Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Some good ideas to improve the PTS server after the "already" scheduled RESET.

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Brasil
    Posts
    541

    Some good ideas to improve the PTS server after the "already" scheduled RESET.

    Keep in mind that this topic is not to fight or argue about when will be the reset, or if it should or not receive a reset.

    I am taking my experience from PTS's servers that i participated testing things i wanted to, and reporting the error's.
    • First of all IT need's something in-game that clearly state's to the players that the server is for testing and the progress will be lost at some point, them schedule a proper reset every 3 or 4 months.

    • The server need limitations more than the ones we already have, things that dont need testing should be totaly disabled / removed from the game.

      I am talking about all mounts / costumes / everything that was already tested, dont let the PTS server be something like a Barbie testing showroom where you go to see the costumes / mounts.

    • To improve the TESTING experience, implement Experience coins / Gem boxes / anything that need to be tested for cubits on the store, i know you may want some data about "drop" rates, but that can be done even if the store sells the itens, you should not limit the testing experience of players that want to test other things and not the drop rate.

      Also why testing the "drop" rate of something that can be fixed / changed after it went to live or just making a pool on the PTS forum for people argue about material costs and other things.

    • Lock Market place and Trading on PTS, these two features have no bugs and dont need to be tested.

    • Disable Contests / Leaderboards unless something new on it need testing.

    • I would say to increase the requeriments to enter the PTS server, but if everything i already suggested is implemented, PTS will be a "HELL" to anyone that dont want to use it to test things that need testing.

    I know that most of these things would require the PTS to have different lines on the codding if you compare with the LIVE server, and it could make coding the new patch's a litte more hard, but that would make the PTS testing experience a little more helpful to both sides, and decrease the burden on actual testers.

  2. #2

    I would say to increase the requeriments to enter the PTS server, but if everything i

    That should be on top 1



  3. #3
    You have to leave everything enabled because you don't know what glitches may exist. You don't know if a costume will glitch on a certain player class. You don't know if a costume will suddenly glitch when a player is on a certain mount. If a once unglitched item could be guaranteed 100% to forever remain unglitched then I could agree with your stance. But as a programmer I can tell you with absolute certainty that is never the case. A test server also allows players to test out how certain items work and look. It isn't just about bug testing. It allows players to test before committing to a purchase or time investment on live.

  4. #4
    Senior Member PowerDj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Posts
    973
    In my opinion, they should make the requirement for joining PTS 20 mastery rather than level 20 on a character. Mastery is, in a small way, a measurement of how long you've played the game, while getting to level 20 can be pretty easy, and easily managed in an hour or two.
    Cacti are cool. Yeah.

  5. #5
    Senior Member TheDeadEye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    461
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerDj View Post
    In my opinion, they should make the requirement for joining PTS 20 mastery rather than level 20 on a character. Mastery is, in a small way, a measurement of how long you've played the game, while getting to level 20 can be pretty easy, and easily managed in an hour or two.
    Uh, getting to mastery 20 only takes a couple hours, too. Perhaps they should raise it to at least one level 30 class or mastery 100+...
    Woo, husband of AJo | Mastery: 700+ | President of Garden of Wool | Alpha - Knight Supporter




  6. #6
    Senior Member PowerDj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Posts
    973
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadEye View Post
    Uh, getting to mastery 20 only takes a couple hours, too. Perhaps they should raise it to at least one level 30 class or mastery 100+...
    Yeah, I suppose. Those ones sound better, it'd be nice if PTS was more of an exclusive place for dedicated players rather than a place for people to get nice mounts and take up space.
    Cacti are cool. Yeah.

  7. #7
    Senior Member vizthex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    259
    Quote Originally Posted by Splodge View Post
    You have to leave everything enabled because you don't know what glitches may exist. You don't know if a costume will glitch on a certain player class. You don't know if a costume will suddenly glitch when a player is on a certain mount. If a once unglitched item could be guaranteed 100% to forever remain unglitched then I could agree with your stance. But as a programmer I can tell you with absolute certainty that is never the case. A test server also allows players to test out how certain items work and look. It isn't just about bug testing. It allows players to test before committing to a purchase or time investment on live.
    Agreed. Same for the whole thread.

