+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Sunfest Event is disappointing

1.   This is the last Trove Team post in this thread.   #41
    Quote Originally Posted by ForsakenHero View Post
    I was hoping a big event since its Trove's anniversary and well i surely was dissapointed to say the least. Furthermore the only real new content of the event the Hyper Pinata EX its directly tied to RNG... I'll let my signature express how i feel about that.
    We hear all of you on this. I could have done a better job at explaining that this event was intended to be more low key and party oriented than it was a new content push. We have lots of content coming for everyone (that we'll be able to talk more about in the next couple weeks). Plus, we've had people working hard on fixes for some key crashes and lag issues (that were rolled out today for PS4 and PC).

There is a lot of work being done on a lot of things and we're going to make sure to improve the way we communicate it to all of you.
    Steve "Fasti" Haines
    Community Manager, Trove
    PvP Master and Bulldog

Read our forum rules before posting, please! |Looking for help? Contact our support team! | Found a bug? Follow these steps to report it and we'll fix it ASAP!

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter!

Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    We hear all of you on this. I could have done a better job at explaining that this event was intended to be more low key and party oriented than it was a new content push. We have lots of content coming for everyone (that we'll be able to talk more about in the next couple weeks). Plus, we've had people working hard on fixes for some key crashes and lag issues (that were rolled out today for PS4 and PC).

There is a lot of work being done on a lot of things and we're going to make sure to improve the way we communicate it to all of you.
    I can understand all that. What I don't understand is why the one new thing had to be locked in the RNG boxes. You could have just added it to the vendor or made sure we get it via karma, instead you'd rather tease us. You could have just left it out and said this was a pure "catch up party" event.

Anniversary event

I'm making this thread to just voice my disappointment at this year's anniversary 'event'. I call it an 'event' because it's simply a return of the old pinata event but improved plus the golden ticket chests. I think back to last year and remember the hundreds of complaints about the golden ticket chests - instead of celebrating the anniversary of the game with cool games or interesting prizes to work for, we just get chests, where the best rewards are locked behind extreme RNG. And this time around, you've put an exclusive mount inside the chests that very few people will get!

I know the new pinata mount has no mastery, but it's really disappointing that the one, single new thing added for the event is something that needs huge amounts of luck to get. Why couldn't it just be added as a reward to the new questline? I think that, considering it's there to celebrate the anniversary, it wouldn't matter if it was a little easy to get - it's supposed to be a celebration for all Trove players, a thank-you for sticking around, not another RNG fest. It feels like the devs have learnt nothing from the anger at last year, just throwing the same old super-RNG chests to enjoy. Don't get me wrong - I'm happy that Trove is having its second anniversary and I'm glad its gotten this far, but this is most certainly not the way to celebrate that achievement.

And please don't reply saying "they could have given us nothing" because while that is true, it doesn't justify giving us a luck-based event when they could simply make the cool stuff available through gameplay instead of RNG.
    Cacti are cool. Yeah.

I would grind 100k coins for the hyper pin ex mount

Quote Originally Posted by Xerp View Post
    You and me both bud.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerp View Post
    I'd prefer something along the lines of 2.5k or 3k :P
    That said, it would be super easy for them to just add the pinata EX to the pinata vendor and do a quick hotfix. Please, devs!
    Cacti are cool. Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerDj View Post
    *snip*
    And please don't reply saying "they could have given us nothing" because while that is true, it doesn't justify giving us a luck-based event when they could simply make the cool stuff available through gameplay instead of RNG.
    They could have given us nothing
    I'm just kidding, it's ridiculous that the "Main Event Mount" is locked behind extreme RNG

+1 for being able to get the new mount through some other method (Even if it doesn't grant mastery)
    Stay Awesome,
    -DragonCoffee (IGN)
    Discord: DragonCoffee#9172
    Have a great suggestion for Trove? Check if it's been suggested before on my Main Suggestion List! The ultimate suggestion consolidation thread project!
    (A full list of every suggestion for Trove posted by anyone!)

Still enjoyed outside invaders as well as normal invaders being done. Didn't realize new mount is rng though given there wasnt anything new for coin goal xD
    ( 'v') <(if under 20 mastery and want class coin) -->refer a friend code: https://trovelive.trionworlds.com/co...&submit=Redeem
    Still under halfway on raf

This event fits perfectly with how Trove is changing in my opinion.

+1 for devs, keep up the good work! ^.^

Edit: It's pushing the customer(s) to spend time on the game. While I personally don't have the "magic" I used to feel while playing Trove, I believe it's a positive change.

Calm down... The essense of the game in grinding.

+ Reply to Thread