+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Strongest/Most Exciting Class in Trove

Quote Originally Posted by Satharis View Post
    Unfortunately the class just brings "dull" to the table, blast jump is almost totally useless still due to the gameplay style, and overall the gunslinger's damage is subpar to the higher rated classes.
    Yes, I think the GSs damage is something to wish for, but the Blast Jump is actually 10 times more useful now due to its automatic feather-falling and the fact that you can use it indefinitely, unlike Jump. I could have 0 jumps on GS and still perform well using Blast Jump. When you jump, your energy regen stops, which is what makes Blast Jump useless. Just don't use Jump when you're feathering down and you can just use Blast Jump once you get a little too close, as constant hitting on an enemy prolongs the feathering effect.

Also, AoE.

Still, I agree with everything else.
    Starting the robotic rebellion one raw_input() at a time.
    Shadow Arena Theme Sheet Music
    /joinworld 8243130327834050524 for The Cult of Kevin
    #comebackkevin

Strongest:
    1. Fae Trickster
    2. Candy Barbarian
    3. Neon Ninja/Dracolyte

Most fun:
    1. Neon Ninja
    2. Shadow Hunter
    3. Dracolyte

Gunslinger: [...]Unfortunately the class just brings "dull" to the table, blast jump is almost totally useless still due to the gameplay style, and overall the gunslinger's damage is subpar to the higher rated classes.
    Actually the new Blast Jump is far from being useless, aside the weak AoE dmg is way more energy efficient than using normal Jumps and thanks to that the jump stat is not mandatory anymore for a Gunslinger build. I agree though that his base dmg needs a buff of some sort since his dps are awful (let's not consider the Knight since we know that he will be revamped anyway).

Ninja Ninja: [..]Their damage is mediocre, in fact all four of these classes share about the same damage potential really. Ninja can do decent damage when they are on target but unfortunately is hampered by mechanics. Shuriken can be awkward to aim, particularly in groups and seem buggy at times, and if you miss then ninja loses a LOT of their damage potential. The class relies heavily on you keeping targets stun-locked with stasis blade, so even taking down a few enemies needs some maneuvering room and it can take a very long time to whittle enemies down, especially groups.[...]
    Actually without using Flasks of Wisdom the Neon Ninja has the second best dps on a single target in the game (Fae is stronger by far but he's just broken) and has a top-notch survivability but yes he requires a certain level of skill to be used efficiently but after that even crowds and environmental hazards are not a problem nor a threat (to be honest I never had any problems with using Shurikens).

Strongest:
    1. Fae
    2. Candy Barb/Draco
    3. Candy Barb/Draco
    (draco only with prowling shadow)

Most Fun:
    1. Neon Ninja
    2. Shadow Hunter
    3. Draco

Quote Originally Posted by Zipperumpazoo View Post
    Actually without using Flasks of Wisdom the Neon Ninja has the second best dps on a single target in the game (Fae is stronger by far but he's just broken) and has a top-notch survivability but yes he requires a certain level of skill to be used efficiently but after that even crowds and environmental hazards are not a problem nor a threat (to be honest I never had any problems with using Shurikens).
    I honestly haven't found their damage to be that amazing, of course there isn't any good ways to track dps in this game but testing it against giants or bosses without their spawns it just never seems that high. If anything neon ninja also has this little issue of staying on target, particularly if multiple enemies are around because they get in the way so easily. You can stasis blade and then final technique to single target one enemy without them moving, then keep using stasis blade and stay just out of their smack range. Unfortunately even using that I always find a lot of little delays like having to reposition yourself after a stasis blade taking precious seconds and many a times I feel like my shuriken miss enemies simply because of lag, but maybe thats just me.

The main problem is that because their damage isn't over the top, most of these classes can't rain damage on an enemy like fae, and since they aren't tanky melee like draco and candy barb they also can't just stand there and hit everything automagically either, it takes times and effort to make controlled attacks(except knight and gunslinger, wherein gunslinger can now basically just hover forever.)

For blast jump.. yes it can keep you in the air theoretically indefinitely but that almost isn't even an issue, jump generally only takes the place of health stats on gear so forgoing jump besides on the ring doesn't generally merit a damage increase or anything, to be honest even without using a single blast jump a gunslinger can stay airborne for a very long time right now. If anything I just find the skill "meh" and uninspired, like it just provides some more jumps as a way to waste energy.

