+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Please define Trove~

Under your bed! In your closet! behind the shower curtain!
    Quote Originally Posted by Siimon View Post
    Thank you for the opinions guys/gals & please keep them coming!

I was honestly expecting more positive then negative with the next big update right around the corner.
    Tbh i think the next update is more hype than content. it IS a good direction i think, but still seems like mostly hype to me.
    IGN: Ships
    Troller and Provoker.

Like others have stated Trove has changed from a game of do what you want and have fun with friends without pressure to a competitive rpg with leaderboards and a sense of I have to do these challenges/ST/gem farming or be left behind. The other option is to spend lots of real money...

I did not mind spending money on the game once upon a time and I've invested more in this game than all the other games I play combined, but no more.

I think it's to late to change the games direction at this point and I have to force myself to log in let alone play much these days because there are far better games to play for the times I wish to be competitive .
    Referral code for free class coin if you're below mastery 20 (PC version): HZWCRGGMKM6Q9H26W93N After you hit mastery 20 and are verified I will hook you up with some gear or ST runs.

TBH all mmo's or mmorpg's become boring eventually because of the repetition. At the moment trove feels like an mmo with a poor building/construction feature that Trove boasted (for whatever reason). I came to trove not just because of the action it offered but also building. The building in this game is such a timesink and cumbersome that I just stopped building before taking a long break from the game this year.

With the addition of subclasses, I really hope Trion decides to add more status effects on mob/bosses than just defense and reduced jump. This idea has probably been suggested numerous times before but honestly, Trion needs to add these into the game. If they added more status effects, we'll actually have to start focusing on other stats than just pure pd/md/cd/ch on most classes. Some additional status effects could be reduced attack speed, reduced movement speed, no energy regeneration (which will actually require cooldown classes such as boomeranger, revenant, dino, pirate etc to effectively beat). Another good status effect could be invulnerability.

These status effect will make fighting bosses actually challenging and will definitely require more teamwork.

Just my 2cents.

I would define Trove as a wonderfully fun and community based game, with a load of RNG creep.
    There is absolutely a ton of things to do in this game.
    Adventure, build, farm, clublife, etc...

However the few things that seem to be really 'lacking' is clubs. 5 club slots means we are very limited, and with the 'lack' of control for building it means that many within clubs are simply along 'for the ride'. (especially when leaders can really only help organize players, help with gear, and allow 'building with risk' for other players --- most all else has become untradable so excess cannot be shared)

Another super frustrating aspect, is while most of the game is work to progress, there is also a ton of things that have become pure RNG.
    Talismans and auras (and some mounts like shadow tower mounts) come to mind for this aspect. Being here for around two years now, and getting one aura drop means that I have no clue how other players earn them (other than player marketplace). With talismans, I am now up to three found. Corgi, meownt, and centar. I am not sure that griff talismans really drop in this game. While these things are still trade-able, the drop rate for players hoping to earn these themselves means that they can play for YEARS and never obtain a single one themselves.
    Same with the new dragons. We have yet to see the 'droprate' for earning all the new dragons, however I will guess that most players will need to purchase from the player market if they wish to obtain these (if they are trade-able).
    Also allowing older 'unlockers' become completely useless by having the new 'shiny loot' unobtainable. (with the exception of rat mounts now, which is a good move). I will be curious if the dragon effigy will be obsoleted with the new 8 dragons that are about to come out. Creating new 'classifications' for dragons means that what we previously may have purchased becomes completely useless which sends me mixed signals on spending money in this game.

The other thing that I really miss, is earning more items the more we play. This no longer is the way of things. While we can farm simple things (bulbs, ores, shards, etc...) the rarer things, there is no way to farm for them. RNG and seeming 'maximum number of drops per day/limited per time' means that we can be farming for weeks on end without seeing a single drop of we are trying to work towards.

This becomes amplified when Trion pits players against each other. Contests should never be based on what others can do, and should be entirely based on what is possible in game. Rather than reward players in the weekly contests against each other, it should be based entirely on what that player has accomplished. Get within 5% of maximum total power possible within the game? Reward. Get within 10% of maximum total power within the game? Reward. Limiting the number of players who can earn rewards, only leads to people gaming the system to bump all others out. I hope that while my numbers may not be the proper % for rewards, the concept for this system should be seriously considered (and keeping it as a % means it can future-scale with minimal changes).

However even all of this aside, I still enjoy playing Trove daily and will maintain my patron because it is still fun for me to play. While I do not expect to 'earn it all immediately' I am disappointed that there is absolutely no work to progress, while playing for hours and hours week after week, getting absolutely nothing we seek out while 'farming'. It simply means that some players get 'lucky' which leaves all others behind in the dust that strive to get to the 'top' end game.

Still, I have my hopes for Trove and will be here as long as I have fun, which also includes me spending money on this game to help support my entertainment.

So, with that being a good portion of my 'frame of mind' I would describe Trove as a community built, fun RNG-based grinding adventure with many things to do in the game.

I must mention,

Trove today also have...
    Excessive RNG use & a "nice" Grind (for those who like that type of time waster). But it's not for casual players anymore.

