+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Small request for dragons.

Small request for dragons.

With every 5 or so dragons added, the amount of coins you gain from challenges should be increased. There will become a point where there will be so many dragons that new players will have a nightmare grinding for them all, so increasing the coin rewards from challenges will be a good way to help these newer players out.

Thoughts?

I think this a fair and great suggestion. Tbh I think newer players are in over their heads. I had problems with dragon coins, the only reason I don't have an IMMEDIATE problem is because I was able to buy some GDC with the credits I got from mod acceptance. I think that there should be a GDC drop while adventuring, but about half the chances of CC, maybe some drop rate of GCC. At least make it so dragon coins drop at random. You cannot get all the dragon coins needed for every dragon without spending $$$, it is way to time consuming. Didnt mean to highjack the thread.

Tldr; I agree, and there should be a way to grind for dragon coins

I agree, the coin grind for newer / returning players is way too much. Too little coins for this many dragons. When I came back I had a hard time catching up on dragons alone, I know that the devs want money and all but with the amount of dragons getting accepted/introduced I think this idea is fair to everyone.

| IGN: qbz | Mastery 400+ | 21k+ Gun Slinger |

As someone kinda playing a little more, I find I have over 1000 dragon coins and no eggs ( that do not require 27 more Heart of Darkness.)

either way, good times...

You can get like 300 DC per week without spending flux buying credit pouches for GDC or flash GDC/Dragon coin deals and dragon coin tome and cubits for dragon coins(not worth)

as a new player you aren't supposed to unlock every dragon in first month...

Quote Originally Posted by Novuhz View Post
    You can get like 300 DC per week without spending flux buying credit pouches for GDC or flash GDC/Dragon coin deals and dragon coin tome and cubits for dragon coins(not worth)

as a new player you aren't supposed to unlock every dragon in first month...
    How many players do every single challenge, every single day? Especially new players

Quote Originally Posted by gaugekelley1 View Post
    How many players do every single challenge, every single day? Especially new players
    Doing 5 challenges per day in a week gets you around 183 DC(without counting getting rares only karma) + DC tome 25 + (if you want to use cubits on DC 35 to 105) = 313 DC and without cubits 208 DC all this in 1 week. If you use everything that is available to you, you can get +3 dragons per month.
    Then you also have ways of using flux to buy credit pouches to buy DC/GDC flash deals.

Quote Originally Posted by Novuhz View Post
    Doing 5 challenges per day in a week gets you around 183 DC(without counting getting rares only karma) + DC tome 25 + (if you want to use cubits on DC 35 to 105) = 313 DC and without cubits 208 DC all this in 1 week. If you use everything that is available to you, you can get +3 dragons per month.
    Then you also have ways of using flux to buy credit pouches to buy DC flash deals.
    Remove the dragon coin time away from that, it is 170k, new players will not get that enough flux quick enough. 3,900 dragon coins to get every dragon excluding soul dragons and primordial. Thats 22 weeks(rounded up from 21.3). Thats ABOUT 6 months to get all the dragons excluding soul dragons and primordial. Beginner luck ALWAYS strikes, so we can count on 1 DDE. I'm too lazy to do that math

Quote Originally Posted by gaugekelley1 View Post
    Remove the dragon coin time away from that, it is 170k, new players will not get that enough flux quick enough. 3,900 dragon coins to get every dragon excluding soul dragons and primordial. Thats 22 weeks(rounded up from 21.3). Thats ABOUT 6 months to get all the dragons excluding soul dragons and primordial. Beginner luck ALWAYS strikes, so we can count on 1 DDE. I'm too lazy to do that math
    I don't see how that's a bad thing. You shouldn't expect getting into a MMORPG and get everything in half a year. Dragons aren't even that mandatory, gems outstat dragons so badly it's not even funny x3 even mastery is more important than dragons

it's basically the same thing how will new players reach +500 mastery lvl cap when it comes? Things take their time. Mastery %damage buff is much more important than dragons. So you'd want a new player to reach mastery cap in 6 months or less? Mastery > Dragons except for the attack speed dragons.

If a player makes real effort in getting dragons they can get +5 dragons per month if they make flux to buy credit pouches to use on the flash deals. I remember when I quit this game long time ago... came back and only had 1 dragon and barely any flux and there was +13 dragons but I got them all in 2 months, this was before challenge buffs. It's all about the effort and how efficient you want to be to progress fast.

Fact: You don't even need every dragon in game to get in top 100 Dotm for purple name, just the most important ones like the attack speed ones. But you do need to have somewhat high mastery or capped mastery to get the max % damage bonus.

I think the other thing to consider is that for most dragons you need more than just the 300 dragon coins, and getting those materials as a new player takes a non-negligible amount of time. For ludini, even though it's only 200 coins, you'd still need 5 dormant block eggs, which go for about 500k now, a price that new player won't be able to reach all that quickly (and if you would argue that they can reach it easily, then it would be even easier since they could just go buy golden eggs). Same deal for erimatra and yorinn (and yorinn, erel, and selene also cost a week's worth of cubits anyway). The only dragons that are easily obtainable would probably be the ones from the farmable fragments, but even for those, it takes much more time to obtain at lower ubers. As such, I don't think the current rate is unreasonable.

PC main for speed runs, CB/IS/LL secondaries
    Obligatory refer-a-friend code for the free class coin: 2JWGG99ZJWDHPC3N9CME
    Happy to help with ST clears on mondays and fridays, but no ninja invites~

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast