+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: PSA: Max Mastery and Despoiled Divinity

PSA: Max Mastery and Despoiled Divinity

Hey all,

Making this thread to spread some awareness about what's gonna be happening on the 21st and the 22nd of august.

As was confirmed in yesterday's livestream, shadow towers will not get reset when eclipse hits on tuesday, meaning if you do your towers on monday, you can't get rewards from them again until the week after.

This becomes a problem for max mastery because with eclipse, dotm will have a new type of soul added to her rewards, that being despoiled divinity. if you as a max mastery player do your dotm on monday instead of tuesday post-eclipse, you'll be a week behind on those souls, hence a week behind on moonsilver costumes, and that's going to hurt your score for a very very long time. (half a year-ish)

My point is, if you even remotely care about staying at max mastery, you'll do your darnest to not to your dotm clear for that week until after eclipse lands, or you'll be regretting it for quite a while.

Hopefully the making of this post will reach some of those which it concerns, and i urge you to keep it in mind when that monday comes around.
    IGN: Chronozilla | Mastery: 70,901 | Total Power Rank: 289,980 | Alpha Conqueror | Gem Augment Info | Trion Support
    Effort over Timegates! | LEGIT Heart-a-Phones Received: 654 | Heart-a-Phones Sent: 685 | Gem Rerolling Issue | Notes for Returning Players
    Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    Thanks for saving my bacon, Chronozilla.

Not everyone will be informed, might aswell lock down shadow tower on 21st, instead to get lots of complain later.

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown_Y View Post
    Not everyone will be informed, might aswell lock down shadow tower on 21st, instead to get lots of complain later.
    God no, I plan on trading titan souls then.
    My referral code: WYYPNJ2KQF2QTJHF737Q but feel free to use someone else's if you can.

Max mastery will soon become a weekly $/time spent challenge in my opinion. Anything we do to prepare ourself won't be enough unless its putting some money on the side for what's coming &/or leaving your job to focus on Trove.

I personally been "max mastery" for almost 2 years (if you exclude codes). This used to be the biggest problem closely followed by seasonal events. I decided to let go top mastery recently & will stand by my decision.

Good luck to everyone & anyone that will go for max mastery post update. ^.^/

Not many people that play the game seems to visit the forums so im guessing outrage will be had XD.

I'm guessing the max mastery psa is not for mastery 300 peeps, but for the power players tied for 1st spot, such as Chronozilla here. I personally assume since they are aforementioned power players they'd already be aware of the how to stay above everyone else meta, but perhaps I'm wrong. If we aren't at the tip top, the messing up divinity thing would be a week long inconvenience, but still only an inconvenience.

Thank you regardless for spreading information.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskan View Post
    I'm guessing the max mastery psa is not for mastery 300 peeps, but for the power players tied for 1st spot, such as Chronozilla here. I personally assume since they are aforementioned power players they'd already be aware of the how to stay above everyone else meta, but perhaps I'm wrong. If we aren't at the tip top, the messing up divinity thing would be a week long inconvenience, but still only an inconvenience.

Thank you regardless for spreading information.
    Yes, this is for the people at the top of the leaderboard, not mastery 300.

You'd be surprised how many might get it wrong, especially since many of the max players are also speedrunners, and they might fall into the trap of doing their speedrun on monday to get purple for a week only to screw themselves over on mastery for far longer.
    IGN: Chronozilla | Mastery: 70,901 | Total Power Rank: 289,980 | Alpha Conqueror | Gem Augment Info | Trion Support
    Effort over Timegates! | LEGIT Heart-a-Phones Received: 654 | Heart-a-Phones Sent: 685 | Gem Rerolling Issue | Notes for Returning Players
    Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    Thanks for saving my bacon, Chronozilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Siimon View Post
    Max mastery will soon become a weekly $/time spent challenge in my opinion.
    I doubt they will change the mastery contest. The mastery contest is somewhat one of the most dominant factor to motivate wealthy/P2P players to play the game and collect all the new collectible within the week.

I've already started telling those I know about skipping the Monday blitz. It was something we couldn't test, so even if they said we could get at least the new tokens by running it the second time, it's bound to bug out.

Quote Originally Posted by PPP View Post
    I doubt they will change the mastery contest. The mastery contest is somewhat one of the most dominant factor to motivate wealthy/P2P players to play the game and collect all the new collectible within the week.
    It's also one that actually requires people to put in effort to maintain.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronozilla View Post
    this is for the people at the top of the leaderboard, not mastery 300.
    After working on this for two years, I cannot tell you how terrible this would have been had I ran st like I usually do mondays.
    I just hit max last week, and if this screwed up all my previous work, I can't tell you how mad I would be. I would would most likely have quit over this, even though I enjoy trove so much.

Chrono, thank you for all you do, and for the heads up. I appreciate your contribution to this game. I am surprised that trion wont come out with this info to let players know what to expect, and that is has to come from other fellow players to give warnings/heads up.

+ Reply to Thread