+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Melty Ice isn't filling an area

Melty Ice isn't filling an area

I placed a single layer of melty ice blocks over a large area. Not a space was left empty; the melty ice filled the entire layer. Then I activated all of it while jumping around pressing E on them to activate the groups of ice. The water flow started, it was beautiful.

Many areas melted straight down to the ground like they are supposed to... others stopped half way or even one block down.

Some spots started to "fill" more when I was near them, but now even when I move around no more water flows.

It is stuck that way hours later.

Screenshot:

Any idea on how to make the water fall without having to rebuild the whole melty ice layer?

I am aware that in order to have the gravity of actual water I would have to fill the entire zone solid with melty ice blocks; I do not want that and only desire the water to fall down from above over the area.
    Attached Images

Fix for your problem

There is a easy yet tedious way to do so. I'll try to explain it via poorly typed up diagrams.

Assume A is a block of water, B is a random block, and _ being the ground.

So your current situation should be like this, if I'm understanding you correctly.

A
    A
    A
    A

___

To fix this, do this.

A
    A
    A
    AB

__

Simply put, place a block next to the lowest block of your water column, and this will force the water block to update, and continue falling downwards to the ground.

I believe your problem happens when you are too far away from the liquid, making it non longer render and thus 'freezing' it. So to avoid similar problems in the future, perhaps try doing it in a few goes, instead of all at once.

Edit: In case it wasn't obvious, you can remove the block afterwards. I recommend using scaffolding blocks for easy cleanup.

Thank you I was able to fix it with some help from my friends. I think you are right that we activated too many too quickly while moving away from them.

For future reference for others with this issue: Some of us fully replaced melty blocks, some used scaffolding at the top of where the water was frozen to "reset it." Often resetting one would fix another adjacent to it.

+ Reply to Thread