+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Sunfest Event is disappointing

Quote Originally Posted by Pennry View Post
    The least they could have done is have the Hyper Pinata EX have a Pinata Coin cost just in case we're not able to get one from the daily boxes.
    Yeah even if it was something really high like 10,000 coins, it would be better than just making it RNG only. If I see anyone on one of those mounts I'm just going to be annoyed and if I end up getting one I won't want to show it off because then everyone else will be annoyed at me. I guess we will have to wait and see how common they are, but it sure doesn't seem fun already. When are they going to learn that the majority of players don't like strictly RNG stuff?

IGN: SummerHaas • Discord: Summer#9392 • Laezaria Leadership Team
    Chaos Chests & Other Useful Info | Forging Calculator | Tomes Calculator | YouTube | Trovesaurus Profile
    Free Class Coin for new players — Enter code: D2Z7K6TQX6ZE3PNF66GE

It is something that I still do not understand: We have the event of pinatas and, the only new mount (put the same last year is already bad enough and denotes the little imagination and desire that you are putting), is achieved outside the event of the pinatas And by RNG. There really is no other way? Please start thinking coherently for the players.

Well I would hate to be rank 1 in mastery and miss RNG on getting Hyper Pinata EX. Someone might rage quit having to wait another 1 year to get another chance at the RNG contest to get to the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Zander View Post
    Well I would hate to be rank 1 in mastery and miss RNG on getting Hyper Pinata EX. Someone might rage quit having to wait another 1 year to get another chance at the RNG contest to get to the top.
    It dosent have mastery
    Under mastery rank 20? Want a free class coin to unlock your favorite class? Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by Avarem View Post
    Words are hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Zander View Post
    I been here since Trove came out on steam. Many things I missed when I was 'new' I patiently waited a year or more for them to come back. Not sure I would wait another year as I learned how horrible it is, even to wait half a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Summer Haas View Post
    Yeah even if it was something really high like 10,000 coins, it would be better than just making it RNG only. If I see anyone on one of those mounts I'm just going to be annoyed and if I end up getting one I won't want to show it off because then everyone else will be annoyed at me. I guess we will have to wait and see how common they are, but it sure doesn't seem fun already. When are they going to learn that the majority of players don't like strictly RNG stuff?
    Well, Trion did keep their word and the piñata coins are 'worthless' for getting the new mount, even though they did not 'wipe' them from inventories as they said they would.
    10,000 coins would just mean alt farmers would have them easily, all others would not.
    Would be much better if they dropped as 'rares' when killing pinatas, on par with how the wings dropped.

I am holding my breath that they will not be "rare", and that everyone will get one by participating.
    Maybe we are all pre-judging them and jumping to conclusions (which may be reasonable based on prior actions).

6.   Click here to go to the next Trove Team post in this thread.   #26
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderAelwyd View Post
    I was really looking forward to this event with the hope that we could get either new mounts or different rewards this year, for example level 20/25 coins etc to help prepare for the upcoming expansion.

There's literally nothing to do in this event if you obtained all 3 mounts last year ...
    Hey there,

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. We added this event to the game to celebrate the summer and our two year anniversary. We made the Shadow Pinata Invaders plentiful so you wouldn't need to feel the pressure to farm for hours with the hope of running into some. The plan is for this event to be more laid back and allow players to work at their own pace for the next two weeks.

With every daily bonus active and very cool rewards available totally free we thought this made for a nice mix of things for players on PC while being new content for console players.

For those asking, the new mount, Hyper Pinata EX, is really awesome and was made specifically for this event. It gives no Mastery so those who are lucky enough to pick one up won't have a Leaderboard advantage. With that said, it's possible we'd consider adding it to the game through other means down the road but don't have any immediate plans.
    Steve "Fasti" Haines
    Community Manager, Trove
    PvP Master and Bulldog

Read our forum rules before posting, please! |Looking for help? Contact our support team! | Found a bug? Follow these steps to report it and we'll fix it ASAP!

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter!

