+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mod Library?

Lightbulb Mod Library?

Hello all!

I am DragonCoffee and author of the main suggestion library thread (link in signature) that has been recently created (and well-received).

I absolutely love the great feedback I have been getting on the suggestion thread and am wondering if anyone would be interested in seeing a similar thread created as a un/official mod library for easy access by those that would like to search for specific types/styles of mods.

The thread's main purpose would be so that anyone looking for a particular group of mods that follow a similar style could browse the thread and locate them at ease.

If enough people seem interested I will take the time to make sure that this idea becomes a reality!

EDIT: Changed the wording a bit to make the overall intention more clear.
    Stay Awesome,
    -DragonCoffee (IGN)
    Discord: DragonCoffee#9172
    Have a great suggestion for Trove? Check if it's been suggested before on my Main Suggestion List! The ultimate suggestion consolidation thread project!
    (A full list of every suggestion for Trove posted by anyone!)

Hi dude,
    Not sure if youre aware, our clubs website has most of the mods listed on our own database and is quite well known for that retrospect.
    If you want to browse, its www.trovesaurus.com

Quote Originally Posted by Shirokiri View Post
    Hi dude,
    Not sure if youre aware, our clubs website has most of the mods listed on our own database and is quite well known for that retrospect.
    If you want to browse, its www.trovesaurus.com
    Thanks for bringing this up!

I am quite aware of this website, and I'm not looking to step on anyone's toes, but I thought it might be useful to have a nice library on the forums. It wouldn't just be a list organised by type, but also by style kind. For example (just off the top of my head): Shadow-based styles, seasonal styles, elemental styles, etc.

I figured that this way, if someone is looking for a particular style grouping of mods, they could browse the list and have quick+easy access to a nice assortment of player-created mods that follow the style they want.

Hope this clears some things up!
    Stay Awesome,
    -DragonCoffee (IGN)
    Have a great suggestion for Trove? Check if it's been suggested before on my Main Suggestion List! The ultimate suggestion consolidation thread project!

Although the idea is nice, I think that the Trovesaurus website is a lot better as a mod library. There are more than 2000 mods in there, sorted in a nice and simple list, and here it would be a little bit unreadable, so many mods in one topic would be just too much, and new ones are constantly appearing :/

Besides, sorting them in styles would require maybe even hundreds of hours of work, even for the costumes - 1000+ is a huge number (and I don't even mention if the mod falls into a few categories, like Elemental, Shadow and something else).

Quote Originally Posted by Hikari36 View Post
    Although the idea is nice, I think that the Trovesaurus website is a lot better as a mod library. There are more than 2000 mods in there, sorted in a nice and simple list, and here it would be a little bit unreadable, so many mods in one topic would be just too much, and new ones are constantly appearing :/

Besides, sorting them in styles would require maybe even hundreds of hours of work, even for the costumes - 1000+ is a huge number (and I don't even mention if the mod falls into a few categories, like Elemental, Shadow and something else).
    I appreciate the concern but I assure you, I am more than up to the task ;D

Feel free to take a look at my existing suggestion thread! I can assure you that the mod list would be a lot more organised and compact as well as being sorted by style/theme.

I'm more just looking for if others would be interested in seeing something along those lines and if it would be helpful or not. If the general consensus is that others would not find the list helpful in any way than I will avoid taking the time to make the library.
    Stay Awesome,
    -DragonCoffee (IGN)

I am on the same page as everyone else on this topic i think trovesaurus is an amazing resource and the community should continue to update everything there. No need for it here on forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerp View Post
    I am on the same page as everyone else on this topic i think trovesaurus is an amazing resource and the community should continue to update everything there. No need for it here on forums.
    Awesome, thanks for your feedback. Just wanting to assist where I can =)
    Stay Awesome,
    -DragonCoffee (IGN)

+ Reply to Thread