+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Bring Back the Red Roof!

Bring Back the Red Roof!

Recently i discovered that the roof of the base cornerstone house is not red anymore.
    Why was this changed? was there a request to have it changed to green? was it just changed to make it more trovian?
    The red roof is a tradition that dates back to the introduction of the cornerstones, and it breaks my heart to see it getting changed.
    Here's an example:

#RedRoofsMatter
    IGN: Chronozilla | Total Mastery: TBA | Total Power Rank: TBA | Alpha Conqueror | Gem Augment Info | Companion Egg Issue | Trion Support
    LEGIT Heart-a-Phones Received: 703 | Heart-a-Phones Sent: 687| Fish Caught: 31,208 | Trovesaurus | Geode Master Sheet | Notes for Returning Players
    Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    Thanks for saving my bacon, Chronozilla.

The red roof had giant holes in it.

That'd be okay for the "place 3 blocks" tutorial, if it wasn't red. Unfortunately, red blocks are the only type that aren't readily available to new players at any moment...
    ~~ IGN: Spirare ~~
    It's supposed to be pronounced rahr, not rayr
    ~~ Main class: Vanguardian | Power Rank: 24,845 | Total Mastery: 619 ~~
    ~~ Clubs: | ~~
    ~~ Dragons: 15/17 | 30/31 | 3/3 ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Spirare View Post
    The red roof had giant holes in it.
    Those same holes are also in the green roof, the screenshot just doesn't show that.
    IGN: Chronozilla | Total Mastery: TBA | Total Power Rank: TBA | Alpha Conqueror | Gem Augment Info | Companion Egg Issue | Trion Support
    LEGIT Heart-a-Phones Received: 703 | Heart-a-Phones Sent: 687| Fish Caught: 31,208 | Trovesaurus | Geode Master Sheet | Notes for Returning Players
    Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    Thanks for saving my bacon, Chronozilla.

I actually think the green roof is much nicer

Quote Originally Posted by Chronozilla View Post
    Recently i discovered that the roof of the base cornerstone house is not red anymore.
    Why was this changed? was there a request to have it changed to green? was it just changed to make it more trovian?
    The red roof is a tradition that dates back to the introduction of the cornerstones, and it breaks my heart to see it getting changed.
    Here's an example:

#RedRoofsMatter

On a serious note yeah. Please bring back the red roofs. The green ones looks horrid XD.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronozilla View Post
    Those same holes are also in the green roof, the screenshot just doesn't show that.
    Yes, but as I also said, that'd be okay for the tutorial with any other block type.

Red takes a long time to get if you just started the game comparatively; you either have to wait until Uber-2 for the Candoria biome, wait until Mastery 20 for the marketplace, or walk to the biome in the bottom right using Slow Sebastian (which they probably wouldn't even know about at that point) to get any red to patch the holes.

Green, however, can just be mined in the grass almost anywhere if you just started, and is probably the first type of block you'll get when you start the "Mine 3 blocks" tutorial. With a green roof, it's obvious where you should put those 3 blocks you mined for the next step.
    ~~ IGN: Spirare ~~
    It's supposed to be pronounced rahr, not rayr
    ~~ Main class: Vanguardian | Power Rank: 24,845 | Total Mastery: 619 ~~
    ~~ Clubs: | ~~
    ~~ Dragons: 15/17 | 30/31 | 3/3 ~~

Wait, so these holes are for tutorial? I always placed the blocks randomly in the world to do this step D:

Unless it's clarified now (didn't do tutorial in ages), they could as well remove this hole.

Thought it was easy to see what's missing and want to fill those holes. Although green doesn't look as nice.. so just pulled red blocks from the X after a dungeon clear after all it is
    ( 'v') <(if under 20 mastery and want class coin) 20/30 ( 'v')<(forum image upload help) ( 'v')<(returning player info) ( 'v')<(if game bug report it and if brakes bad submit ticket) ( 'v')<( trove giveaways occasionally happen here but more frequent in Trovsaurus)

If the goal is to make the tutorial easy, it would be best to make it grey. But that would be bad because chronozilla is right. I'm gonna rage right now.

WE NEED THIS RED ROOF TROVE UNPLAYABLE

Naw it's all good but red is red and green is green and green is not red and red is life.
    Link--> My YouTube Channel <--Link
    Y'all who are below Mastery 20, get a FREE class coin by entering G3FLQ6YG2NKTTFWJTGXY at trionworlds.com/trove/store/redeem/

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein

Remember that the most beautiful things in life are often the most useless.
    -John Ruskin

10.   Click here to go to the next Trove Team post in this thread.   #10
    Senior Community Manager
    I'll check on this Monday. As a color blind bulldog I would have never noticed, so thanks for calling it out. Will let you know what I find out.

+ Reply to Thread