P.S. Missing more then 4 days of login in any month will set you back a whole year unless you spend $ to catch back. (mastery wise)

Especially with the update it's not even possible for a truly casual player to reach max PR on a single class. Too much time would need to be dedicated.
    Stay Awesome,
    -DragonCoffee (IGN)
    Discord: DragonCoffee#9172
    Have a great suggestion for Trove? Check if it's been suggested before on my Main Suggestion List! The ultimate suggestion consolidation thread project!
    (A full list of every suggestion for Trove posted by anyone!)

P.S. Missing more then 4 days of login in any month will set you back a whole year unless you spend $ to catch back. (mastery wise)
    Nah, it will only set you back a few days. You can buy the tokens using credits over the next few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Newdestroy View Post
    Especially with the update it's not even possible for a truly casual player to reach max PR on a single class. Too much time would need to be dedicated.
    Used to take 75+ years to get the "perfect gems" (in theory)... I'm sure it's a lot better no matter what. >.<

But I will also agree that segmenting our power rank even further isn't a choice that I would have pushed for.

Quote Originally Posted by PPP View Post
    Nah, it will only set you back a few days. You can buy the tokens using credits over the next few months.
    Someone, somewhere must buy the credit with "real $" to make it available to others. I keep forgetting that you can buy almost everything by changing flux to credits but like I just said, this can't happen unless someone gives money to Trion.

Thank you for mentioning it btw!

Someone, somewhere must buy the credit with "real $" to make it available to others. I keep forgetting that you can buy almost everything by changing flux to credits but like I just said, this can't happen unless someone gives money to Trion.

Thank you for mentioning it btw!
    Didn't even think about that fact. Very well-observed of you.

So in short, missing 4 days will cause someone to pay money to Trion as there is no other way to get those days back except by waiting a full year. This goes without mentioning the (potential) timegates and RNG that will come with this update which will, again, cause someone to have to pay additional money to keep on top of progression, or to speed ahead of the competition, or to even just get over a string of bad luck.
    Stay Awesome,
    -DragonCoffee (IGN)
    Discord: DragonCoffee#9172
    Have a great suggestion for Trove? Check if it's been suggested before on my Main Suggestion List! The ultimate suggestion consolidation thread project!
    (A full list of every suggestion for Trove posted by anyone!)

In one sentence:
    Trove is a grindfest without a challenge.

I started playing Trove around 1.5 years ago shortly before power rank was introduced.

What fascinated me most was the fact that you could switch between classes and use while mid fighting - depending on the situation - another class that was more suitable for this specific situation.

This aspect was something that no other game I know of had in game; and the minecraft-sandbox aspect of trove made a nice addition to it: to allow you to alter the surroundings to your advantage, to place a pilliar to stand above enemies, to make a wall to take a breath, to create a hole, etc etc etc.

But this is past tense now.
    With the Mantle of Power update, it does require a long time to upgrade another class. If you have a meely 20k dracolite class and find yourself surrounded by long-ranged enemies, then you can not simply switch to your 6k Gunslinger to solve this situation. The gap is just to big there. In this situation, you better just use a few more flasks and fallow each ranged enemy with your meely draco class. The game just moved away from this unique class varity and mid-combat-changing idea to a yet-another-one-single-maining-class system. Not directly, but indirectly forced.

But even such an examplary disadvantage situation does not get created anymore to begin with:
    In fact, your draco will just enter a dungeon and 1hit everything without giving enemies even a chance to rise a threat of danger to you. And this counts for each class in endgame: you can just 1hit everything before a dungeon boss can even summon his usual 2 support minions. The challenge is lost here. If U10 appears, then it needs to have far more challenge without adding new tiers to Gems and Gears. A 3-star-boss just must be able to survive longer than a half second.

And talking about fighting: At the current point in game, there are only 5 enemies at all. Of course they look dofferently, but if you go down to what they actually do, then you have only 5 enemies with various reskins:
    1. The normal meely enemy that runs to you and smacks you. Like Skeletons, Recipy Shadows and basicly everything else. Also the wraithes that create spikes do work the same way. they only add spikes in that progress but use the same attack style.
    2. The ranged group that shoots one fast travelling shot at you. Like Bees or Faes.
    3. The ranged group with slow projectiles that travel fast enough to allow dodging: Catapults, Darkspores.
    4. Then there is a special meely version that can be found in these lashers that whirl around dealing damage in all directions at once. While doing so, they recive less damage.
    5. And finally the semi-ranged tribe guys from the jurassic biome that take such a long time to prepare a ranged attack, that the time when they actually hit will be very unpredictable.

Of course there are one-of-a-kind bosses like world dragons and shadow titans, too, but the monsters that you can encounter everywhere during 'adventuring' are using only these 5 attack patterns. And most of them are meely.

So we have a grindfest with little monster varity and no difficulty in endgame with an indirectly forced select-one-single-class playstyle. The varity was the sandbox theme, but it gets completelly lost during fighting since there is no need doing so to begin with. You even can ignore all the work that people did invest in creating a dungeon and just bomb your way to the boss. No offense against bombing inside a dungeon, but there should only be those blocks bombable that you can remove with lasermancy, too. But only after these other issues are reworked.

In the end, Trove became pretty average compared to other games.... the sandbox aspect doesn't matter during adventures, and the core gameplay is grinding while collecting things that will only with RNGesus on your side lead to improvement. Even without the RNG, the grind just feels like any other game.

The unique things left in Trove are the sandboxing ability inside clubworlds and your cornerstone(s) - exspecially with music blocks - and the chance to make a new main class without crating a new account.

+ Reply to Thread