+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Trove's monday server issues.

Lightbulb Trove's monday server issues.

Hey,

Here we go again. Its monday, people are mass alt farming once more.
    I can't even get into my own club world without restarting the game 2 times
    or waiting 5 minutes which is the longer route.

Isn't it possible to limit multilogging to 2 or 3 accounts per IP or per PC for that
    matter or to just disable multilogging on monday completely?

The people who mass farm shadow towers after weekly reset make the servers
    utterly unbearable.

Anyway, this is but a suggestion.

Regards,

xDivisionz

Punishing those that use alts means also punishing those that legitimately share same network when connecting to the internet, such as "Internet Cafe", and local "Home" network with a single IP to the outside world.

You just can't do that, while I agree, you'd be prohibiting any sort of alt farming, you're also potentially preventing some of the players from joining under certain conditions.

Furthermore, any attempt at changing how "Alts" receive rewards will directly affect how everyone else does.

There is no real solution to this, other than having a piece of code confirm that whoever is on the account while logged in is a real person and not a bot/empty client.

Anti-leech would also not work as the devs think it will, those that exploit the system will always find a way, just like evolution, where certain traits that give a species an advantage over another get carried onto the next generation, there will always be those that find even the smallest loophole to exploit the system.

The problem isn't the alts or how the reward system works, the real problem is those that exploit the system to their advantage.

Sadly there is no solution for that, other than preventing them from playing, or screwing literally everyone just to punish a minority..

Just wait till the 22nd when we get a flood of new and returning players. The servers will be destroyed.

Would love to see these alt abusers go away. One player one account. The servers need all the help they can get.

I thought something more along the lines of one trove instance per PC, obviously they could use VPC's still
    but something really needs to be done with the thousands of accounts that jump on trove on a monday and
    slow down the servers almost to a stand still.
    I know as of now there seems to be no solution (either than mass upgrading servers which is extremely costly)
    but if we don't keep thinking, well, never shooting is always a miss.

I don't neccesarily mind anti-leech if they reduced the fragment costs of said keys because it takes me an hour to
    farm 3 keys in u7 as i cannot efficiently farm in u8 as of now.

I agree with you though that it is not easy, not even damage based reward would work because i read in other threads
    this would not work for carriers that can one-shoot anything up to hard dotm.

Locking souls behind keys may very well be a step a good direction because alt farmers actually have to put in more work
    for their reward.

Yet again only thing i can come back to is a single instance running per computer, this will atleast decrease the strain
    on the servers plus not everyone can run 6 VPC's without a drastic decrease in computing power to efficiently farm anymore.
    Unless, ofcourse, they have a literal server in which they run it from.

Though regardless, it will be a while before any ideas against this type of alt-generated lag will become viable.
    In the long run we can only hope for solutions rather than having to deal with this constantly.

Thank you for your reply though

Quote Originally Posted by Vissen View Post
    Just wait till the 22nd when we get a flood of new and returning players. The servers will be destroyed.

Would love to see these alt abusers go away. One player one account. The servers need all the help they can get.
    Hm yeah, the servers would need a serious upgrade for any such big updates, especially if there would me a mass inflow of new players
    coming back to trove, whether they're new players or returning.

imo multiboxing should be bannable, there is absolutely nothing about multiboxing that helps the game or community.

IMO they really should have dropped the ban hammer early on for those that multibox. It just seems like they took an easy way out and just made a lot of items untradable to combat multiboxers.

There are plenty of other games that dont allow this, and even some that wont let you run multiple instances of the game.
    IGN: VoltRabbit Officer of: Garden of Wool

Quote Originally Posted by VoltStar View Post
    IMO they really should have dropped the ban hammer early on for those that multibox. It just seems like they took an easy way out and just made a lot of items untradable to combat multiboxers.

There are plenty of other games that dont allow this, and even some that wont let you run multiple instances of the game.
    Really? Coz while I've seen other MMOs allow only 1 client on the PC to run, I've only seen rules that forbid replicating keystrokes across other clients like trove. This tends to be because there are multiple legitimate reasons to have multiple clients over the same ip, and multiple ways to bypass it if they really want to multibox.

As for multiboxers causing the issues. Firstly the fault clearly lies on the servers not being able to handle the traffic, and secondly I'd assume that the multiboxers tend to wait until the servers are better performing. As someone who recently did it, I can say that it's not particularly fun to do while the servers are "fine" let alone when there's long waits. I think they've got the right idea with the key requirement coming up. People definitely won't want to farm multiple keys for less reward. Their anti leeching features coming up may help things further too. I always found it pretty ******** that you can have 8 clients up and get 8 times the loot, ore or materials.
    My referral code: WYYPNJ2KQF2QTJHF737Q but feel free to use someone else's if you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Muffie View Post
    imo multiboxing should be bannable, there is absolutely nothing about multiboxing that helps the game or community.
    Whilst being quite harsh, i agree.

The problem with multiboxing is that it's hard to detect reliably. If 2+ players play from the same IP (e.g. same house), when multiboxing is disallowed, they are required to report that they play from independent accounts and this also usually forbids any interaction between them. And as not many people read ToS, unless a notice in game appears, they can be banned while being innocent if they don't know that they have to report two accounts.
    tl;dr Restricting multiboxing isn't as easy as it seems.

Simply blocking client from logging into two or more accounts is easy to bypass, but at least might make using alts less considerable for some people. However, there's no solution to the issue that will please everyone (so being effective and not complicated).

+ Reply to Thread