Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Darknik xD?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobfishkins23 View Post
    Im pretty sure bypassing DDV means its an instakill...
    Ah right.... forgot he said that. Whoops.

Actually, just fought him on easy mode. Stood right next to the nuke. 100-150K dmg tops. You were either lagging, ran outta flasks, or it's a new mechanic that either bypasses DD w/o infinite dmg, or the insta-kill only activates on higher difficulties. Those latter two options are unlikely though.

(sry bout the new post, shoulda edited the prior one. >_< )

Quote Originally Posted by FlashExe View Post
    Actually, just fought him on easy mode. Stood right next to the nuke. 100-150K dmg tops. You were either lagging, ran outta flasks, or it's a new mechanic that either bypasses DD w/o infinite dmg, or the insta-kill only activates on higher difficulties. Those latter two options are unlikely though.

(sry bout the new post, shoulda edited the prior one. >_< )
    i still had flasks, more than that much HP, (around 800k) and no lag, dunno how you got these results
    Under mastery rank 20? Want a free class coin to unlock your favorite class? Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by Avarem View Post
    Words are hard.

800k hp should have little to do w/ it cause you're talking about fighting it on hard mode correct? I said I fought it on easy (by which I mean normal) so that explains the dmg difference. Otherwise, if you still had flasks and no lag then idk what to tell ya. Was fighting him as CB and was right next to him the whole time. Unless there's some kinda partial blind spot within him or the insta-kill only occurs at harder difficulties.... idk lol.

800k hp should have little to do w/ it cause you're talking about fighting it on hard mode correct? I said I fought it on easy (by which I mean normal) so that explains the dmg difference. Otherwise, if you still had flasks and no lag then idk what to tell ya. Was fighting him as CB and was right next to him the whole time. Unless there's some kinda partial blind spot within him or the insta-kill only occurs at harder difficulties.... idk lol.
    nope, i was on normal at the time
    Under mastery rank 20? Want a free class coin to unlock your favorite class? Click here!

Words are hard.

Hrm, I'll do some more testing...

Ok, so the dmg I was taking was from the fire underneath him. From what I can tell, he has an invisible aura about the size of his shields or the area of the fire he puts down when launching (though it does seem to be a little bit larger than that). If you're in that zone you will take no dmg from the nuke when it lands, distance doesn't seem to have anything to do with it from what I've seen. If anybody finds out anything else feel free to share it lol.

Ok, so the dmg I was taking was from the fire underneath him. From what I can tell, he has an invisible aura about the size of his shields or the area of the fire he puts down when launching (though it does seem to be a little bit larger than that). If you're in that zone you will take no dmg from the nuke when it lands, distance doesn't seem to have anything to do with it from what I've seen. If anybody finds out anything else feel free to share it lol.
    Interesting... maybe this was put in place for melee classes incase they were in a bad spot?

Words are hard.

Potentially, though considering how the nuke always lands in the middle and I was pretty close to a corner (bout 8 blocks off towards the middle I'd say) and still died, I think that safe zone is for everyone. The fire that forms under him isn't particularly lethal and is prolly percentage based like other fire/lava effects, and again, I don't THINK there is a minimum safe distance. Did you survive at least once while away from the boss?

Potentially, though considering how the nuke always lands in the middle and I was pretty close to a corner (bout 8 blocks off towards the middle I'd say) and still died, I think that safe zone is for everyone. The fire that forms under him isn't particularly lethal and is prolly percentage based like other fire/lava effects, and again, I don't THINK there is a minimum safe distance. Did you survive at least once while away from the boss?
    ive survived in the marked safe areas (the non-red corners), but what i meant to say was that the reason there is a universal safe space under the boss is that because some melee classes cant escape in time (LL while doing the 1 attack animation, CB wile pulling, etc.)

Words are hard.