+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DEVs / Server Admin - fix your lag another plea

DEVs / Server Admin - fix your lag another plea

I have sunk hundreds of dollars into this game since alpha, I love playing the game.
    I can't even build right now the lag is so bad. I place block, hop, place block, get 100+ blocks to the sky, and rubber band back to the ground and all the blocks placed are gone.
    Why can't the the constant lag esp in prime worlds be address/resolved. What keeps it present month after month, year after year. Some zones are fine / minor affected while prime worlds just get destroyed. Or when multiple people are in world it goes exacerbates the lag.

I just spent the last 3 days doing a code release at work, 2 things.
    One - if my application, which is used throughout the world, had this kind consistent/persistent connectivity issues, I would have been fired years ago.
    Two - I'm tired and wanted to spend the night relaxing and playing trove, and I can't.

Folks will troll saying suck it up buttercup but regardless the game should not be in this state so consistently.
    Sig is old, but I'm keeping it as a reminder of a simpler trove...

Post: Make Fishing fun! Post: One way to fix challenges Post: Plea to Fix Terraformers Post: Big list of things that could be better

suck it up buttercup
    jk I agree it's unacceptable

http://forums.trovegame.com/showthre...985#post764985

They're working on it. In tomorrow's hotfix:

• Reduced lag by improving client-server message processing. This is a meaningful step forward in the fight against lag. We'll be watching performance and feedback so let us know your experiences after this update!
    • Fixed certain events that could cause the servers to slow down.
    • Fixed a memory leak caused by opening inventory.
    And in the previous patch they fixed several disconnection issues too.
    ~~IGN: Spirare~~
    ~~Main class: Dracolyte~~Power Rank: 20,015~~Mastery: 300~~
    ~~Club: ~~
    ~~Dragons: 15/35 /// 3/3~~

Quote Originally Posted by Spirare View Post

That's good to see, though obviously we shouldn't hold our breath. It's not the first time they've said they fixed something. It's nice to see it being "hotfixed". I wonder if it's a sign and they just didn't want to be called out on the megalithic update being synced with PC when a "hotfix" is made and we can expect more fixes to be applied when there's a solution, or if it's a one off.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirare View Post

And here we are post hotfix and the game is still unplayable at times and still riddled with lag especially during dungeon challenges. There is something wrong that two years of dungeon challenge lag complaints that dungeon challenges are still lag fests and now with focus on primes zones outside of dungeon challenges, the lag is just as bad.
    Sig is old, but I'm keeping it as a reminder of a simpler trove...

Post: Make Fishing fun! Post: One way to fix challenges Post: Plea to Fix Terraformers Post: Big list of things that could be better

+ Reply to Thread