+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Event quest problems [The Gathering Monotony]

Angry Event quest problems [The Gathering Monotony]

The gathering light quest chain is quite ok before you hit 5\6 stage (kill 100 shadows\kill 200 armored shadows) and here's why it is poorly designed and need to be rethinked:
    1. Not all icy biomes spawn quest shadows, in the worst i had to go through ten-twenty biomes before finding one with that shadow-monsters requeired for quest. This is part of a quest design or just an accident?
    2. To do the "Defeat 200 armored shadows" quest you need to find specific area called "Magical Atoll" in drowned world, did you know that "Magical Atoll" is not highlighted on the map in any way? Yeah, you have to run through map and just wait when you stumble upon it...
      And to make things even more "fun" in this "Magical Atoll" only half monsters are quest-viable, the other half has no armor so it's not counted (but u can't see armor from a far and it's easier to kill all of them).

Dear Trion if you're reading this, FYI killing 400 monsters that are randomly distributed in some small specific areas ("Magical Atoll") is the opposite of fun.

Dear ult1m.

Did you know that in the drowned world the fae biome is called Magical Atoll? That means that you don't have to wander off aimlessly in the worlds anymore.

Sincerely, Nokiaster

Well, thanks. If it wasn't clear to me with around 3 years in this game i dought it is as clear to everybody as to you.
    Apparently trove has it's own biome names even for hub and tutorial zones. Still don't understand why did they diversify biomes in prime worlds apart from elemental, while they have the same map icon.

Thank you Nok I had no idea and have spent 3 days looking for these shadows in regular world's not drowned worlds! You r a life saver! ��

A tip you can also do is press "ESC" on your keyboard to see where you are but I understand that would be annoying having to go to every single biomes in prime and elemental to see their names.

Even if you have played the game enough, most of us will usually use the term from the prime worlds. Who even calls the Fae Biome in Drowned Worlds the Magical Atoll?

Most people have agreed, the event quests are not that exciting and can be a pain... but it's like every other MMO where most quests involve "Defeat 100" blah blah...
    IGN Grayscaie / Mastery 430+

+ Reply to Thread