+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: The new glyph update

Angry The new glyph update

With the new glyph update it's only possiple to have 7 accounts open at once and you need 8 for a full st run with alts.

It will put out and error if you try to login to account 8. :There was an error starting the background update process. (Error #1024)

It also seems like if 1 account crashes, they all do.

This was clearly made to piss alt users off, now pls fix.

hmm i didn't check that but if it true its not funny

Finally! Thanks Trion, not sarcasm.
    IGN: Aixo
    Mastery Lvl: 630+
    Classes: 22k NN - 21k Chloro / SH / GS
    Club: Elysian Hills (Leader)

Down with Multi boxing

I'm glad they are finally doing something to limit people that are donking up the economy. I don't feel multi-boxing is necessary at all, and honestly it's screwing up the game for the rest of us. Defend yourself all you like, but when a cake is designed to be cut 8 ways between 8 people and one person decides to take 2 slices for themselves, i'm sure you can see the problem. I was in a que yesterday, waiting to log on. I can imagine quite a few of the people in front of me were actually the same person with multiple accounts. How is that fair?

THIS IS NOT! a place for you to discuss wheater alts are okay or not. Open your own thread for that, if you wanna fight that war again.

This is an error with glyph not trove and errors should be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by cerkaz View Post
    THIS IS NOT! a place for you to discuss wheater alts are okay or not. Open your own thread for that, if you wanna fight that war again.

This is an error with glyph not trove and errors should be fixed.
    Maybe it's not an error... let's calm down a bit. btw, if it is a feature i'm glad that they are trying something good

The only problem I'm having with the glyph update is that everytime I open it, asks me if I want to link my steam account (and I don't want to)
    IGN: Andreez927 | Mastery: 300
    Club: Trove506
    Mod in game: Dreamolyte
    Alpha Player

Quote Originally Posted by Andreez927 View Post
    Maybe it's not an error... let's calm down a bit. btw, if it is a feature i'm glad that they are trying something good

The only problem I'm having with the glyph update is that everytime I open it, asks me if I want to link my steam account (and I don't want to)
    Honestly, it doesn't solve anything. Is having 7 alts at one time really going to help in any way instead of having 8? I started running alts through sts a few weeks ago and it does seem like an annoying change I'm tempted to make more alts so that I can run two lots of runs with a lower performance hit. There was also a glyph update yesterday which instantly forgot all of my alt accounts until I resaved them and wiped the remember function again when i logged on today.

Having said that, while issues should be reported, I don't think we should be expecting issues that make it a little more inconvenient to exploit the game to be given any form of priority. In fact, we should be glad (if you are one that does it) that it is so easy. A lot of other games won't let you run more than 1 instance without extra software, virtualisation or another PC. There is no legitimate reason to have 8 clients running at once.

8.   This is the last Trove Team post in this thread.   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by cerkaz View Post
    This was clearly made to piss alt users off, now pls fix.
    Read over this post regarding our forum toxicity rules before posting again.

Once you've read it take another look at your OP and the quoted section above. This is the bug report section of the forums. If there is an issue where a thing isn't working as it should, this is the right place. Claiming a change was an aggressive move to attack a segment of players has no place on our forums.

The QA team was able to confirm what you're seeing and we have an engineer looking into it.
    Steve "Fasti" Haines
    Community Manager, Trove
    PvP Master and Bulldog

Read our forum rules before posting, please! |Looking for help? Contact our support team! | Found a bug? Follow these steps to report it and we'll fix it ASAP!

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter!

If anything Trion needs to make an update that somehow magically bans all alt users.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikket View Post
    If anything Trion needs to make an update that somehow magically bans all alt users.
    It would not be fair for them to do that when they have been very open about how they allow alt accounts. For example I have had 2 accounts for a very long time since the time flux flooded inventory space. Now I continue to use it for storage and have started having a 3rd account for storage despite having maxed out inventory unlocked on my main account. The best thing they can do is fix the incentives that give people reason to multi-account.

+ Reply to Thread