+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Could health regen on gems be replaced with a new stat?

Quote Originally Posted by DaRkD0M1NaNt View Post
    "A number of players"
    I would like to know more about these other players and how they can deal with damage dealt to them by monsters that consume 80% of their health at once with HR.
    Depends on the class/player though with HR it would probably involve exiting and re-entering combat when things get heavy.

No, HR isn't important to those who solo higher ubers because we would be better off killing dungeon bosses in seconds with a damage build rather than just prancing around with a durability build and needing up to an extra 20 seconds to clear a dungeon.
    Quote Originally Posted by TriNitY706 View Post
    some even like to solo higher Ubers so HR can/is important to those players.
    Please don't overlook the context of a statement to try and prove a point, seeing as all of the posts from this are in defense of HR as well as those that utilize it the quoted statement is in regard to those in favor and or use HR unless otherwise stated.

You came up with "needing up to an extra 20 seconds to clear a dungeon" how? Even if it were true you are seemingly assuming all players care about how long it takes them to clear dungeons, another notion some players often inconsiderately express.

Depends on the class/player though with HR it would probably involve exiting and re-entering combat when things get heavy.

Please don't overlook the context of a statement to try and prove a point, seeing as all of the posts from this are in defense of HR as well as those that utilize it the quoted statement is in regard to those in favor and or use HR unless otherwise stated.

You came up with "needing up to an extra 20 seconds to clear a dungeon" how? Even if it were true you are seemingly assuming all players care about how long it takes them to clear dungeons, another notion some players often inconsiderately express.
    "Oh no, let's give up on faster dungeon clearing and go for a durable build so that we won't die even though we don't die that much with a damage build"

Seriously, I fail to understand how one can't realise such a simple concept as this

Also correction: If you look more closely you'll see that most of the posts here are suggesting alternatives to replace Health Regeneration in-game, which we can infer from that majority of the players indeed do agree that Health Regeneration is pretty much pointless in-game.
    DaRkLy
    Quote Originally Posted by Trion Worlds View Post
    In the future™ Soon™

"Oh no, let's give up on faster dungeon clearing and go for a durable build so that we won't die even though we don't die that much with a damage build"

Seriously, I fail to understand how one can't realise such a simple concept as this
    The concept is understood/realized and yet there are players that STILL choose otherwise and prefer HR builds. Are you "upset" that some players don't care/care less about how fast they dungeons than you do and or prefer to enjoy the game as they like regardless of what others think/feel? That is the type of overbearing "attitude" a number of suggestion makers/supporters have, they often don't think about those that feel differently and or try to override anything that opposes their stance.

There are players that prefer HR builds period regardless of how much more damage they could do/how much faster they could clear dungeons. Some players even utilize both HR and damage builds, let players continue to have a choice that involves what they have come to like instead of being forced into a different set of choices that doesn't include the previous.

Also correction: If you look more closely you'll see that most of the posts here are suggesting alternatives to replace Health Regeneration in-game, which we can infer from that majority of the players indeed do agree that Health Regeneration is pretty much pointless in-game.
    If you or anyone else thinks that a handful of players that are active on the forums when compared to the TOTAL amount that play this game represent the majority of the player base please think again.

Health Regen is a pretty good stat (depending on the player), it cuts down on flask usage and if stacked high enough can even heal through Dark Spore Hurler gas, etc.

If something was added that was an alternative that would be fine but wouldn't like to see HR go as it would force more flask usage (finding a cornerstone, refilling, etc.). HR may not be in the "top rated" character builds though that doesn't mean scrap it altogether
    I'm sorry sir, but if you just entered the game, please gain enough experience before debating with others
    IGN Halcy
    Mastery 440+

I'm sorry Shyne_7 if you feel you have to resort to snide tactics since you seemingly can't defend changing HR to something else simply with logic and reasoning.

Well this topic got passive aggressive really fast. Health Regen has diminishing returns which is the biggest issue. For low level players it's great. But when you start having a lot of health the HR simply doesn't heal enough. One other thing to understand is you can have HR without it being on your gems (ie dragons) You'll usually get enough this way anyways and anymore feels foolish when you can run damage and health if you're afraid of dying.

I don't mind adding that stat on but I don't think it should replace HR. We could do an overhaul on gear and add it there. I mean adding a stat isn't that unusual as we removed knockback and replaced it with 2. (Unless my memory is fuzzy and we removed both stability and knock back)

I honestly think HR would be better if, instead of replacing it, it was changed from being a simple number to a percentage of health per second. So instead of being a flat, say, 2000 health per second, which is going to be useless for people with high health in U9, it would give you something like 4% of your health per second.

Either that, or I think it would work nicely becoming an armour stat. It would be nice to have a stat that reduces the amount of damage you take on hits rather than just shoving as much health onto your character as possible so they can take it.
    Cacti are cool. Yeah.

just get rid of it altogether lol :P
    ign: 1cthyballs, 18kpr Candy barb, 19k Gunslinger, 19k Shadow Hunter, 19k Pirate Captain

+ Reply to Thread