This is what i tested all classes on lvl 39 with best shadow pets combos, tested on giants soloing and checking time it takes...
    Classes would go like this:

1 Fae trickster - cuz of decoy and BEST SINGLE target damage (only issue is bad AOE damage gliter bombs do 30% if normal atack damage and knocks monsters away)

2 Candy barbarian - cuz of healing and can fight big crowds of enemies lower damage than magic type classes

3 Dracolite - it only gets 3rd place if he has prowling shadow pet

4 Gunslinger - cuz of new ability to stay in the air if you have enuf energy you will never hit the ground and can kill all melee enemies easy

5 Knight - cuz of ultimate healing but not much survivability in between only if you have prowling shadow but then you are missing alot of damage

6 Shadow hunter - eneryone says its OP but if you will use the stun skill nonstop you will not have enuf time to do high damage with charge atacks on death marks + really anoying knockbacks

7 Ice sage - only 7th place cuz no strong long lasting survivability shield breaks after 1 strong hit orther smaller hits you just take in

8 Neon ninja - even then you master ninja survivability (stun and stay 2 blocks away to hit and not get hit yourself) you will do low dmg and hard to go rotations in small areas

[...]Unfortunately even using that I always find a lot of little delays like having to reposition yourself after a stasis blade taking precious seconds and many a times I feel like my shuriken miss enemies simply because of lag, but maybe thats just me.[...]

For blast jump.. yes it can keep you in the air theoretically indefinitely but that almost isn't even an issue, jump generally only takes the place of health stats on gear so forgoing jump besides on the ring doesn't generally merit a damage increase or anything, to be honest even without using a single blast jump a gunslinger can stay airborne for a very long time right now. If anything I just find the skill "meh" and uninspired, like it just provides some more jumps as a way to waste energy.
    Regarding the NN actually it takes the same kind of repositioning as a Fae when you use the Stasis Blade and you don't really need to tank or run away to play the class to be fair, just stay outside enemy range where they can't hit you and you won't have a problem aiming your Shurikens and Ultimate as well.
    Without Blast Jump yes you can still stay mid-air but without aoe damage that keeps aggro and while stopping energy regen quite often (having more backup health regen when you are fighting ranged is always a good thing).

Quote Originally Posted by Snufler View Post
    This is what i tested all classes on lvl 39 with best shadow pets combos, tested on giants soloing and checking time it takes...
    Classes would go like this:[...]
    To be honest rather than a "time it takes" ranking from the results this seems more a personal thing because many seem really off, not that there is anything wrong with making a personal ranking but the introduction is a bit misleading.

Several other classes do things well and are fun, but they are all outperformed by the following three classes.

Fae - the single target dmg output is almost broken with chronomancer pet out
    Draco - with prowling shadow pet, the class has almost broken survivability with high aoe dmg.
    Candy Barb - the general ease of this class with high dmg and survivability can't be ignored. More so with rapt berserker for more dmg with high energy gen to spin non stop.

I can't consider any list serious without Draco being listed on it.
    Maledictam
    Have a question? Feel free to ask me!

Please consider using my referral code: YDX6NJ97YTH2H2FJN2DD

Also, when it comes to solo wise, Ice sage is the most disadvantaged, try solo'ing saloon mayor with teleport ability in u5, lol, every other class seems to solo just fine in u5, atleast my vids say so.

Quote Originally Posted by Zipperumpazoo View Post
    Regarding the NN actually it takes the same kind of repositioning as a Fae when you use the Stasis Blade and you don't really need to tank or run away to play the class to be fair, just stay outside enemy range where they can't hit you and you won't have a problem aiming your Shurikens and Ultimate as well.
    Without Blast Jump yes you can still stay mid-air but without aoe damage that keeps aggro and while stopping energy regen quite often (having more backup health regen when you are fighting ranged is always a good thing).

To be honest rather than a "time it takes" ranking from the results this seems more a personal thing because many seem really off, not that there is anything wrong with making a personal ranking but the introduction is a bit misleading.
    My list is with damage because if you take prowling shadow or shielded servitor every class, i mean EVERY class can do good BUT class that do good damage AND survive easily is best class. For example was doing U5 dungeon farm with candy barbarian (with berserk) is x1,5-2 times faster than dracolite (with prowling shadow and not being archane flask addict ^_^) and survivability is easy on both kinda same...

Quote Originally Posted by Snufler View Post
    My list is with damage because if you take prowling shadow or shielded servitor every class, i mean EVERY class can do good BUT class that do good damage AND survive easily is best class. For example was doing U5 dungeon farm with candy barbarian (with berserk) is x1,5-2 times faster than dracolyte (with prowling shadow and not being arcane flask addict ^_^) and survivability is easy on both kinda same...
    Even if based only on raw damage and survivability that list seems still off though.

+ Reply to Thread