+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What could truly make trove a better place?

Lightbulb What could truly make trove a better place?

Hi everybody,

I have wondered what a really good change to Trove could be... I have wondered about this since I started playing. I am not talking about new mounts, wings, loot or a variation of those. I am also not talking about adding extra features to existing concepts like the gem-system, more biomes, weapon ranks or Shadow Tower Bosses.

More dragons is an idea that sounds amazingly cool but the dragons are kind of worn off and only contribute to the Mastery rank of end-game players. Besides the Mastery it also adds more Magic Find which has to be nuanced in the way of making certain objects or weapon ranks more difficult to obtain. This gives new players a hard time in starting up and thus it actually isn't supporting the growth of the player base at all.

A complete new Shadow Tower Boss would do the same thing: the Towers become only accessable for end-game players. And because there are more Titan Souls to be obtained in one week, objects like Titan Treasure or Star Keys will become pricier. Same goes for adding new gems, Empowered Gems, Weapon Ranks and especially raising the maximum Mastery. Even New Classes are not original or fun to play anymore, the most recent class: the Dinotamer, is nothing more than a gunslinger combined with a Tombraiser, but that is a discussion for another day.

The point that I am trying to make is that the 'new content' we are given is in fact not only not new but is breaking the game. So I want to make this discussion as big as possible and ask you all two very important questions:

1. Do you think that end-game requests are actually breaking new gamers gameplay?

2. What could be a good addition to Trove that is truly new and doesn't break the gameplay (for now at least)?

Sincerely,

woutinator
    When life gives you lemons, make an incredible, voxel-style, action-RPG and call it Treasurechest!

better overall performance would be a nice start. This game runs terribly even on good PCs, compared to other more impressive looking games.

I've never played an online game / MMO that had more crashing, disconnecting, lagging, and rubberbanding problems then Trove.
    IGN: VoltRabbit Officer of: Garden of Wool

Console needs performance fixes.

It's been a really long time, easily over a year, since i stopped playing this game. But from what I remember, the combat system was way too uninteresting for me, and the building system was nothing to be amazed at either. As cliche as it may be, i think a proper skill tree for each class would massively improve player interest. It would definitely have gotten Trion a couple more bucks outta my wallet.
    IGN: BestBardNA
    Quote Originally Posted by Avarem View Post
    If you ain't talkin' flux, I don't wanna talk.

1. better performance
    2. less time gating
    3. more transparency from the developers

Make our time worth it's so annoying and frustrating when you spend lot of hours grinding for absolutly nothing well "dust" i have farmed 1k of each biome lot of times and got no worth gem also empowered gem boxes need a karma bar and you must allow us to re-roll 1 stat per gem just 1 time per gem and make it expesive to make sure ppl think before rolling a gem, and for sure cgame performance sux so hard so improve it and lag

Quote Originally Posted by TheLazyCanadian View Post
    more transparency from the developers
    This is the main thing we need. I feel like they don't respond to some forum posts as often as they should, esp the ones that challenge them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ointment View Post
    This is the main thing we need. I feel like they don't respond to some forum posts as often as they should, esp the ones that challenge them.
    even if they do its completely vague even from the devstream questions "interesting" "thats a good question".. what are those supposed to even mean?

Quote Originally Posted by TheLazyCanadian View Post
    1. better performance
    2. less time gating
    This ^
    And also less RNG on collectables, and instead allow players to have progression towards collectables.
    I have gotten one aura drop my entire time on Trove (nearing two years now).
    Regarding Talismans, I have not seen a single one since they came out. Months of farming, 0 drops. Not fun.
    It was a great step to add dragonite for those who could never pull a DDE. Sadly we have no equivalent for talismans.
    Waiting for RNG to bless us, or being forced to spend millions of flux on the market makes it no fun. Reminds me of waiting near the phone for a phone call you may or may not get.

Same for Ganda. Players should be allowed to purchase it at the golden ship for a lot of fragments of wonders.

Fix of the weekly challenges to allow more than just a handful of players to get light and dark chaos chests. Perhaps more ways to earn them (tome?).

I want to be able to enter holes that are smaller than 3 blocks wide without my character clipping over to the other side.

+ Reply to Thread