+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Revenant Costume] Celestial/Demonic Harbinger of Divinity/Chaos

Quote Originally Posted by SkyTheVirus View Post
    To an artist standpoint... all the costumes look super busy and hard to distinguish... I suppose maybe simplifying it a little cause I see all these vibrant/dull colors clashing in an abomination of colors and the voxels being all over the place. Don't get me wrong, the color choice is good, but the model seems overcomplicated.
    I do have to agree, it looks very clunky and busy and in my opinion hard to distinguish or even try to tell what I am looking at. The Wraith ally can definitely be simplified since (based on these screenshots) it looks to be a clusterflux.
    My Refer-A-Friend Code: 23N6-7PZL-K992-LPH7-HHX9

I see all these vibrant/dull colors clashing in an abomination of colors and the voxels being all over the place.
    While I can understand giving constructive criticism, is it necessary to call this costume an abomination? I, for one, believe that this costume is extremely creative and very detailed. The spear is especially incredible!

I am not saying that your criticism has no grounds whatsoever but there's really no need to immediately undermine this costume that the OP has clearly put a lot of time and effort into.
    Stay Awesome,
    -DragonCoffee (IGN)
    Discord: DragonCoffee#9172
    Have a great suggestion for Trove? Check if it's been suggested before on my Main Suggestion List! The ultimate suggestion consolidation thread project!
    (A full list of every suggestion for Trove posted by anyone!)

I'm going to have to agree with vitus here, when i first looked at these costumes, I was confused what I was looking at. There's just too much going on for it to look pleasing to someone such as myself, and when it initially got linked to me, I referred to it as a "colorful explosion".

If there's one thing I can suggest to do to the costume, is to tone done on the amount going on, and simplify it more. for example, on the chaos costume, I feel the reds should be used as accent colors, not as primary colors. While on the other costume, the yellows and blacks need to be used as accenting rather than the cross patterns you currently have.

Another thing you can alternatively do is add shading, looking at the images above, I can see there is little to no shading on the actual models.(shading helps distinguish vital parts of the model from other parts and makes it easier to look at overall).

don't get me wrong, and get angry; the work has the potential to be great, but only if you apply more time to thinking about the overall look. Remember this: Busy(or complex as you stated it) =/= Beautiful in the modding world, infact alot of the time it's the opposite.

However, I feel I've made my point, Good luck applying my criticism to your design, and have fun!
    This is my friend refer code!: WDTR-2FTR-NDYC-PGML-K329
    "Experience is what you get when you dont get what you want" (Quote by Randy Pausch)
    Professional meme(r). Creator of the turbo duck!
    One of avarem's final fishes

Quote Originally Posted by BisquiteCat View Post
    I'm going to have to agree with vitus here, when i first looked at these costumes, I was confused what I was looking at. There's just too much going on for it to look pleasing to someone such as myself, and when it initially got linked to me, I referred to it as a "colorful explosion".

If there's one thing I can suggest to do to the costume, is to tone done on the amount going on, and simplify it more. for example, on the chaos costume, I feel the reds should be used as accent colors, not as primary colors. While on the other costume, the yellows and blacks need to be used as accenting rather than the cross patterns you currently have.

Another thing you can alternatively do is add shading, looking at the images above, I can see there is little to no shading on the actual models.(shading helps distinguish vital parts of the model from other parts and makes it easier to look at overall).

don't get me wrong, and get angry; the work has the potential to be great, but only if you apply more time to thinking about the overall look. Remember this: Busy(or complex as you stated it) =/= Beautiful in the modding world, infact alot of the time it's the opposite.

However, I feel I've made my point, Good luck applying my criticism to your design, and have fun!
    Thx for all your feedback, I understand that everyone here is telling me simplify it and its too clustered, I'll try on reworking again.
    IGN: 00_Stratos

I'm sorry if I said anything that might offend by saying abomination but I'm saying at as a figurative speech... I might have over exaggerated. Maybe I should of say a chaotic accumulation of colors.

Quote Originally Posted by STR4T0S View Post
    Thx for all your feedback, I understand that everyone here is telling me simplify it and its too clustered, I'll try on reworking again.
    Looking forward to any future developments! Love the concept and can't wait to see what you come up with!
    Stay Awesome,
    -DragonCoffee (IGN)
    Discord: DragonCoffee#9172
    Have a great suggestion for Trove? Check if it's been suggested before on my Main Suggestion List! The ultimate suggestion consolidation thread project!
    (A full list of every suggestion for Trove posted by anyone!)

I'm sorry if I said anything that might offend by saying abomination but I'm saying at as a figurative speech... I might have over exaggerated. Maybe I should of say a chaotic accumulation of colors.
    It's fine, I'll accept any criticism, also that is the best way to describe my mods so far and also learning my mistakes as well.

This is indeed my first time adding shading to my mod.

Before

After

Ive liked these ever since u released them back in the day. Simplify or not, still good work.
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for flux, I can tell you I don't do hand outs. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that can solo Ultra Daughter of the Moon and make me a nightmare for someone like you.

dude that ult vfx is *-* +1000000000000000000000000000000
    IGN: Dragoes | Reddit: Dragoes | Twitch: SnowSnailOnaBoat
    Referral Code:
    KWDWKNCQ9WZDJNP2TTR3

+ Reply to Thread