Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Sub Class Megathread - July 1st 2017

Post Sub Class Megathread - July 1st 2017

Hello there I have been testing out the Sub Class abilities and I know you guys been trying them out too. I want to open discussion about these Sub Class abilities while PTS is still active in hopes that the Trove team can further optimize Sub Classes before it gets released to Live.

Buffs/nerfs that may be needed.

Knight Sub Class (Passive): mount speed boost is +3 @14K PR / +5 @24K pr
    Their is little impact here, If the passive bonus was doubled then I can see it having impact.

Knight Sub Class (Stat): +5 Flask @Lvl 30
    Flask Capacity bonus can be reduced, it has a large impact compare to other Sub Class stat boost.

Boomeranger (Passive): When you reach about 20% health the fariy restores 15% of your health @14k Pr and maybe 20% @24K pr.
    Small impact here, with a internal cool down of about 30 seconds we can do more. The heal should be as effective as a flask e.g 40% of health.

Boomerranger (stat): +20% CD bonus is Fair

Shadow Hunter (Passive): With a internal cool down of about 20/30 seconds I expected the effect to be stronger. What I got was a very fast DoT that last about 3 seconds and in total deals about 50/100% of my base damage and does not Crit.
    Low impact passive and would need a buff for it to be meaningful. The passive reminds me of stinging curse a bit, If it could behave more like that it would be a improvement.

Shadow Hunter (Stat): +750 Magic damage is fair

Candy Barbarian (passive): Gives candies that can heal 10% of health or a Rage candy that boost your attack speed by 100% and boost movement speed.
    With a internal cool down of 20/30 seconds this is a good passive and ideally should set the bar for the other Sub Class passives.

Candy Barbarian (stat): +75 stability @Lvl 30. Please, change this stat. e.g(energy regen instead)

I will stop here before this first post gets too long. Lets start talking about this, don't take my word alone!

Good idea, there definitely needs to be more focus on sub-class discussion. Right now, from my initial perception, this is something that's quite difficult to thoroughly test due to the nature of how the passives (not stat) scale:

Quote Originally Posted by PostCard
    Each subclass provides a unique passive ability along with a stat boost! The effectiveness of the passive increases based on the active Power Rank of the subclass, while the stat boost improves based on the level of the subclass.
    The fact passive 'effectiveness' scales by PR in an unknown way (is it damage, proc rate, etc?) and having limited resources to push that PR without having to constantly switch, plus having additional gear to account for certain classes can be a bit of a pain. I'll need to wait another day or so to really get a grasp of passives. Don't want to form an opinion until I have better control of the actual sub-class PR.

Here's my thoughts on what I have seen with subclasses:

Knight: Laughably bad. Then again, I don't have my knight at a high PR, so that might be it. The mount speed is set at 91. It's great for people who only have Slow Sebastian, but if you have literally any other mount, then forget it. The flask bonus can be quite good if you choose to use it.

Boomeranger: No experience, so can't speak for that. Also, now we have Navi in the game, appatently.

Shadow Hunter: Same as Boomer

Candy barb: This seems like a solid subclass. The ability to generate candy definitely helps out a lot for DPS classes. The stability buff is all but useless. I used this on my Fae while I dabbled on PTS, but then I realized Ice Sage was a thing.

Other thoughts: I don't quite understand how Shadow Hunter and Dracolyte have their subclasses for the opposite damage type, but it does open the door for some interesting builds, so i won't complain.

Also, I don't get why a class's subclass can't be incorporated in the class itself somehow. Some of the classes like the Ice Sage have the subclass ability built into their kit, but for a lot of the other classes, like the Boomeranger, it's not. I kind of want to see the subclass stats and maybe the ability, depending on what it is, incorporated in to the class itself.

TCDR (Too confusing didn't read): I want to glide fast with Fae.
    To modify Christina Perri's Jar of Hearts, "My arteries explode from the salt inside my soul, so cut the RNG, before it ruins me."

For dps the LL subclass seems even better than CB, it gives +100% attack speed and a small (?) dmg boost on proc.

The problem i found with that is that it makes all the attack speed affected classes a lot better while shadow hunter and other not attack speed affected classes have to pick one of the weaker abilitys.
    I can already see GS, Fae and DT outshining sh easily because of that buff, unless they reduce the cooldown of the other abilitys and/or make them stronger.

has anyone able to test gunslinger sub class? i dont seem to see any increase in dmg while in air neither does it makes you float like gunslinger do.
    i tried jumping in air and shoot or even on melee class , saw the vfx orb thingy like on gunslinger but no difference in dmg output.

tomb raiser spawns one random mob to fight for you, surprisingly seem to work more constant for me in terms of dps. first of all the random mob so far i gotten to spawn is the small skel minion,large skel golem, range shooting fae mob this 3. in terms of its hp and dmg its quite good not sure about higher uber if it dies quickly or not. also the minion doesnt show purple combat dmg so i have no idea how much dmg it deals compare to my stats.

other classes are pretty much random proc chance to deal extra dmg which the passive have an internal cooldown before it can proc again, really isnt that much significant.

dev really need to just put straight up stats for players to know what the skill does rather then just vague description text. imagine newer players who doesnt know or havent figured out trove mechanics would be having a hard time guessing how effective the subclass do.

I find the subclasses need a rather large buff overall. I tried several of them and either the effect is very underwhelming, or there is an internal cooldown that is way too long, or the effect itself lasts way too short.

It doesn't feel like you have a subclass at all, in other words. It just feels like you have a weak flask emblem going off by itself every 20-30sec. This is with lvl 30 subclasses and ~15k pr average. I tried IS, DT, PC, and LL mostly. Maybe it's just me and I was expecting too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexxy View Post
    I find the subclasses need a rather large buff overall. I tried several of them and either the effect is very underwhelming, or there is an internal cooldown that is way too long, or the effect itself lasts way too short.

It doesn't feel like you have a subclass at all, in other words. It just feels like you have a weak flask emblem going off by itself every 20-30sec. This is with lvl 30 subclasses and ~15k pr average. I tried IS, DT, PC, and LL mostly. Maybe it's just me and I was expecting too much.
    Could not agree more, This is one of the top issue facing Subclasses. We need to make some of these Subclasses passives more exciting & more impactful to gameplay.

I tried out the Dino Tamer subclass and it's pretty terrible. I barely ever get the snaring nets to trigger, and when they do, I'm fairly sure that they slow me down too.
    Cacti are cool. Yeah.

Yeah they are pretty underwhelming TBH.
    Link--> My YouTube Channel <--Link
    Y'all who are below Mastery 20, get a FREE class coin by entering G3FLQ6YG2NKTTFWJTGXY at trionworlds.com/trove/store/redeem/

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein

Remember that the most beautiful things in life are often the most useless.
    -John Ruskin

10.   This is the last Trove Team post in this thread.   #10
    RE: Dino Tamer

Net starts off with a 20% chance to spawn and increases to 30% as your PR increases.

The root effect currently lasts for 2s.

We're open to constructive suggestions on how to improve this passive if you have any.

Noah 'Morticus' Holmes
    Senior Designer, Trove
    Trion Worlds, Inc.
    "The more I learn, the more I learn how little I know." -Socrates