+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Option to skip dungeons for timed runs?

Option to skip dungeons for timed runs?

Hey, so this might be an issue that only affects a relatively small portion of players, but would it be possible for there to be an option to skip the shadow dungeons that lead up to the daughter of the moon to allow for consecutive timed runs? The price for this option could be raised from the 500 flux to say 5k, and it could also be set such that the box at the end of dotm could not be opened, while the time of the run is still recorded. I think this type of feature would be beneficial for both promoting competition for speedruns, in allowing for individuals who may not have established reputations to more easily create groups for running, as well as eliminating the incentive to use dungeon skipping mechanisms.

PC main for speed runs, CB/IS/LL secondaries
    Obligatory refer-a-friend code for the free class coin: 2JWGG99ZJWDHPC3N9CME
    Happy to help with ST clears on mondays and fridays, but no ninja invites~

so what ur trying to say is -

remove all the floors and just bring to the boss room? for a timed run?
    i liek.
    gud.
    +1
    You say life's overrated, I say it's complicated.

Life is just a STD which has 100% mortality rate, and the cure for life is Death.

Life ends soon, but death comes even more sooner.

What if we are living like SaO and this is a virtual world?

What if i'm dead, and this is my 9th life?

We may never know.

Do not see this happening. First complaint will be why should my timed runs going threw the whole tower be knocked down with someone only doing the boss non stop. I totally understand how easy it would be and it sounds cool but I can not see a short cut happening. Maybe with the shadow tower update coming they will have some new twist like this in mind. We will see.

Refer a Friend Link under master 20 only for free class coin.
    or use this code JYRRE66HHRPQHX9Y7FFM

Quote Originally Posted by Kuanyin View Post
    First complaint will be why should my timed runs going threw the whole tower be knocked down with someone only doing the boss non stop.
    The incentive I alluded to was the fact that this is already happening, and a change like this would even the playing field a bit.

So what you are telling me is some people are already skipping to the boss only on shadow towers. If this is possible get back to me and I will be a voice for you on this. I look forward to your response.

Refer a Friend Link under master 20 only for free class coin.
    or use this code JYRRE66HHRPQHX9Y7FFM

*Maybe* if by doing so you also forfeited the chest at the end aswell as the souls you would have gotten for a regular completion, i could see this being a thing.
    IGN: Chronozilla | Mastery: 64,367 Tied for Rank 1 | Total Power Rank: 281,296 | Alpha Conqueror | New Daily System Problem | Trion Support
    Effort over Timegates! | Heart-a-Phones Received: 567 | Heart-a-Phones Sent: 678 | Flask Cooldown Issue | Notes for Returning Players
    Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    Thanks for saving my bacon, Chronozilla.

I completely agree with this even though i am still a little off from speed running. I dont see why it shouldn't be a thing if the souls & chest are not obtainable by using the skip function, That way it cant be abused by players that just want to be lazy and go straight to the room to get quick souls at the start of the week.
    +1 on the suggestion

Under 20 mastery? Thinking about changing classes but don't have enough cores? Go here - https://trovelive.trionworlds.com/co...m-voucher-flow. And type in my code - Q7XZ7NEN36W76QZWNZQD.
    Upon doing so you can add me in-game & i'll carry your st's for you whenever you need them as a thank you for being awesome!
    IGN - ChesneyHawkes

There's a better fix.

The reason he is asking for a option to skip the floors just to do timed runs is because of the spawn RNG of Dotm and how Cursed Skulls blocks projectiles, right now sometimes we have to speed run for hours till we get a good spawn.

Better option is to make the boss spawn always spawn in same place and remove the projectiles block from cursed skulls.

Id be fine with some sort of practice area to test your dps that you can time but dies not count as a clear at all. Personally I think wanting to skip to the boss is pretty lazy, especially when you consider that a full run now would've taken about the same time as a boss clear a few months ago. a game where you pick and choose to this extent just dumbs down gameplay. Given the option, the most people wouldn't grind if they had the choice, but removing it just makes the gameplay more meaningless. While I'm not completely happy with the way trove is implemented, it's a common MMO recipe that you have to clear through trash in order to get to what you want. If you can't spare the time to clear, then really you have no place to be in the top 100 anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuanyin View Post
    So what you are telling me is some people are already skipping to the boss only on shadow towers. If this is possible get back to me and I will be a voice for you on this. I look forward to your response.
    Precisely; this is already happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Novuhz View Post
    Better option is to make the boss spawn always spawn in same place and remove the projectiles block from cursed skulls.
    I agree, the suggestion was because I think it's more unlikely that they would do it since it would require a general fix for cursed skulls everywhere, while a separate option for dotm might be easier.

+ Reply to Thread