+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Trove's monday server issues.

Getting Titan Souls will require eclipse keys after the august 22nd patch, so the alt problems will get severely reduced as only a few die-hards will farm keys every week on alts, and even when they do, titan treasures won't be worth as much due to flux nerfs. Won't need to ban anyone for alts if the incentive to use them is all but gone.

Quote Originally Posted by xDivisionz View Post
    The people who mass farm shadow towers after weekly reset make the servers
    utterly unbearable.
    xDivisionz

Can one of the Devs confirm if this is true? Wanted to know if this was a rumor or something legit you guys are looking into?

I don't think it has anything to do with users and how many bazzzilion account you have running on your PC. It's Monday morning and the servers are dealing with trying to figure out the contest rewards for everyone with double the contests this last week. Or don't you guys remember having to wait for the servers to process the contests before getting your rewards right after reset. I do remember when they first came out with the weekly contest and leaderboards, and it would sometimes take hours to process the rewards, or they would disable the leaderboards until after it was all done.

Sorry to interrupt your rant about multi-boxing and alt accounts with a technical reason for why the servers might be slow.

Alt farmers still over saturate the market with sunlight bulbs and ore. Them getting locked out of ST is a start, but more needs to be done.

I'll point out that Monday's issue is with world creation due to the mass amounts of players generating a whole new world for every single ST dungeon. Which is why there are long delays when switching worlds. In this scenario, a multi account user is the same as any other group running STs. They're putting up to eight accounts in one world, not creating eight worlds at once. Therefore, they are not part of this problem.

The world opening process just can't handle so may requests. You'll also notice it lagging at the start of every Challenge (not as bad or as long, but still). It's the same issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennry View Post
    I'll point out that Monday's issue is with world creation due to the mass amounts of players generating a whole new world for every single ST dungeon. Which is why there are long delays when switching worlds. In this scenario, a multi account user is the same as any other group running STs. They're putting up to eight accounts in one world, not creating eight worlds at once. Therefore, they are not part of this problem.

The world opening process just can't handle so may requests. You'll also notice it lagging at the start of every Challenge (not as bad or as long, but still). It's the same issue.
    This is exactly the problem, it can actually be proven too.
    When in ST wait a while before entering the portal, you will see you enter the new world at the same time as the players who entered immediately.
    It has nothing to do with ALT's is has everything to do with lots of players who want to do ST's and therefor create lots of new worlds.

Disclaimer: I do not like nor do ALT's, really dislike all the "untradeable" because I cannot really help out friends as much as I would like so hope they finally figure something out to avoid this becoming a real solo-player game.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennry View Post

If that was a case, then maybe a sort of "world pool" would be a solution? Worlds would be created before players demand them, so whenever someone needs a new world, instead of creating new one, they would get it from the pool. The pool would adapt dynamically to number of players, so there are always some empty worlds ready if players need them.

The trade off is of course that this system would require more memory usage on the servers, and seeing how it was recently optimized (worlds closing after X hours), this can be a problem. So either memory usage should be further improved to make space for the pool or improve the world creation so it's faster.

The simplest solution to ST problem is to load first dungeon and then load all others up to boss in the background. This way you wait only for first dungeon each floor.

@KoWeBi
    Unfortunally this idea with a pool only works if there are less worlds requested than the servers can produce - which is not the case with current Trove server power, during monday peek time.

Unless you go so far to have thousands of worlds prepared before monday reset. But this would require such a lot of hardware to store everything in advance...

Quote Originally Posted by Thorvik View Post
    I don't think it has anything to do with users and how many bazzzilion account you have running on your PC. It's Monday morning and the servers are dealing with trying to figure out the contest rewards for everyone with double the contests this last week. Or don't you guys remember having to wait for the servers to process the contests before getting your rewards right after reset. I do remember when they first came out with the weekly contest and leaderboards, and it would sometimes take hours to process the rewards, or they would disable the leaderboards until after it was all done.

Sorry to interrupt your rant about multi-boxing and alt accounts with a technical reason for why the servers might be slow.
    It has nothing to do with one person running '' a bazzilion '' accounts on the same PC.
    It has to do with hundreds of people having hundreds of alternate accounts requesting hundreds of shadow towers
    to be generated, especially on a monday. This takes a lot of server power and as we all can agree; the trove servers
    are definitely capped out, especially on a monday because of this.

Alt farmers still over saturate the market with sunlight bulbs and ore.
    Doesn't this drive down prices for these kind of items? Why is this a problem?

When in ST wait a while before entering the portal, you will see you enter the new world at the same time as the players who entered immediately.
    Yes i've noticed this myself. If you go into a tower by yourself, wait however long it takes to load in, then invite someone to join you once you are in there, they join in the normal amount of time instead of the 2 minutes it took you. It feels like the world generation gets put in an invisible queue, when your group gets to the front of the queue, world gens and you all join at the same time.

But that is still caused by people hammering the lacklustre servers to do ST towers after reset. The week before this one, for about an hour after the tower reset, servers were so loaded the queue kicked in, and i have to say while the queues were in place world loading times almost returned to normal.

+ Reply to Thread