+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Depth Charge Event Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Rosain View Post
    Yo... AFK farms aren't fun, and neither is playing trove? Is there anything they can do that entertains you?
    What's the goal of trove? Let me answer that for you, kill mobs in dungeons to get loot,
    For this event, the Trove team has created a number of brand new NPC which actually look pretty cool if you ask me. They have asked you to run around killing these enemies to get loot wait, do we see a resemblance here? It's fair that your opinion of this current event is that it isn't fun, however maybe instead of complaining maybe you could make a suggestion on what you think would be fun because this event is literally the same goal as trove.
    When they've created an event with the same or similar goals as the game itself what more could you ask for?
    First off, these mobs are not new. Second, a lot of people expect events to be special and take away from the usual grind.

My feedback:
    I like that the tasks are at least somewhat related to event/story given. Rather than just have us kill any old thing, we're at least killing specific things in specific places. I don't like that it was just back and forth mine and kill, mine and kill. I did expect the kill counts to not be shared, as they haven't been in the past. However, I did find a couple times when I was just running from the spawn, not killing anything, my count did increase with other people's kills.
    Rather than just having "keep killing different things until you find me", they could have had us follow some clues or something. I'd like to see the quest text direct us, maybe have some kind of riddle to solve. They could have had it be "mine ore until you find my note" and make it a random drop within X ore mined. And if they have to do a kills quest, they should at least spread them out over more zones. They could even go as far as having special worlds setup for these things: Let clubs place an "event portal" that will take them to the club's event world and restrict it to clubmates and friends like the poor forgotten Sky Realm.

There's ANOTHER typo.
    Screenshot_154.png

Quote Originally Posted by Ondrashek06 View Post
    There's ANOTHER typo.
    Attachment 4094
    It's not a typo, the person who wrote it was just thinking deeply when typing it- "Ok, so it's infini-ummmmmm"
    Cacti are cool. Yeah.

ok seeing the quests and the rewards seems like Iīll skip this one

but is there anyway to remove that huge box since I donīt want it anymore? If thereīs no way to remove I might aswell do it since I donīt want that thing covering like 1/4 of my screen for another 2 weeks

Yo... AFK farms aren't fun, and neither is playing trove? Is there anything they can do that entertains you?
    What's the goal of trove? Let me answer that for you, kill mobs in dungeons to get loot,
    For this event, the Trove team has created a number of brand new NPC which actually look pretty cool if you ask me. They have asked you to run around killing these enemies to get loot wait, do we see a resemblance here? It's fair that your opinion of this current event is that it isn't fun, however maybe instead of complaining maybe you could make a suggestion on what you think would be fun because this event is literally the same goal as trove.
    When they've created an event with the same or similar goals as the game itself what more could you ask for?
    10 lasermancy, 2 MS, 5 PR, 10 MR ally is just poor in every way. Although more dragonite is always nice, the event was monotone, uncreative and unrewarding. I did write more, but forum issues...

I agree, I *barely* managed to finish it.
    I'm Mastery 300+ and got ALL classes to 5k+. That's about all you need to know about me in Trove.
    Main is SH, got 19,661 PR on it
    I use Rev in ST's 18,244 on him.
    Yeah that's about it...
    Mastery 20 and want a Class Coin? Click here! http://tinyurl.com/glo4f2l
    PS: IGN is vizthex if you wanted to know.

Don't forget Lag..

Quote Originally Posted by PowerDj View Post
    It's not a Trove questline without a typo!
    Months and months later.. the lag still persists... 150mb line .. only game I can't
    Play is Trove. Now, trying to do any quests with this lag is nigh impossible I loved
    Trove but now after several years the lag just bites and bites, more and more and
    for months now is unplayable for me... fark events... fix the damn ISP/Server ****!

It's been waaaaaayyyyy too long now...

100 bots killing for 5 Chaos Chest? and with this laaags
    noway this time not with me^^

Quote Originally Posted by Pennry View Post
    First off, these mobs are not new. Second, a lot of people expect events to be special and take away from the usual grind.

My feedback:
    I like that the tasks are at least somewhat related to event/story given. Rather than just have us kill any old thing, we're at least killing specific things in specific places. I don't like that it was just back and forth mine and kill, mine and kill. I did expect the kill counts to not be shared, as they haven't been in the past. However, I did find a couple times when I was just running from the spawn, not killing anything, my count did increase with other people's kills.
    Rather than just having "keep killing different things until you find me", they could have had us follow some clues or something. I'd like to see the quest text direct us, maybe have some kind of riddle to solve. They could have had it be "mine ore until you find my note" and make it a random drop within X ore mined. And if they have to do a kills quest, they should at least spread them out over more zones. They could even go as far as having special worlds setup for these things: Let clubs place an "event portal" that will take them to the club's event world and restrict it to clubmates and friends like the poor forgotten Sky Realm.
    Aren't they new? Well, I apologise this is my first time seeing the steambots from my memory so I had just assumed that they were new.

While I understand that many people feel like events should take away from the usual grind, I won't exactly say they should or shouldn't. I'm just trying to say that this specific poster should instead of complaining offer some constructive feedback such as what you have done. Trion don't have all the answers and if a person has a problem they should at least try and provide constructive feedback instead of a post just complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by fruitie View Post
    10 lasermancy, 2 MS, 5 PR, 10 MR ally is just poor in every way. Although more dragonite is always nice, the event was monotone, uncreative and unrewarding. I did write more, but forum issues...
    Sure, you have a valid point. However, take into consideration this is just an event that's been thrown at us to keep us a little busy, if you take a look back we've had some really rewarding events (at least, in my opinion, they were rewarding) in recent history during major holiday seasons.
    This event has been dropped not long after a minor holiday season and held no relation to it at all. So should it really be super rewarding? If trion gave us super rewarding, detailed questlines during the offseasons don't you think they would have far less time on their hands to provide us with actual good content such as dragons, griffons, llamas, costumes, etc?

Aren't they new? Well, I apologise this is my first time seeing the steambots from my memory so I had just assumed that they were new.

While I understand that many people feel like events should take away from the usual grind, I won't exactly say they should or shouldn't. I'm just trying to say that this specific poster should instead of complaining offer some constructive feedback such as what you have done. Trion don't have all the answers and if a person has a problem they should at least try and provide constructive feedback instead of a post just complaining.

Sure, you have a valid point. However, take into consideration this is just an event that's been thrown at us to keep us a little busy, if you take a look back we've had some really rewarding events (at least, in my opinion, they were rewarding) in recent history during major holiday seasons.
    This event has been dropped not long after a minor holiday season and held no relation to it at all. So should it really be super rewarding? If trion gave us super rewarding, detailed questlines during the offseasons don't you think they would have far less time on their hands to provide us with actual good content such as dragons, griffons, llamas, costumes, etc?
    The mobs are from the Desert Frontier. And most people don't consider "dragons, griffons, llamas, costumes, etc" as "good content" - some don't even consider it content at all, especially since it's mostly created by us players.

+ Reply to Thread