+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rev. Vs. Candy barb

Question Rev. Vs. Candy barb

Since long ago i got both characters but never really used them, now i have 11k boom and want to have a 10k tank. So my question is who will be a better tank and also who is best in soloing shadow towers

Rev is a slow, damage over time character, while CB is damge AND tank. If you wanna tank Ult dotm or ult vpg, play rev. If you wanna quickly solo hard and first two ult, use cb.

Under your bed! In your closet! behind the shower curtain!
    Quote Originally Posted by rrtallar View Post
    Since long ago i got both characters but never really used them, now i have 11k boom and want to have a 10k tank. So my question is who will be a better tank and also who is best in soloing shadow towers
    basically CB is better.
    Rev in my experience isn't used much tho, which is a plus in my eyes.
    IGN: Ships
    Troller and Provoker.

The short of it is that Candy Barbarian is much more used. It may well be the better at speed Soloing . Both are definitely viable as tanks, though.

Similarities: They both have forms of self-heal. They both have abilities that pull enemies to them (with the CB class gem anyway).

Pro to CB: The candies dropped by its Ultimate affect all allies within 40 blocks. The Attack speed bonus is quite ridiculous, so it makes them super beneficial to high dps groups. This is undoubtedly the main reason it is used. If everything is killed faster, you don't have to 'survive' as long.
    Con to CB: It uses the Energy resource. To keep up its health while tanking and to use its pull, it needs to use skills quite a bit. If you don't have max Energy Regen, you'll find yourself empty and wasting vials.

Pro to Rev: It has the only true Taunt type attack skill (disregarding Decoy abilities and minions of Tomb Raiser). Bulwark Bash forces enemies you hit with it to focus on you for 4 seconds. Not only that, its Ultimate will forcibly draw in enemies for the extent of its duration. If you are brought to 1 health (other than by a certain insta-kill move in DotM) you are revived to 50% and summon a minion. It is easily the hardest to kill of the two. All of its abilities work on cooldown only, no Energy. You can go all Max Health and Movement Speed - making it easy to chase down stray enemies.
    Con to Rev: There is no great compromise between damage and health. Bulwark Bash's damage and DoT is based on your Physical damage. However, as it taunts all enemies to attack you, you'd be eaten alive if you go to far using it without lots and lots of health stacked in Ultra. Rev's damage will never be amazing.

To sum, CB is best as a damage dealing tank while Rev is the best at absolute health survivability.

There is certainly a point in the numbers where CB is more than hard enough to kill while still providing the bonus candies - therefore at end-game it is considered 'better'.

+ Reply to Thread