretty much every other MMO has a ton of abilities, it adds a lot more depth to gameplay and gives a lot more variety. It's a lot more enjoyable to the majority.

I'm not saying that I want that to happen, I'm just saying that it might be nice to have a couple more abilities or even the option to choose between a selection of abilities. More isn't necessarily better but we are extremely limited right now and it would be nice to have some freedom in this field.
    Stay Awesome,
    -DragonCoffee (IGN)
    Have a great suggestion for Trove? Check if it's been suggested before on my Main Suggestion List! The ultimate suggestion consolidation thread project!

Yeah, it's okay to add it to your thread.

Much appreciated! Glad you approve!
    Stay Awesome,
    -DragonCoffee (IGN)

Ya know its just a discussion right, your idea unfortunately as much as I want it too will never be materialized cuz the devs are too busy doing nothing, hundred of games get way higher than trove because the employees of the company are way more active and dedicated to their game unlike the trove devs who might not know how the hell their game works.
    love your idea after all and would love to see it one day

Quote Originally Posted by Pennry View Post
    I partially agree with you.
    We don't need 29 abillities like all other MMO's out there.
    Maybe a fourth, passive perhaps.
    But i would hate to see getting 10 more abillities.

This is a suggestion on its own

I did not feel the need to create a different thread as we are already
    discussing classes and abillities here.

From my point of view we don't neccesarily need more abillities, as i quote-replied to someone else
    perhaps another passive abillity would be better.
    Or one active one, but we really don't need that much more abillities.

One passive that i found weird that it wasn't implemented is that candy barbarian gets slowed
    by chocolate, i mean, he's a candy barbarian isn't he? shouldn't candoria be his home turf?

I'd rather see each character be revamped and shine in their respective biomes. (moreso talking about passives here)
    This also brings back the thought of how useless dracolytes passive really is unless you actively seek out
    dragonfire peaks or igneous islands, besides that there's not much lava to be found to benefit from the speed bonus.

For example;
    Candy Barbarian in Candoria.
    Dracolyte in dragonfire peaks, igneous islands.
    Ice Sage in permafrost.
    Pirate Captain in treasure isles.
    Shadow Hunter in everdark perhaps? (?) (Not sure about SH, its quite strong already, might need a biome on its own if new ones will be made where it'll fit in) .
    Fae Trickster in faerie biome (obv) .
    Dino Tamer in jurassic jungle.
    Knight in medieval highlands.
    Tomb Raiser in cursed vale.
    Gunslinger in desert frontier (because being a gunslinger, would fit with the cowboy-ish theme(?) ).
    Chloromancer in leafy archipelago, (?) magic atoll (?).
    Boomeranger inhigh lands(?).
    Lunar Lancer in Radiant ruins (?).
    Neon Ninja in Neon city.
    Revenant in radiant ruins as well, maybe? (?).

Anyway, this idea i have had for a couple of weeks now and i had the motivation
    to type this.

@Newdestroy wouldn't this increase depth on its own rather than having many abillities each class?

Quote Originally Posted by xDivisionz View Post
    @Newdestroy wouldn't this increase depth on its own rather than having many abillities each class?
    In a small way, yes, but it's extremely situational since there's a lot of biomes, some of which aren't even in certain elemental worlds.

What I would like to see is maybe 1 or 2 more abilities/passive or the option to select your abilities from a specific set but still be limited to the current amount of abilities (or both).

I feel adding these layers would add some depth and variety to gameplay since right now we have very little to choose from and doesn't really flesh-out the classes very much. That's just my opinion though ;D
    Stay Awesome,
    -DragonCoffee (IGN)

+ Reply to Thread