+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stop it!

Exclamation Stop it!

Ok so Im a long time player. I have been playing for over 2years now. Have almost 1000hours on record on steam and i have some complaints about this game. Almost all the updates focuses on adding more dragons. And its starting to annoy me tbh. What about the diversity? When the game was out there were people that did all sorts of things. Fishing, runecrafting, gardening, ringcrafting. Why cant these things get an update or two? For example plasma fish have been mentioned over a year ago and we still dont have plasma fishing ingame. I know that most people say that it doesnt give any profit for devs. Not like dragons. But you can make everything "pay2progressFaster". Just add boosters.
    Talking about more ideas. Why cant we get more profession based stuff? If not more professions then just increase the max skill level there (currently 250)? If there are new tomes they are always from shadow towers or bought for credits.
    Well thank u for reading this post, This is just my opinion, but i think people will somewhat agree.

P.S I indeed like fishing.

Under your bed! In your closet! behind the shower curtain!
    Quote Originally Posted by DarTas View Post
    I indeed like fishing.
    eww fishing d; bleh

also yeah i totally agree with you, i don't think being able to upgrade gems more or get more dragons counts as new content so i agree with you
    IGN: Ships
    Troller and Provoker.

Quote Originally Posted by DarTas View Post
    For example plasma fish have been mentioned over a year ago and we still dont have plasma fishing ingame.
    Actually, it was mentioned much earlier, probably even before the game left beta. Wiki page for plasma fishing rod is 2 years old, so it's been in game files at least that long.

But what happened to styles? I made a spear which was accepted 22 months ago and it's still not in game, nor I got any reply about it. (it's here if anyone is interested)
    I remember that new styles used to be added in large batches quite often, but it's been stale for over a year.

You definitely have a point in dragons being done to death. I'm not overly sure about new professions though. Not that I'm against them, but it sounds like it's probably just something people generally are done with in one day. I mean most people don't touch any of the other professions nowadays.

and then there is ring crafting too

also i wish they turned forging into a profession too
    Quote Originally Posted by Twixler View Post
    T.T cries quietly

The developers have confirmed that plasma fishing will finally be added later this year, for real this time.

Dragons are presumably being added because:

1) They're easy to make; most models are handled by the community, all that's left is VFX, the egg, and programming the egg into something's drops
    2) They provide something to grind for
    3) They take a while to get, which keeps players somewhat interested over long periods without patches while the developers are working on a large update

Anyways, the next patch may have 8 dragons, but it also has 2 new shadow tower bosses, the long-requested feature to finally max out gems, a large amount of additional rewards, new enemies to make the shadow tower less monotonous, rat mounts, new styles, sub-classes, and a few slivers of lore on top of that... personally I do consider at least some of that new content.
    ~~ IGN: Spirare ~~
    It's supposed to be pronounced rahr, not rayr
    ~~ Main class: Vanguardian | Power Rank: 24,845 | Total Mastery: 619 ~~
    ~~ Clubs: | ~~
    ~~ Dragons: 15/17 | 30/31 | 3/3 ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Spirare View Post
    The developers have confirmed that plasma fishing will finally be added later this year, for real this time.

Dragons are presumably being added because:

1) They're easy to make; most models are handled by the community, all that's left is VFX, the egg, and programming the egg into something's drops
    2) They provide something to grind for
    3) They take a while to get, which keeps players somewhat interested over long periods without patches while the developers are working on a large update

Anyways, the next patch may have 8 dragons, but it also has 2 new shadow tower bosses, the long-requested feature to finally max out gems, a large amount of additional rewards, new enemies to make the shadow tower less monotonous, rat mounts, new styles, sub-classes, and a few slivers of lore on top of that... personally I do consider at least some of that new content.
    Personally I'm actually disappointed too. It's been over a year, and while there is a lot of new shadow tower rewards, for the most part it seems like the content we're getting isn't that great compared to how long we've waited. Especially when you consider that they've been working on the shadow tower bosses way before, gems could've been improved long ago and will suck unless it is adjusted more (which probably does actually have a fair chance of happening), and we're not getting other stuff that has been worked on for so long. Also the rat mounts don't leave me with much hope considering the drop rate of other talismans. I'm also wondering how the shadow tower room will work on live with many people. It has potential of not working so great. I assume when they were talking about adding a party system for shadow towers people expected something different.

The way things have been added to the game also means that I actually don't care about 99% of new stuff. The most exciting stuff for me seems to be the mastery, and now that getting more no longer benefits me, I'm partially past caring about that too. Subclasses are also something that I'm pretty indifferent about since I was expecting a bigger impact. That's just all my opinion though.

Quote Originally Posted by fruitie View Post
    Personally I'm actually disappointed too. It's been over a year, and while there is a lot of new shadow tower rewards, for the most part it seems like the content we're getting isn't that great compared to how long we've waited. Especially when you consider that they've been working on the shadow tower bosses, gems could've been improved long ago and will suck unless it is adjusted more (which probably does actually have a fair chance of happening), and we're not getting other stuff that has been worked on for so long. Also the rat mounts don't leave me with much hope considering the drop rate of other talismans. I'm also wondering how the shadow tower room will work on live with many people. It has potential of not working so great. I assume when they were talking about adding a party system for shadow towers people expected something different.

The way things have been added to the game also means that I actually don't care about 99% of new stuff. The most exciting stuff for me seems to be the mastery, and now that getting more no longer benefits me, I'm partially past caring about that too. Subclasses are also something that I'm pretty indifferent about since I was expecting a bigger impact. That's just all my opinion though.
    I feel pretty much the same way.

im disappointed too. over 1 year since the last major update and we get 2 new bosses, existing reroll and forge mechanic put on gems, lots of collectibles mostly created by the community, and subclasses that have almost no impact on the game and are very uninteresting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twixler View Post
    T.T cries quietly

+ Reply to Thread