+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [Looking For Coders] [Wings] Project tittle : "Ash and Dust"

Exclamation [Looking For Coders] [Wings] Project tittle : "Ash and Dust"

This did not come out the way I intended and in fact turned out to do quite the opposite. I had over-done it and would like to apologize for this.

I don't see why you would need a team of other people to work on something that can be done by one person. Modding on trove isnt as heavy on "coding" and there are plenty of people who have done wings VFX on their own, and to be honest, there are so many tutorials on Popcorn VFX that one person can do the whole project. The only thing code heavy is GUIs, not VFX.

Pretty sure if you were to just ask around to see how it's done, they would all say "just look up some tutorials and learn how to do it. You'll be fine doing it yourself."

This is a glorified version of a mod request thread then, isn't it? From what I understand, you're putting together a team of modders to help you build (or build for you) some random project you thought about, right? This isn't going to work.

To put it bluntly, nobody is going to dedicate their time to you or your project without pay or some sort of reward, especially since you have 5 posts and probably have no modding experience. You also don't mention what you want people to do, you're just recruiting for random positions which have no meaning. Lead coder? Coding team? Since when does PopcornFX require teams of programmers as if it is some big software development project?

This whole thread makes no sense, and I doubt you'll find people to fill these positions. If you do, then good luck on completing the project.

I also like how you say you want this to be a friend/colleague project even though you're asking random people over the internet to work for you without pay.

Sounds like this project has alot of potential but... heres what i don't get...
    1. Why tf do you need a 7+ people team for such a task?
    2. Why do you require from people to fully dedicate their time on the project and only that?
    3. Why are you "unable" to learn how to use PopcornFX? The code that goes into creating vfx is not even remotely close to what you believe it has. (Also i call that "unable" is just a "too lazy to bother and just want to be the boss of others"). It is literally so easy even i can do it... and im trash at creating vfx.

If you ask me, this whole project is easy enough to be completed by a single person that has the dedication and effort to invest in it. A team of 7+ people will only create a clusterf*ck of "wtf am i supposed to do".

Anyways, goodluck finding a team... but i doubt how effective it'll be...

Despacito 2 is the greatest song ever created and my name jeff

I can be team duck?
    Yes?
    QUACK
    Q
    U
    A
    C
    K

jk. Look into some guides of popcornFX and your done-zo.
    good luck c:

What kind of yearly income am i looking at if i get on the team? Does it include health benefits? Dental?

Better get my resume up to date.

But seriously just watch some popcorn guides, it's easier than you think.
    Mods for Fun Because His Life Is In Shambles!

I am ready for him to be off his soap box, after the first 5 lines it is like eh.. snores

I don't even know much about coding and I barely know much about the program yet I made vfx mods. Don't be lazy.

also a tip they don't accept over the top VFX mods hell they don't really accept vfx mods, they will make their own version if they like the idea when they are looking for vfx ideas.

This is pretty much a mod request, which is fine, but you've made it seem like a lot more than it is. If you can't create the wings yourself, it's fine to ask a single person who knows how to make them, and if they say no, the best option is to learn how to make wings yourself. You really don't need a team of people, and no coding is required - just knowledge of how to make VFX.
    Cacti are cool. Yeah.

+ Reply to Thread