Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Gem Forge Testing Results

Thanks for this analysis PPP.
    My mind hurts from these numbers. I came to Trove when it debuted on Steam, and I have hoarded most of my resources and materials since that day.
    This is the only game I really play, and spend a lot of time here as I think it is very fun.

But these numbers are just beyond insanity levels. Requiring this much per class and including timegates means it really is impossible.

Imagine if you are starting out this game as a new player, and can hardly comprehend 1 million flux, and seeing the rarest thing in the game (ganda) is 15 million flux.
    Old time players are still saving up for Ganda, as it is no easy feat if you only have one account., that's how hard saving up 15 million flux is.

Then explain to the new player that you need 100 million of flux/materials to max out a class.
    Try to see how many players can even comprehend 6500 dragonite, or even 6 million gem dust.
    4,320 heart of darkness? One class?

I am at a serious loss of words here. It really is unimaginable.

This is just my personal opinion without having tried out the augment system myself. The high cost and difficulty in augmenting makes this feel like a secondary endgame progression system similar to Diablo 3's paragon system. For anyone not familiar with D3, once you hit the current level cap of 70, you continue to gain experience which increases your paragon level. Rather than unlocking the ability to equip higher level gear and significant power increase as happens in the first 70 levels, each paragon level allows you to increase one of your stats by a very small amount. Most feedback I have seen on D3's paragon system has been very positive. It's not a 1:1 comparison, but I think we should be looking at it's not as a goal to hit the gem PR cap, but as a meaningful way to increase power for the people in the late end game particularly those with millions of flux and max mastery. Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by JDAggie06 View Post
    Snip
    That's interesting, makes some sense.
    I am just afraid many players would be turned off by a system like this with a timegate + RNG + multi-year required quantity of resources required per class.

Quote Originally Posted by High5 View Post
    That's interesting, makes some sense.
    I am just afraid many players would be turned off by a system like this with a timegate + RNG + multi-year required quantity of resources required per class.
    Enough people demanded a long term power creep that Trion thought to even give us Gems in the first place. IMO now that we're stuck with a power creep, at least it's not hope for new gear to match our class/build every month like a lot of other games. Once we've got our set, now we know exactly what's needed to just upgrade that set. The lesser of the two evils.