+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Strongest/Most Exciting Class in Trove

Strongest/Most Exciting Class in Trove

What class do you think is the best? (In your opinion) I'm looking for the top 3 most exciting and fun to play classes and a different top 3 of the strongest and if you can another top 3 with a mixture of both strength and fun. I'm looking to buy the Shadow Hunter but I want to have fun while also doing decent damage. Thanks!

personally i think fae is still the best class, but my top 3 are fae, shadow hunter, and candy barb in that order.
    Check out our Trove video tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/gamesguts
    BR? http://www.youtube.com/gamesgutsbrasil
    Take a look at our club, The Trovians. ID: 8954495474117597530

Knight or bust.
    IGN: LippyLapras | Reddit: LippyLapras | Trove Creations Reddit

Fae
    Candy Barb
    Shadow Hunter

Neon ninja all the way!!!

Water Wizard

WT93TD3FZ7JCR7P2NFX2 Referral Code for cute lowbiez that want free Class Coin.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
    Fae
    Candy Barb
    Shadow Hunter
    This +1.

Ain't no other ranking anymore legit than this.
    Mastery 100

I Level 40 Candy Barbarian I Level 40 Fae Trickster I Level 40 Shadow Hunter I

My Shop: http://forums.trovegame.com/showthre...5-Sol-s-Bazaar

Sky Giant Farming Community: http://forums.trovegame.com/showthre...-Farming-Group

Fun is in the eye of the beholder, but if I had to rate classes in terms of their damage and soloing ability it'd be something like..

Yeah okay I wrote a text wall, sue me.
    1. Fae/Candy Barb - Easily the best two classes in the game.. still. Fae excels at single target but suffers in groups, candy barb is the opposite and their damage output is kinda "meh" against one target but multiplies based on the number of enemies. If anything their best strength is being able to heal essentially indefinitely in most cases.
    2. Dracolyte - Great AoE damage but they don't have any reliable sort of healing mechanism, since they do get hit like any other melee range class. The prowling shadow pet helps a lot with this weakness so they can keep themselves up without having to chug potions.
    3. Ice Sage - I had to rate ice sage lower than drac just because they take a lot of effort to do the same thing. Their damage is decent when you actually hit targets with ice crash, but its hard to balance slowing enemies with damaging them. Big chill makes them super useful in group situations since it literally multiplies damage.
    4. Gunslinger/Knight/Ninja/Hunter - Then we have everyone else, unfortunately they each have significant problems that makes them "meh" for being very effective compared to the other classes. I'll list those reasons below.
    • Gunslinger: Used to be god-awful, the change to keep them in the air and free charge shots has given them a bit more life, they have some survivability now and a decent escape mechanic. Unfortunately the class just brings "dull" to the table, blast jump is almost totally useless still due to the gameplay style, and overall the gunslinger's damage is subpar to the higher rated classes.
    • Knight: Poor knights, if anything their biggest issue is that they are just worse versions of the candy barbarian. They have a bit more health I believe, and their ultimate triggers instantly unlike barb's, but their damage doesn't compare to spin to win and they lack a constant ability based regen like barb has with their swirlwind candies.
    • Ninja: Ninja if I have to say anything, is a very fun class, but they pay a lot of tax for that. Their damage is mediocre, in fact all four of these classes share about the same damage potential really. Ninja can do decent damage when they are on target but unfortunately is hampered by mechanics. Shuriken can be awkward to aim, particularly in groups and seem buggy at times, and if you miss then ninja loses a LOT of their damage potential. The class relies heavily on you keeping targets stunlocked with stasis blade, so even taking down a few enemies needs some manuevering room and it can take a very long time to whittle enemies down, especially groups. On the bright side ninja with even moderate energy regen can basically stunlock enemies forever as long as they don't get hit.
    • Shadow hunter: Shadow hunter is plagued by having really broken stat requirements among other things. The class almost doesn't seem to have an ideal way to do things. For instance the only way to solo harder enemies without standing on something is to constantly stunlock with sun snare. Sun snare is very expensive energy wise so you need an extreme amount of regen(generally max on weapon and a decent amount on ring) to be able to lock down enemies and avoid that painful u5 damage. Unfortunately assuming that you even manage to stunlock enemies you then are left with more energy starvation issues, you end up either having to only use left mouse attack(which is single target and highly reliant on your attack speed) and weave in charged shots. The problem here is that even standing on a ledge shooting one target the shadow hunter's damage is in my opinion, rather pitiful. A fae can literally kill a giant in 1/3 the time and with almost no effort, the class is very dependant on you having good gear and it doesn't really seem to know if it wants you to focus on charge shots or on sun snare spamming.
    Basically at the end of the day, thems the cards we've been dealt at the moment. I will point out that if a hunter focuses on just throwing sun snares they can stunlock quite a few enemies for potentially an unlimited amount of time. In that way I guess they can be useful in arena or in a group of friends, but their damage output in that scenario comes close to pitiful. Their aoe damage is very reliant on lining targets up, something very hard to do in practice, especially in cramped spaces.

Nothing beats draco in AoE damage, mow down groups of enemies at the same time.

Most exciting would be neon ninja, but it isn't really strong.

I've always loved Draco. Fire is always exciting.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast