+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trove for the Nintendo Switch?

Question Trove for the Nintendo Switch?

I actually wanted to post this thread earlier but I'm always self-conscious about flooding the forum so I waited awhile. Trove has been on Xbox One and PS4 for some time now. Now, however, the Switch is out and it's getting close to its 3 month mark.

Now of course unlike with the other two consoles there's things to consider. First is the whole docking and undocking the hybrid. I'm not going to pretend I'm a programmer but I do know that currently Microsoft's Minecraft has issues switching resolution between the two modes. So it makes me wonder if Trove would have other issues.

I also can't see Trion considering it unless there's a good chance of profit. I don't know how much they make off of PS4 and Xbox One's versions but those two most likely have similar if not the same coding. The switch would have to be different if for no other reason than optimization. And if the servers on the consoles are bad then I don't know if I could recommend them taking that step when there's more important issues at hand.

But what are you guy's opinions? I know for some people the Switch is a bit of a sensitive topic so just in case I'll say let's keep this peaceful. Also apologies if the Devs have answered this before.

(Fun Fact of the day. I googled it and there was topic of this back in October and I replied to it. I have AWFUL memory. Anyways there's no reason to necro it. We have more information on the device now anyways)

This would be a good idea EXEPT trion wants $, and not many people have gotten the Nintendo switch. If it had a bigger fan base I think it would be considered. But, I support this idea as well!

Quote Originally Posted by gaugekelley1 View Post
    This would be a good idea EXEPT trion wants $, and not many people have gotten the Nintendo switch. If it had a bigger fan base I think it would be considered. But, I support this idea as well!
    It would take a long time to make anyways and I imagine that once demand stabilizes and the Holidays have passed A LOT more people will have them. They did release them during the worst month after all and still sold a lot.

I'm not convinced it's a good idea. They clearly don't have the budget to support multiple systems properly when we see that all systems have had issues, the PC has had 1 patch in the past 2 months and them streaming a console version a while ago was just absolutely terrible and the switch has less performance than those consoles. It also sounds like they've purposefully given the server performance a lower priority than finishing megalithic which is completely ridiculous. If the team were more capable and they could not use up existing resources to do it, then trove would be a reasonable fit for the switch with its style, but that doesn't appear to be the case and it doesn't seem like trove is as successful as trion wanted it to be. Things were progressing much better before they focused on other platforms and I don't really want it to get any worse.

On the topic of the switch, I will say that even though the switch's 720p disappointed me originally when hearing about it, though since it's not in a good enough place atm I got a Wii U instead and I have actually been impressed with the 480p display (looks like an IPS variant to me), although do find it a little redundant compared to how the switch handles it.

Agreeing with fruitie here.

Not much to say actually. It's a viable idea, but we'll have to be waiting until servers on all platforms get stabilised. That is, if they have sufficient funds for it and they can manage that many platforms for Trove at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trion Worlds View Post
    In the future™ Soon™

but 10+ million switchs have been sold so far

Are u dumb blad

Trion you bes bring trove to the switch it has been out for nearly a year or so and i play trove all day every day on ps4 and thats all i spend my money on i will **** your nan if you dont bring it to switch thank you for listening 👍😂😂😂😜

Quote Originally Posted by drayman69terry View Post
    Trion you bes bring trove to the switch it has been out for nearly a year or so and i play trove all day every day on ps4 and thats all i spend my money on i will **** your nan if you dont bring it to switch thank you for listening 👍😂😂😂😜

Don't necro FFS. They can't even get this ****ty game to perform on the platforms they have so why in the hell would Nintendo want this on the Switch?

+ Reply to Thread