Closed Thread

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Update Failed (Lag)

Update Failed (Lag)

So new code, some changes to help with lag...

Right...

No difference whatsoever the lag prevails, exactly the same i.e. Game Crippling..
    Nothing new, no slightly better, same old same ..

Really? I felt that the lag was impacted greatly with the update - as far as trove lag is concerned. Yeah I mean of course there is still lag, but the skull dungeons seem to spawn their creep waves much quicker, and I haven't had to wait more than 3-5 seconds per wave since the update where I used to have zones where I'd be waiting up to 15 seconds for a wave. Flying and jump lag has been incredibly reduced to where I used to lag out of a jump a couple dozen times per zone, where now I lag out of a jump maybe 7 or 8 times a zone.

Agreed it's not perfect, but definitely better.

On the flip side, the patch introduced some new issues into the game.
    ------------------------

------------------------
    NET NEUTRALITY IS UNDER THREAT ONCE AGAIN
    SUPPORT NET NEUTRALITY AND STOP THE FCC FROM CONTROLLING OUR ACCESS TO THE FREE WEB
    https://www.battleforthenet.com/

World loading during challenge is definitely improved, as chunks of map load much quicker than before. Also like Mayali said, cursed skull waves come faster and more stable.
    So far, whatever they are doing for the lag, it seems to be the right direction.

I can say lag is definitely improved. In particular, novice enemies actually die on the first hit rather than taking 3+ before it actually renders.
    ~~IGN: Spirare~~
    ~~Main class: Dracolyte~~Power Rank: 18054~~Mastery: 300~~
    ~~Clubs:~~Patagonia~~Winter Solstice~~
    ~~Dragons: 10/24 /// 3/3~~

I can safely say I've noticed a big different, was doing a challenge earlier in U7 with atleast I'd say about.. 25 people in the world all in the same area and the World RTT didn't go over 200 the whole time and the enemies spawning from cursed skulls was pretty quick too.

lag will always exist regardless, however they might have changed the way stuff works server-side, they may have prioritized stuff that clients need to run smoothly and eliminate some of the lag that was caused by having to wait on the server.

Just wait... you'll see... 5 minutes to load ST floors and lots more losing connections.. wait and see.. what you 'think' is improved is just a placebo/Pseudo effect of you getting a good connection to server.. World loading, if you're on at a busy time which obviously you're not and there's a challenge running... you'll see... the new 5 minute ST floor loading is part of that 'improved' optimization.......

I agree with the placebo effect occurring here. I admit I fell victim to it initially but very quickly realised that there was barely an impact on the lag.

Enemies still take multiple hits before starting to register shots, waves still take 10-15+ seconds to spawn, rubberbanding around and chunks still taking (slightly less) time to load.

We'll have to wait and see if this continues within the servers and community. I'm sure once enough time passes we'll have a definite answer to whether or not this hotfix was effective.
    Stay Awesome,
    -DragonCoffee

Great, now you're applying a reverse placebo effect to make us notice lag.

Seriously though, it's still definitely improved, at least somewhat.

Another point - I always use Za'Hadeen as my mount, and I've noticed that the projectiles, though visibly landing where my dragon faces, often skip an explosion or detonate somewhere to the side of where they supposedly landed if I turned recently - the actual projectiles seemed to turn far more slowly than the visuals.

Testing several times for a while today, all the projectiles definitely land where they're actually supposed to.

Among other things, it's at least been somewhat corrected.
    ~~IGN: Spirare~~
    ~~Main class: Dracolyte~~Power Rank: 18054~~Mastery: 300~~
    ~~Clubs:~~Patagonia~~Winter Solstice~~
    ~~Dragons: 10/24 /// 3/3~~

10.   This is the last Trove Team post in this thread.   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by ExolonKnight View Post
    So new code, some changes to help with lag...

Right...

No difference whatsoever the lag prevails, exactly the same i.e. Game Crippling..
    Nothing new, no slightly better, same old same ..
    Quote Originally Posted by ExolonKnight View Post
    Just wait... you'll see... 5 minutes to load ST floors and lots more losing connections.. wait and see.. what you 'think' is improved is just a placebo/Pseudo effect of you getting a good connection to server.. World loading, if you're on at a busy time which obviously you're not and there's a challenge running... you'll see... the new 5 minute ST floor loading is part of that 'improved' optimization.......
    Take a look at our toxicity rules for the forums before posting again.

If you have feedback to provide, do so in a way that is productive. Specifically, provide us with information that can help drive improvement or an open dialogue on the forums. If you're experiencing technical issues such as lag, post in the tech support forums and provide as much specific info as possible.
    Steve "Fasti" Haines
    Community Manager, Trove
    PvP Master and Bulldog

Read our forum rules before posting, please! |Looking for help? Contact our support team! | Found a bug? Follow these steps to report it and we'll fix it ASAP!

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter!

Closed Thread