Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Fae Trickster

Fae Trickster

Quote Originally Posted by PostCard View Post
    Fae Trickster Updates
    • The duration of Faerie Dance staves has been increased to 15s from 10s.
    • Faerie Dance staves now use player health and take 75% less damage.
    • The attack speed of Faerie Dance staves has been reduced to 1.0 from 1.25.
    • Ego Blast now deals 20% more damage.
    • An Ego Blast crit is now 51% of base damage.
    • Glitterbomb now has a 0.5s stun and deals 33% more damage.
    • Glitterbomb no longer knocks back enemies.
    • The explosion radius on Glitterbomb has increased to 3.5 from 3.0.
    • The Fae Trickster class gem, Faerocious Facsimile, has been temporarily removed from the class gem loot table until it can be improved. Existing copies of Faerocious Facsimile can continue to be used.
    • A completely new class gem has been added for Fae Tricksters! This new gem shields Ego Blast for one additional hit before the bonus damage is temporarily removed. It can be found in the Shores of the Everdark with a class gem key. Enjoy!
    how good will fae be compared to other dps classes? will these changes make fae a class worth using again?

First impression after a few minutes inside PTS

Unfortunally I did just see this whole stuff today. However, there have been no more exp booster or anything by the time I finished downloading PTS and getting into the game. Unfortunally PTS got shot down before doing much of a testing with fae - so all I can say is about a level 5 fae without any ring, totally insufficient crit hit chance, no gems at all etc etc, you can imagine.

First impression:
    Fae clones now say 'Fae' when getting created or when they disappear. It sounds cute (I like it) but it can blow your cover in PvP, since humans may actually notice they are poking a clone instead of the real deal.

Glitterbomb is a stunning thing now. This is awesome! It gives finally a reason why I should ever hit the 1-button after all while playing Fae (well except for the rare situational shadow tower floor where you can bump enemies off the ledge, aside that I didn't use this skill in the last 2 monthes; probably even more).

Faerie Dance.... Well yea, I did actually hit level 5 just before Postcard announce the shutdown of testserver for this session. I had no chance to use it in actual combat and can't say anything about it.

And the most unfortunate thing... Ego Blast. Well All I can say is: you dont see much of a difference in crits if you are a level 5 Fae without any gems or items that you would have as endgame player. I actually need to have my main char on live transfered to PTS before I can give a real statement here, but I hope it is not as horrible as Yabadabadonkadonk did calculate (btw why got that topic closed after all?)
    I got a morbid suspicion that endgame Fae could deal more damage with no ego blast active, since normal shots would deal 100% crit modifyer. At a certain point it is inevitably that losing your ego is an actual damage buff..... Please, anyone tell me I am wrong. PLEASE.

4.   Click here to go to the next Trove Team post in this thread.   #4
    Developer
    The Ego Blast critical multiplier was actually an error in the Patch Notes, where some of our internal-only notes made it live. Ego Blast's critical multiplier remains unchanged from its Live state.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    The Ego Blast critical multiplier was actually an error in the Patch Notes, where some of our internal-only notes made it live. Ego Blast's critical multiplier remains unchanged from its Live state.
    \o/ what a relief. I was very worried about that, but I couldn't find the time to test it out on PTS myself. Thanks for clarifying, Hawk

6.   Click here to go to the next Trove Team post in this thread.   #6
    Also, this is a buff, but reads as a nerf in the notes:

"The attack speed of Faerie Dance staves has been reduced to 1.0 from 1.25."

It's actually been increased from 1.25 to 1.0s, meaning they shoot 20% faster - or every 1s.
    Noah 'Morticus' Holmes
    Senior Designer, Trove
    Trion Worlds, Inc.
    "The more I learn, the more I learn how little I know." -Socrates

7.   This is the last Trove Team post in this thread.   #7
    Senior Community Manager
    Corrected the patch note, so we should be good now.