+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: PLEASE kill the Racing Challenge

IGN Halcy
    Mastery 440+

Quote Originally Posted by Shyne_7 View Post
    ^^( ? ?? ?)

I still think the challenges should let you use your real movement speed and jumps rather than stick you back in noobville. Yeah, it'd be hard on new players, but as their characters grew in power, so would their ability in the challenges. And the rest of us could do them a whole heck of alot easier (and dare I say it--more fun).
    Woo, husband of AJo | Mastery: 500+ | Friend Refercode: NHD23ZF9ENKQJPFRXJWC | Alpha - Knight Supporter

I love the racing challenge, I really do, that is why it's so frustrating. I just tried to reach the level 4 reward and I couldn't. Problems that I found:

Waiting for other players - It's not a long waiting, but when you don't have much time to finish the challenge, it feels like an eternity. You are waiting longer than playing.

Wing effects - You start with 7 more people, which means 8 pairs of wings. If you find someone using Balefire, Celebratory... the particles makes it impossible for you to see anything at all.

The first ring - Everyone going through the same ring at the same time seems to be too much for the game. Many times I have finished my challenge, going through the last ring and expecting to get my rewards, but nothing happens, I check everything and... of course, the first ring didn't count.

Lag - Not much to say there, everyone knows the rage you can experiment when you fall to the ground because of the lag.

In my opinion, most of these problems have a fix (although, I have no idea about the tech this would require). No people (or fewer people), no waiting, no wing effects, no problems with the first ring, less lag. After all, we are not competing with other players.

If this is not possible, could someone tell me if there is a mod that removes wing effects?
    IGN: Suburba
    Mastery: 600
    All classes 16k + pr

Quote Originally Posted by Suburba View Post
    Wing effects - You start with 7 more people, which means 8 pairs of wings. If you find someone using Balefire, Celebratory... the particles makes it impossible for you to see anything at all.
    True, maybe they can reduce the transparency of others when they're close to you.

Waaaaay up in the mountains of New Mexico
    I find it frustrating that it will happen this way, even if in a solo instance in a clubworld arena. Wing racing is one of my favorite things added to Trove, but I can agree that it needs some tweaking. Especially the differences between glide mechanics in and out of an arena instance. That one is rather annoying as well.

That said...

Without the hidden time powerups, this is my top.

If you want to practice your flight skills in Trove, head to /joinworld defiant few

There's a Tree-rena build in there that will be public in the near future, so go get some test laps!
    Co-Founder of Defiant Few! Come visit us by entering /joinworld defiant few in your chat window!

Check out some videos of our flight courses!
    Even better, check out my stream for tours of the club!

Quote Originally Posted by Market View Post
    I find it frustrating that it will happen this way, even if in a solo instance in a clubworld arena. Wing racing is one of my favorite things added to Trove, but I can agree that it needs some tweaking. Especially the differences between glide mechanics in and out of an arena instance. That one is rather annoying as well.

That said...

Without the hidden time powerups, this is my top.

If you want to practice your flight skills in Trove, head to /joinworld defiant few

There's a Tree-rena build in there that will be public in the near future, so go get some test laps!
    awesome i'll try and check it out sometime market thanks
    Want a free class coin if you're under mastery rank 20? CLICK HERE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonviper View Post
    PLEASE kill the Racing Challenge

I think the racing challenge should just penalize you for 5 seconds for each hoop you have missed rather than make you go back to get it

Quote Originally Posted by bahoin View Post
    I think the racing challenge should just penalize you for 5 seconds for each hoop you have missed rather than make you go back to get it

To me the easiest solution to the problem is just to make the timing more lenient, if you mess up in the coin collection challenge, you can still make level 4, even a couple of mistakes and it's still doable, in racing you have to fly PERFECTLY and there has to be no lag missed rings or it's actually impossible to get level 4, one slight mistake, one lag ring, one gravity lag bomb and it's over, why have it so impossible? Also, why did you remove the extra "hidden" timers, they really made it far more manageable.

Perhaps 20 or 25 seconds for top reward, seems fairly reasonable, allows for one mistake or missed ring.

+ Reply to Thread