+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Portal to Darkness Daily Login Rewards

I like this event so far because it offers a new craftable item (mysterious portals) along with an entire new world. Well kinda new, since it is basicly still a small Everdark. But I do still like to have an Everdark with something to do inside and I really hope to see some dungeons, too here.

Or maybe just a pseudo Dungeon like a giant temple with draps and monsters, but no actual boss in the end; you know, just some sctructure there for peoples to explore instead of having everyone running in a circle while killing monsters over monsters on top of more monsters.

I also would like to bring up two BUGS:
    These Turrets... While I really appreciate these long ranged snipers on the distant parts of the Atoll, there are these points that are not thought through:
    1. These things die by a fix amount of hits, just like healing totems, boxes or anti-jump totems. But attacking these Turrets shows a large fix number instead of the typical '1' damage point per attack. This does implify that you actually defeat it by damage, not by hits, which is messing with the existing things in Trove. Using a martial or Arcane emblem has no influence of the damage you are dealing to the turrets nor makes Ego Blast any difference.
    2. Secondy, these Turrets only appear in the Distant parts of the Atoll and can also drop items and exspecially hurt really bad. However, killing these things does not count towards Quest 6/8 which wants you to 'Defeat Distant Foes'. This will lead Trovians into wiping out the tentacle eyes and long legged enemies while not touching the turrets. Our sunny invasion will get shot manacly by all the turrets that got ignored :'(

Edit:
    I did just re-read the comments on page 4. I was briefly inside the Atoll on wednesday and i dropped 3 of these event items shortly in row. All of them from these long legged thingies. I can not verify if they are the only sources of these items, but I can verify that they definitelly drop these chaos styles. Unfortunally, I didn't get the chaotic staff yet (grrr) but all other variants. Also pay attention to its dropping, since these items drop as Common and as such they have no coulorful aura and are not instant eye catcher. And of course they need to be picked up manually. No auto-looting involved.

Quote Originally Posted by HolyAlexanderNULL View Post
    I did just re-read the comments on page 4. I was briefly inside the Atoll on wednesday and i dropped 3 of these event items shortly in row. All of them from these long legged thingies. I can not verify if they are the only sources of these items, but I can verify that they definitelly drop these chaos styles. Unfortunally, I didn't get the chaotic staff yet (grrr) but all other variants. Also pay attention to its dropping, since these items drop as Common and as such they have no coulorful aura and are not instant eye catcher. And of course they need to be picked up manually. No auto-looting involved.
    Is there a sound cue for the items dropping? =|

edit:
    Just in case they drop in silence, I ran around and killed 125 of the little shadow enemies and 125 of the outer edge enemies, focusing on the stilt-walkers (who are AWESOME, actually). I killed every one at melee range and pressed my loot button manually after each one. I got a couple dozen regular items, but not one style item over 250 kills, ugh...

Quote Originally Posted by Chaostrophy View Post
    Is there a sound cue for the items dropping? =|
    There is a sound but one that you do not really notice.

It is a 'blubb' sound that you will also hear when you laser away a rarebird or something. Just a normal drop sound for a common item of any sort in trove. No large red blinking arrows with trompet fanfares involved here.

Edit:
    I just dropped the remaining 2 styles. Both dropped in u7 Atoll in the distant areas with (me included) 2-1 players left.
    One style dropped from a Turret, the other I forgot :P

If it matters: I made each Bomb Flower I saw explode while farming (as usual :3 I love bomb flowers <3)

I wonder if the uber matters?

Edit-Edit:
    Turrets need always 4 shots to kill them. Any uber.

Wink

looks like trove was out of time to figure out good reward and good quest for the event lol :d

re: the event Styles

1. too hard to see if you even notice them drop
    2. sound clip associated with the event styles (common drop item) is way too low if you're in the middle of a bunch of mobs hammering you plus the turrets plus exploding mushrooms

the even t Styles should have been "auto-collect" and the drop rate is waaaay too low for a "style",
    because that's all they are and they're not really that much more appealing to make one want to change from what they currently use for styles.

considerably <1% drop rate... shame on you Trion

First off, there is more to trove than killing enemies. Seriously. One quest killing enemies I get, but not all of them. It gets really boring really fast.
    Second, nothing is event exclusive except for the hat style. There wasn't any motivation for me to finish after that.
    Link--> My YouTube Channel <--Link
    Y'all who are below Mastery 20, get a FREE class coin by entering G3FLQ6YG2NKTTFWJTGXY at trionworlds.com/trove/store/redeem/

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein

Remember that the most beautiful things in life are often the most useless.
    -John Ruskin

+ Reply to Thread