    And to all you ******ed PTS mainers, PTS is a test server, meant for TESTING. If you want to play Trove play on Live.
    I'm Mastery 395 (Was 450+ before patch) and got ALL classes to 10.5k+. That's about all you need to know about me in Trove.
    Main is SH, got 21,560 PR on it
    I use Rev in ST's 20,814 on him.
    Yeah that's about it...
    Mastery 20 and want a Class Coin? Click here! http://tinyurl.com/glo4f2l
    PS: IGN is vizthex if you wanted to know.

  8. #8
    Senior Member littlebro15's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    259
    Quote Originally Posted by vizthex View Post
    Agreed. Same for the whole thread.

    And to all you ******ed PTS mainers, PTS is a test server, meant for TESTING. If you want to play Trove play on Live.
    erm the actual PTS mainers already know this, i'm referencing to the people who grinded a bunch and were the tops of PTS. We already now this and none of us are the ones complaining, the ones complaining are the ones who have done pretty much nothing in PTS and are the ones constantly begging for items on the server. Well anyways we (the actual mainers) don't really care about Trove anymore and we play other stuff now.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    202
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhadnar View Post
    First of all IT need's something in-game that clearly state's to the players that the server is for testing and the progress will be lost at some point, them schedule a proper reset every 3 or 4 months.
    PTS has always been a temprarely thing in every game that i played, ppl should understand that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhadnar View Post
    [*]The server need limitations more than the ones we already have, things that dont need testing should be totaly disabled / removed from the game.
    Gliches and bugs can apear everywhere so it's best to keep as much enabled as possible.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhadnar View Post
    I am talking about all mounts / costumes / everything that was already tested, dont let the PTS server be something like a Barbie testing showroom where you go to see the costumes / mounts.
    Yes these items can also get bugs/gliches so they need to be tested.


    Quote Originally Posted by Rhadnar View Post
    [*]To improve the TESTING experience, implement Experience coins / Gem boxes / anything that need to be tested for cubits on the store, i know you may want some data about "drop" rates, but that can be done even if the store sells the itens, you should not limit the testing experience of players that want to test other things and not the drop rate.
    Wut? They're working on char copy from live, that should be more than enough.
    If someone has a low lvl char then he/she didn't play that class so that person has less chance to regonize a bug from normal gameplay.
    Same with gemboxes, no need for that when you can get your live characters, it's testserver not personal test to see what class is better for me when i max out all of it server...
    Just some goody boxes like last year with mantle of power testing should be more than enough if they notice that players lack certain items and/or need more testing for certain items.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhadnar View Post
    Also why testing the "drop" rate of something that can be fixed / changed after it went to live or just making a pool on the PTS forum for people argue about material costs and other things.
    Testserver is here to prevent fixes/changes on live lol
    If some drops is too low or material costs are too high ppl will speak up, no need to worry about that, i just hope that ppl will also speak up when the drops are too high and/or material costs are too low.


    Quote Originally Posted by Rhadnar View Post
    [*]Lock Market place and Trading on PTS, these two features have no bugs and dont need to be tested.
    Also bugs/gliches possible in this part of the game so this shouldn't be removed.



    Quote Originally Posted by Rhadnar View Post
    [*]Disable Contests / Leaderboards unless something new on it need testing.
    Also bugs/gliches possible in this part of the game so this shouldn't be removed.


    Quote Originally Posted by Rhadnar View Post
    [*]I would say to increase the requeriments to enter the PTS server, but if everything i already suggested is implemented, PTS will be a "HELL" to anyone that dont want to use it to test things that need testing.
    No need, if they can get character copy from live working then there will be no need for this, you can start testing where you left on live servers, no need to exclude some playes from this because those lower lvls need to be tested too.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts