+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: What could truly make trove a better place?

Red face

I just turned around for a second and man, did you guys come up with cool additions!

It is perfectly clear now that the first 'addition' shouldn't be called addition but 'fix'. Before Trion will create anything new, they must fix the bugs, rubberbanding, servers and gameengine all by itself.

Now that that is out of the way, I absolutely adored some new ideas!

Class mounts.
    Similar to class gems, mounts unique to classes that when ridden gives some sort of unique play.
    These mounts should also have additional move speed, added stats to that specific class when on the 'mount', etc. to make them slightly better than normal mounts.
    But when riding the mount, you can activate a separate 'ult' that is unique to the class.
    For example, dino tamer's class mount could have a lasso that could hit a mob, do damage similar to stinging curse, and you could then drag the mob around.
    Chloromancer's class mount that would grow a tall vine and thrash the ground in random spots for mob damage + player heals.
    Gunslinger could have a turret that would remain stationary but becomes a gatling gun when activated.
    PC could ride a ghost ship that floats a few blocks above the ground (as a mount for land, not a 'real' ship) and the ult could allow it to summon undead pirate mobs from treasure isles.
    Ice sage's class mount could shield all players nearby which would give all players some damage protection and increase attack speed (similar to what the shield does for the ice sage) while the ice sage rides around on the mount still shooting with its staff.
    Knight mount could be a jousting horse which would have a large lance that has a dash that pierces mobs and does mediocore damage.
    I love everything you just said. This could be quite cool, IF done correctly. Now the design of the mount will most likely not be a problem... because lets be hones Trion Worlds hired some good artists for the mounts (granted, a lot of the mounts are Fan-creations)

Regarding clubs, I would LOVE to see club challenges.
    Not challenges that might first come to mind,
    But it would work like this way:
    Every month, there would be a challenge to give every member 'X special item' if they can meet the resources required.
    A table would be provided where players in the club would add resources.
    Amount of resources required for the unlock would change based on the amount of players in the club (but also have a minimum resource requirement so players could not simply (and easily) unlock these in their own personal club with no other members).
    Any club members would go to this table and add their resources.

So, if the requirements to complete the challenge are say 50k blocks + two heart of darkness + 5k shapestone, as players feed these items into this table, the number counts down, so everyone can see which items are left to contribute. Feed it all the items before the timer runs out and every member in the club gets the item they can claim.
    I wasn't exactly sure what to think of this idea at first, but I can totally see it being a thing. My club ironically got destroyed recently (please no discussing this), so it wouldn't make any difference for me... It still is very cool though!

There were also a LOT of ideas about the devs being more active in finding players, connecting with players, answer questions, and them being more active on the Forums... also there was a lot of request for more space for ideas and critics...

I totally agree with this and hope the devs add at least 1 or 2 extra people for tickets alone, as one of you suggested. That would make it less stressful for them and for the player less agitating.

thanks again for the support and cool ideas,

woutinator

Ps. please do submit more ideas: I highly doubt these were the only additions you guys could come up with! ;D

The Moon. Or in Front of the Computer.. :\
    A more complex combat system. Rather than hold M1 and mash abilities. Unless the simplicity of the system is what they were going for. I dunno. Just wanting something new that doesn't hype you up and then leave you behind when you realize it's very scarce and extremely RNG and you can easily get it by spending the cash created by the real world and then not wanting what you got becuz ****ty RNG and wanting to make a few flux but then realizing that almost everything of value is bound to you forever and loot collecting gives things not needed.

GIVE ME SOMETHING THATS ACTUALLY COOL! 5 WEEKS TRION! 5 WEEKS AND I DIDNT GET THE FIRE GEM BECAUSE THE RNG HATED ME! AAAAAAAAAAAH

Quote Originally Posted by Kuanyin View Post
    snip
    I agree with your general point here bud, but i dont think that sneaky little joke there is gonna sit well with the higher ups if they do bother with this thread.

And as an older player who was considering returning to this game, all these comments on the still present latency issue have made up my mind for me. Pretty sad its still an issue, hope they figure it out eventually.
    IGN: BestBardNA
    Quote Originally Posted by Avarem View Post
    If you ain't talkin' flux, I don't wanna talk.

Quote Originally Posted by dragolblaze View Post
    I agree with your general point here bud, but i dont think that sneaky little joke there is gonna sit well with the higher ups if they do bother with this thread.

And as an older player who was considering returning to this game, all these comments on the still present latency issue have made up my mind for me. Pretty sad its still an issue, hope they figure it out eventually.
    See this is just some of the stuff I mean. I am 48 and have never left and came back. I have put up with all the crap and changes. In the beginning we always used to talk and joke around and actually have constructive conversations. Now the forums are nothing but grammar police, trolls and just flat out negativity. As an older player who has never quit and supports this game 100% with patron+ maybe you should not comment on what other people will or will not like.

Refer a Friend Link under master 20 only for free class coin.
    or use this code JYRRE66HHRPQHX9Y7FFM

Quote Originally Posted by Kuanyin View Post
    See this is just some of the stuff I mean. I am 48 and have never left and came back. I have put up with all the crap and changes. In the beginning we always used to talk and joke around and actually have constructive conversations. Now the forums are nothing but grammar police, trolls and just flat out negativity. As an older player who has never quit and supports this game 100% with patron+ maybe you should not comment on what other people will or will not like.
    k

well you all provided good feedback about server and perfomance issues, this should be a priority

but what I really would like to see is more variation between the same class, be it from skill trees or that subclass they were talking about

now everyone is pretty much the same, wish even now would be easier for my draco to change from a dps spec into a tanky spec if the party needed, without spending regemerators and stuff like that

edit: i hope they get it right with those subclass stuff, to me it seems like you will choose a subclass and won´t be able to change it, that is very 1998 rpg stuff imo. With a changeable skill tree (like you have in your own Devillian) people could experiment better and change specs based on your needs like tanking, st dps, speed farm. Doesn´t even need to be a big skill tree, just some simple stuff to give your char some direction and specialization

+ Reply to Thread