+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: PLEASE kill the Racing Challenge

Angry PLEASE kill the Racing Challenge

Dear Trion,
    Racing challenges are the only time I have rage quit Trove. I mean RAGE quit. You cannot see anything because other racers are all over your screen, and because of lag you go through rings but do not get credit. I have NEVER gotten more than the second level of the challenge, and, boy, have I tried. Trying again today made me almost want to never play Trove again outta spite. Please fix this mode or remove it. It is a good concept, but no one seems to enjoy it.

If you hold S for a brief moment when you pass through the hoops they tend to register better. It does slow you down but at least you don't have to go back for them later. Level 3 is possible if you do that and get the 3 boosters. I don't believe level 4 is possible at all. The best I can get is 26 seconds on a perfect run with no lag. If they added one more booster it might be doable.

3.   This is the last Trove Team post in this thread.   #3
    We hear you on this. Totally. I've been trying to incorporate more coin maps rather than the race ones recently... and I also find that creators enjoy making the coin collect more anyways. Frustration is never fun.
    Discord handle: Twixler#9941

The issue with the racing is annoying, but the racing itself seems like a nice challenge. It's quick and different. I've sent you a PM that may help.

Quote Originally Posted by Summer Haas View Post
    If you hold S for a brief moment when you pass through the hoops they tend to register better. It does slow you down but at least you don't have to go back for them later. Level 3 is possible if you do that and get the 3 boosters. I don't believe level 4 is possible at all. The best I can get is 26 seconds on a perfect run with no lag. If they added one more booster it might be doable.
    Are one of the timers not registering (can happen)? I've managed to get 14 and 15 secs a few times. The slower flying speed this patch makes it quite tight.

Or just rename it to "raging challenge"

Its still possible to get 13-14sec now but its too hard on a laggy server
    IGN: EkszoszajzbukFerike

For me it is "lag slam into the ground and give up".
    (\_/)
    (o,o)9
    6(")(")

Quote Originally Posted by fruitie View Post
    The issue with the racing is annoying, but the racing itself seems like a nice challenge. It's quick and different. I've sent you a PM that may help.

Are one of the timers not registering (can happen)? I've managed to get 14 and 15 secs a few times. The slower flying speed this patch makes it quite tight.
    Ah, that explains some things. I haven't been really active for one month and today I wondered how I could have been like 18-26 seconds after I got all rings at the first go and all boosters.

I retried a few times and then the registration issue arrived... Please, Trion, put back the old flight speed. Just give the best wing speed and glide to all players to make this challange at least doable if you know the course and all rings connect. We already fight with registration, so there is no reason to make this thing even more difficulty.

Side note: before that flight thingy, I was able to do the whole course in 7-14 seconds usually (given all rings connect and all 3 boosters are collected at first try)

Yeah i know what you mean everytime i try to do the challenge this is literally me:

You want to fix racing challenges, here's what you do.

Put -one- ring on the map. This ring is at the end of the race. Build a lair that players have to traverse in order to reach this ring. Put in updrafts, launch pads, time reductions as normal. Even sneak in a hidden shortcut that can bypass part of the course if you want. This requires no new programming and can be implemented as soon as a new map is designed, and eliminates most of the problems. You can still get screwed if lag piledrives you into the ground, but at least you're not playing Superman 64 with netcode that makes Call of Duty look perfect in comparison.

gg forums, disregard this.

+ Reply to Thread