+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [Costume] Squash Shepherd

[Costume] Squash Shepherd

Hey there.

Due to various reasons, I had a little break from modding but in the mean time, I kept planning things. I got a few ideas on queue and this was the first to be made. A Tomb Raiser costume. Despite the number of models to edit, it went quite alright thanks to preliminary planning/sketching to "see" the project and the lovely people at a specific Discord server (You're the best!).
    Without further ado, I present you...

the Squash Shepherd!

"Turns your Tomb Raiser into a sentient scarecrow who commands a platoon of pumpkins!"

There was some sort of "Pumpkin Platoon" mentioned, here they are:

This mod replaces the Lvl 20 Tomb Raiser costume, the Pumpkin Head helmet and Banged-Up Blingstick staff styles, along with the Bonetourage, Beckon Banshee and Grave Goliath models. Also, it uses the Funereal Pharaoh's VFX, props to the Trove Team for them.
    If you're interested, you can download it from Trovesaurus. As always, feedback is appreciated.

Enjoy! =)

In-Game Name: MagicMate | Mastery Rank: 300+ | Main Classes: Shadow Hunter (16836 Power Rank), Pirate Captain (13511 Power Rank)
    Mods:

Is it strange that I'm slightly reminded of fiddlesticks when looking at this?

Nice work on the costume! Very... Pumpkinny? Great job!
    Stay Awesome,
    -DragonCoffee (IGN)
    Discord: DragonCoffee#9172
    Have a great suggestion for Trove? Check if it's been suggested before on my Main Suggestion List! The ultimate suggestion consolidation thread project!
    (A full list of every suggestion for Trove posted by anyone!)

To vary the minions a bit you could make the spectre a giant crow and the mini minions little squashes rather than pumpkins

This mod has great potential and the weapon looks amazing even though you said that you are bad at weapons XD

Looks great Magic! The actual costume looks so scary and awesome! I love the shading on the robe, and that helm is amazing. However, I'm confused at what the tan part on the waist is, and the staff looks a little small. As for the abilities, they all look fantastic! The little guys are adorable, and I like that you thinned them up a bit. The specter looks just as great, except for the head. I feel like there's some other face you could try with it, as this expression just looks like 3 squares on its face. But man, that ultimate though! The head is so menacing, and my favorite part of it has to be the limbs. I love the way you implemented pumpkins into the joints and the way you made the vines wrap around them. All in all, this is such a great concept, and beautifully executed! Fantastic job!

Love the new profile pic btw

Quote Originally Posted by Newdestroy View Post
    Is it strange that I'm slightly reminded of fiddlesticks when looking at this?

Nice work on the costume! Very... Pumpkinny? Great job!
    Thanks! I think it's fine, although Fiddlesticks wasn't among the references I was looking at.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexcool13 View Post
    To vary the minions a bit you could make the spectre a giant crow and the mini minions little squashes rather than pumpkins

This mod has great potential and the weapon looks amazing even though you said that you are bad at weapons XD
    Thank you! I wanted to keep all the spawns revolve around the "pumpkin theme" but I agree the banshee could get use of a little rework.

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoShyft View Post
    Looks great Magic! The actual costume looks so scary and awesome! I love the shading on the robe, and that helm is amazing. However, I'm confused at what the tan part on the waist is, and the staff looks a little small. As for the abilities, they all look fantastic! The little guys are adorable, and I like that you thinned them up a bit. The specter looks just as great, except for the head. I feel like there's some other face you could try with it, as this expression just looks like 3 squares on its face. But man, that ultimate though! The head is so menacing, and my favorite part of it has to be the limbs. I love the way you implemented pumpkins into the joints and the way you made the vines wrap around them. All in all, this is such a great concept, and beautifully executed! Fantastic job!

Love the new profile pic btw
    Wow, thank you for the detailed feedback! I'm glad you like the costume, I was a little bit afraid that a single color (even with some shading) would be boring but then again, grim/dark styled scarecrows don't wear bright and vibrant colored clothes. The tan part meant to represent a piece of rope that holds the coat to the wooden frame the scarecrow has; apparently it didn't translate that well, I'll try to look for different colors (I used the same colors on the hat's ribbon to "ease up" the dark colors a little bit). As for the staff, I stood strictly within the "staff guideline" dimensions but I'll see what I can do.
    You're right about the banshee, originally I wanted to give the spawns different facial expressions to make them a little bit unique but right now this floating fella's head rather looks like a bowling ball, that's for sure. I've been thinking about dressing it up in a similar manner to the actual costume to give it more of a ghost-like/shady look.
    Last but not least, alpha maps are a great thing!

Again, thanks people! Keep the feedback coming!
    In-Game Name: MagicMate | Mastery Rank: 300+ | Main Classes: Shadow Hunter (16836 Power Rank), Pirate Captain (13511 Power Rank)
    Mods:

I love the colour scheme *-*
    IGN: Dragoes | Reddit: Dragoes | Twitch: SnowSnailOnaBoat
    Referral Code:
    KWDWKNCQ9WZDJNP2TTR3

Top notch TR costume for sure. Really love all the Jack-o-Lantern faces
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for flux, I can tell you I don't do hand outs. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that can solo Ultra Daughter of the Moon and make me a nightmare for someone like you.

Post Update

Quote Originally Posted by SnowSnailOnaBoat View Post
    I love the colour scheme *-*
    I'm glad you like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Equinoxide View Post
    Top notch TR costume for sure. Really love all the Jack-o-Lantern faces
    Thank you, I'm glad you like it.
    -------------------------------------------
    Also, although it might not be the best time to update this mod due to the current issues but I did it anyway!

Changes:
    • Made the scythe/staff slightly bigger.
    • Minor color adjustments on the costume.
    • Revamped Beckon Banshee.

The new version can now be downloaded from Trovesaurus. (I've tested the .tmod and it works fine for me.)
    I hope you'll like the changes!
    Mods:

Now that is one cool looking costume.
    Make more of these.
    I don't care what class, these are pleasing to look at.
    What™

Wow! Such a great Job. The concept reads well throughout the entire costume and the design is spot on. +1 !!

+ Reply to Thread