+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Suggestions to buff empowered gem abilities (volatile velocity)

  1. #1
    Senior Member Craftsman42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Magrathea
    Posts
    351

    Suggestions to buff empowered gem abilities (volatile velocity)

    So I've been thinking recently about some empowered gem abilities that are outclassed by other abilities, and one that stuck out to me was Volatile Velocity. The description says that it increases the shot speed of any projectile. Personally, I don't see how that's useful (and if it is, let me know.) It doesn't increase attack speed or damage output from what I've seen. Unless it increases the range of projectile attacks (which even if it does seems kind of pointless since you need to be close enough to get loot), there is no point in using this ability.

    Generally, classes that fight using projectiles are slowed immensely if there is a wall of enemies between you and your target. So then I thought "What if the Volatile Velocity gem allows projectiles to pierce through enemies?" If you had the gem, then you could shoot through enemies and still damage your target, which makes the gem infinitely more useful. Something like that might be a bit OP, so I could see a possible damage reduction on shots if they pierce through enemies. However, this gem would still be useless for classes that don't use projectiles, as is the nature of the beast. Does that sound like a fair buff for the gem, or is it useful enough as it is and I don't know about it?
    To modify Christina Perri's Jar of Hearts, "My arteries explode from the salt inside my soul, so cut the RNG, before it ruins me."

  2. #2
    Senior Member vizthex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    259
    Only good ability is Pyrodisc, they need to make the rest half-decent...
    I'm Mastery 395 (Was 450+ before patch) and got ALL classes to 10.5k+. That's about all you need to know about me in Trove.
    Main is SH, got 21,560 PR on it
    I use Rev in ST's 20,814 on him.
    Yeah that's about it...
    Mastery 20 and want a Class Coin? Click here! http://tinyurl.com/glo4f2l
    PS: IGN is vizthex if you wanted to know.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Kirkland, WA
    Posts
    27
    To me, it always seemed like the Voliate Velocity Gem increased the distance of my ranged attacks. Not too sure about that though

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by vizthex View Post
    Only good ability is Pyrodisc, they need to make the rest half-decent...
    How is the pyrodisc good for GS? SH? Fae? Sage? These classes (except for fae) usually attack from a distance. Pyrodisc is useless to them.
    Imo, best is EE and Cubic (especially cubic for fae is it keeps the multiplier running)

  5. #5
    Senior Member Cicasajt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Higgs field
    Posts
    1,273
    Removing them would be even better
    Quote Originally Posted by Twixler View Post
    T.T cries quietly

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Bathhouse in 1984
    Posts
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by DooDeLzZz View Post
    How is the pyrodisc good for GS? SH? Fae? Sage? These classes (except for fae) usually attack from a distance. Pyrodisc is useless to them.
    Even though these classes attack at a distance, pyrodisc goes give a generous range and is quite useful for every class while farming in order to both help clear out mobs that may otherwise swarm you, and to enable you to move faster. In fact, pyrodisc is especially useful on SH to allow it to continuously kill and move at a fast pace. Just because a class is ranged doesn't mean that having a close safety net is useless.

    PC main for speed runs, CB/IS/LL secondaries
    Obligatory refer-a-friend code for the free class coin: 2JWGG99ZJWDHPC3N9CME
    Happy to help with ST clears on mondays and fridays, but no ninja invites~

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Bathhouse in 1984
    Posts
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by Craftsman42 View Post
    If you had the gem, then you could shoot through enemies and still damage your target, which makes the gem infinitely more useful. Something like that might be a bit OP, so I could see a possible damage reduction on shots if they pierce through enemies. However, this gem would still be useless for classes that don't use projectiles, as is the nature of the beast. Does that sound like a fair buff for the gem, or is it useful enough as it is and I don't know about it?
    I think you're right about the lack of utility for volatile velocity: the only use I've noticed is that it helps extend the range of kiting on some classes since you can shoot and back away a bit better, but even then, I don't see a huge difference in actual projectile speed. The kind of buff you're suggesting sounds interesting, but would probably render some classes insanely overpowered against multitargets (such as ult pin), since it would allow AoE hits to also gain an additional pierce damage.Overall though, it would be really nice if many of the gem abilities were raised to properly scale with gameplay; something like stinging curse could also really use a boost given that it deals negligible damage (deals an almighty 300 dps against a boss with 200m HP).

    PC main for speed runs, CB/IS/LL secondaries
    Obligatory refer-a-friend code for the free class coin: 2JWGG99ZJWDHPC3N9CME
    Happy to help with ST clears on mondays and fridays, but no ninja invites~

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    14
    The only use I see for it is neon ninja shuriken. During your emblems, during shadow tower. And it's only use is so you can hit more than one throw during your emblems.

    But some of the time the increased speed causes it to not work at all

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    316
    Quote Originally Posted by Aspidersthread View Post
    Even though these classes attack at a distance, pyrodisc goes give a generous range and is quite useful for every class while farming in order to both help clear out mobs that may otherwise swarm you, and to enable you to move faster. In fact, pyrodisc is especially useful on SH to allow it to continuously kill and move at a fast pace. Just because a class is ranged doesn't mean that having a close safety net is useless.
    I hate pyrodisc - and not for the damage it gives, but for the graphics. It makes it hard to see where you're going when the camera gets under your char. Now Explosive Epilogue, there's a keeper.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    685
    Quote Originally Posted by Awestacular View Post
    I hate pyrodisc - and not for the damage it gives, but for the graphics. It makes it hard to see where you're going when the camera gets under your char. Now Explosive Epilogue, there's a keeper.
    Then this mod could be helpful for you:
    https://trovesaurus.com/mod=3495/mod...arent-pyrodisk

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts