+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: PLEASE kill the Racing Challenge

I do like the concept of the 'racing' challenge, and it has huge potential to be really fun.
    But to be honest, with the limited jumps and nerfed move speed if you mess up one time, you are done for.
    One missed ring? You need to try and complete the race to get back thru the portal, or respawn to go back to the starting point.
    Why is there a penalty when you respawn? It is bad enough to have to re-run the race and use the time getting back to where you left off!
    If you do get to the end of the race and hop thru the bottom portal, (or respawn) then your slow move speed means that you still add 3-4 seconds just running back to where the rings are on top of flying back to wherever your missed rings are.

Double that with not being able to see which rings you may have missed, unless you are close to them...

Most of the time as soon as I miss one, its back to the hub, and back into the racing event.

There should really be some sort of 'reset' so you can rerun it as much as you like without having to change worlds at all.
    Toss in the known issues, and it becomes frustration rather than fun.

Every time we hit 'H', we now need to reload two worlds (hub and then back to the racing challenge).
    And often at times we need to wait on 9 others to enter the world before the race even begins.

Sometimes it gets stuck, and the race will not begin, so people leave.
    There should really be an auto-start timer so that if 10 are not in, the racing challenge starts anyway.

Now, regarding the coin challenge, I used to have a TON of fun with those.
    But, then the coin 'level' required for loot changed to '100'. OK, hard but still kind of fun and doable.
    Then the move speed got nerfed. Now I am into the territory to where if every single jump does not land perfectly, 100 is near impossible.
    So, the slightest lag or a missed jump means that its back to the hub to reload, and back into the coin collection challenge.
    If it was back to the old coin total, OR a reduction in move speed, it would be OK to run.
    Yuck, on reducing move speed AND increasing the coins required. This knocked out the fun in doing both of the new hourly challenges.

Lately I put in the minimum everytime these challenges come up.
    Most challenges, if I did my daily, I do not bother anymore to even stop what I am doing.
    I am back again hoping that every challenge is dungeon running.

But, I hope the feedback makes Trove challenges great again.

Quote Originally Posted by High5 View Post
    Sometimes it gets stuck, and the race will not begin, so people leave.
    There should really be an auto-start timer so that if 10 are not in, the racing challenge starts anyway.
    It has one, it's too long but it does in fact start after awhile. Next time wait it out, there's way less lag when there's only you and 2 others in the race

IGN: SummerHaas Discord: Summer#9392 Laezaria Leadership Team
    Chaos Chests & Other Useful Info | Forging Calculator | Tomes Calculator | YouTube | Trovesaurus Profile
    Free Class Coin for new players Enter code: D2Z7K6TQX6ZE3PNF66GE

Quote Originally Posted by High5 View Post
    Now, regarding the coin challenge, I used to have a TON of fun with those.
    But, then the coin 'level' required for loot changed to '100'. OK, hard but still kind of fun and doable.
    Then the move speed got nerfed. Now I am into the territory to where if every single jump does not land perfectly, 100 is near impossible.
    So, the slightest lag or a missed jump means that its back to the hub to reload, and back into the coin collection challenge.
    If it was back to the old coin total, OR a reduction in move speed, it would be OK to run.
    Yuck, on reducing move speed AND increasing the coins required. This knocked out the fun in doing both of the new hourly challenges.
    Speaking as a new Australian player as of a week or two ago, I've been able to get 100+ coins on the 2 current coin challenge maps really easily and consistently (assuming I don't get rubber banded off a platform) since a couple of days ago. It was a matter of finding a route that gave you 100+ coins quickly and reliably, instead of running around like a headless chicken. Now that I've found those routes, those challenges are my best source of dragon coins as I work towards my first dragon.

As for the racing challenge, I totally agree. Seemingly at least once every time I play, I fly straight through a ring, it plays the sound and vanishes and everything, but then reappears behind me after a second(I assume, I can't look behind without changing my flight path) and my counter doesn't increase, so I have to go through the portal and find which rings I missed.

I hate this lag race to!

I gueess increase the amount that Racing-Challenge appears or i am wrong?

The racing challenge admittedly has a lot of issues. However, I have never had any problem collecting coins in the collection challenge, even when I shift/dodge through which is faster than flying. If they used the same code and made the ring not a particle so it is easier to see...
    Y'all who are below Mastery 20, get a FREE class coin by entering G3FLQ6YG2NKTTFWJTGXY at trionworlds.com/trove/store/redeem/

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein

Remember that the most beautiful things in life are often the most useless.
    -John Ruskin

If in the last few years you haven't discarded a major opinion or acquired a new one, check your pulse. You may be dead.
    -Gelett Burgess

+ Reply to Thread