+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: What can Golden Keys open....

What can Golden Keys open....

Oh, and don't tell me using any information gained from Trovesaurus of the Trove Wiki as Trion Worlds views these sites as "3rd party" and "unreliable." Give me an "official" source please.

2.   This is the last Trove Team post in this thread.   #2
    Customer Support
    If you're just referring to normal Golden Keys, not the Golden Gem Keys, you can use them to get a guaranteed rare drop from an Adventure Box.

No you can't. Not all Adventure Boxes "work" with the regular Golden Key item. The Giant's Winter Adventure Box is either glitched or not compatible. I have purchased 3+ keys with RW money and have not been able to get them to work with this chest type.

Trion Worlds' support told me that they don't work with this chest type, an unfortunate contradiction to the information presently available.

I asked for a list of chests that were compatible and they denied my request, stating a need for personal exploration.

If Giant's Winter chests are not Adventure chests then why are they boosted by the weekly drop % increase?

The community needs an "official wiki," because Trion Worlds' support said all sources I cited, Trove Wiki, Trovesaurus, etc. were "unrelaible" and "3rd party."

Can I get a refund or a patch to fix the chest or a code for the Prefect Penguin that I spend 4 keys worth of RW money to try and get?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRallykiller View Post
    No you can't. Not all Adventure Boxes "work" with the regular Golden Key item. The Giant's Winter Adventure Box is either glitched or not compatible. I have purchased 3+ keys with RW money and have not been able to get them to work with this chest type.

Trion Worlds' support told me that they don't work with this chest type, an unfortunate contradiction to the information presently available.

I ask If Giant's Winter chests are not Adventure chests then why are they boosted by the weekly drop % increase?

The community needs an "official wiki," because Trion Worlds' support said all sources I cited, Trove Wiki, Trovesaurus, etc. were "unrelaible" and "3rd party."
    Let me give you a bit of background about the Giant's Winter Chest...

In the past when these chests were first introduced, it wasn't a normal drop like every other adventure chest. They were event ONLY at the time and was dropped by Ice Giants during the winter time, which is why it was not originally a box that allows a Golden Key for the rare loot, which is why it has the Karma bar like ever other lootbox that Golden Keys cannot be used on. Also we only had one type of Adventure chest and they are rotated in and out every so often. When an update came to where all the adventure boxes dropped in adventure worlds, they kept the Giant's Chest with the other "Adventure Boxes".

It was their decision to add it along with the other adventure boxes. Sorry to hear that you used up some money on Golden Keys and not be able to use it.

Maybe if you could have done some research (maybe just.. look it up on Trove Wikia since it is more up-do-date than every other Wiki websites relating to Trove) maybe what it can/cannot be used on. I run the Trove Wikia and yes, we do have it stated in the page regarding that the Giant's Winter Chest ".. is locked from Golden Keys" and has an indication on the top of the page.

Not sure why the CS team would say we are not "reliable" when we constantly add more information that thousands of user still use to this day. I would say its more reliable (information wise) than Trovesaurus which is mainly a Database Website. People of Trove Wikia dedicate our time to make sure all information is up-to-date and reliable and we don't nessisairly do it for money, it's more of a community project that we all contribute to. Hearing that the CS team does not rely on what we do just shows they don't think what we do is helping the community and we are just doing it for a profit ,which inst the case since we don't rely get paid in Wikia even if we get 45K views a day. Also in the case of Trovesaurus their donations goes towards keeping the website up and sending gifts to the Developers, not really much of a profit when I last talked to the one who runs the website.

IF you read my post instead of rushing to pleasant snark you would have seen that I DID do research and was told that the Trove Wiki and Trovesaurus ARE NOT recognized sources of viable information according to Trion. My issue is with the lack of "official" informaiton and an apprehensive tone from Trion support to add officially-recognized sources.

The Trove Wiki has conflicting information, or at least did at the time of my purchase, regarding my purchase of the Golden Key. IF you want me to reshash it, I certianly will, but I did provide a clear road map for TW's CS Team including screen grabs, links, etc.

RE: Your last paragraph. Why don't you make an effort to "officially partner" or at least become the "officially recognized" Trove Wiki? You can say whatever you want about the Wiki and elaborate on the time, love, and attention given to it by its contributors, but the Wiki - my primary source for Trove information - is, in the eyes of TW, 3rd party and unreliable. The issue is that it gives the CS Team an "out" when people like myself use it to make decisions.

Also, your elaboration on the GIant's WInter Chest was not on the wiki at the time of my transaction. The bulk of your post belongs on that wiki.

+ Reply to Thread