Quote Originally Posted by High5 View Post
    Well, Trion did keep their word and the piñata coins are 'worthless' for getting the new mount, even though they did not 'wipe' them from inventories as they said they would.
    10,000 coins would just mean alt farmers would have them easily, all others would not.
    Would be much better if they dropped as 'rares' when killing pinatas, on par with how the wings dropped.
    They are untradable, so I really don't see how alt farmers will have any luck with getting those. Unless you mean sitting in an AFK farm or manually dragging the alts from one invader to another for the pinatas. Either way, soloing is faster.

Your idea, however seems like a good one. Making them rare would work just fine too. The only problem I have with the event is that the new mount can be obtained only through RNG. I wouldn't mind it if it takes 10k coins or is a rare drop. But it should be obtainable via some means other than praying to RNGsus.

Since you are concerned about coins, here are a few tips to get more.
    A. Farm lower ubers with Trailblazing and an ally for MS.
    B. Ask club members to do the same and hold a grand party when everyone has a decent amount of pinatas.
    C. ???
    D. Profit!

I made more than 10k in 6 hours using this method... Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    Hey there,

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. We added this event to the game to celebrate the summer and our two year anniversary. We made the Shadow Pinata Invaders plentiful so you wouldn't need to feel the pressure to farm for hours with the hope of running into some. The plan is for this event to be more laid back and allow players to work at their own pace for the next two weeks.

With every daily bonus active and very cool rewards available totally free we thought this made for a nice mix of things for players on PC while being new content for console players.

For those asking, the new mount, Hyper Pinata EX, is really awesome and was made specifically for this event. It gives no Mastery so those who are lucky enough to pick one up won't have a Leaderboard advantage. With that said, it's possible we'd consider adding it to the game through other means down the road but don't have any immediate plans.
    I'm sorry to say, but this Event, as a celebration of 2 years of Trove is very..underwhelming to say the least.
    Not only did you not think about all the players that were able to collect everything last year, the new mount is RNG only. ( as of currently )

As I'm sure you know, most people dislike RNG, it's not fun, it's not engaging, and it's certainly not rewarding.

I would expect a bit more of thought to go into these Events, mainly this one since it's a celebration of the existence of the game for 2 years.

People who complemented the Event last year have 0 motivation to participate in this event, apart from the quest itself. How that didn't cross your mind is baffling.

Anyway, you could improve those "Events" greatly by doing some brainstorm and actually implementing creative Events to hype up the community.

I don't get how Trion suddenly became so disconnected with the community. Trove is largely a social platform and after the last dragon code fiasco you guys should clearly see that we want effort based rewards that everyone can obtain so we can do the activities together and see that all our friends get the reward too. Please stop treating Trove like a single player competitive game when it absolutely is not. None of us want that.

IGN: SummerHaas • Discord: Summer#9392 • Laezaria Leadership Team
    Chaos Chests & Other Useful Info | Forging Calculator | Tomes Calculator | YouTube | Trovesaurus Profile
    Free Class Coin for new players — Enter code: D2Z7K6TQX6ZE3PNF66GE

Quote Originally Posted by Summer Haas View Post
    I don't get how Trion suddenly became so disconnected with the community. Trove is largely a social platform and after the last dragon code fiasco you guys should clearly see that we want effort based rewards that everyone can obtain so we can do the activities together and see that all our friends get the reward too. Please stop treating Trove like a single player competitive game when it absolutely is not. None of us want that.
    According to you in what you comment: Trove is moving further away from its multiplayer origins, taking less and less account of the Community and continuing to add more and more insane RNG in the game, but .....

* Do we know the way Trion wants to give this game?
    * Are the same goals you started with, almost 3 years ago?
    * Are they going to get back all the feedback that is being given?

Perhaps these answers (if we had them) would make us change the concept that right now we have the great part of the community of Trove. Disappointment, would be the right word for this situation ...

Hey there,

By the way Fasti, there are many people that we are "collectors". Not only do we seek mastery, but have all the objects of the game. Adding objects that "maybe" you can not get by being just pure RNG is a bad idea for many of us.

+ Reply to Thread