+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: GRAND OPENING!! The hardest (hopefully) maze in Trove! Maze runners welcome!

(This is now an edited version of my introduction based on new findings making the maze cheat free)

Hello Trovians,

I have created what is likely going to be the hardest, most punishing, combination of a maze, jump puzzle, and regular puzzle you will find in Trove. It includes plenty of the following:
    • Switches - Activate these to open up a new path. You can think of that path as a checkpoint
    • Death Traps - You will die, I guarantee it.
    • Platforms - Some paths are only accessible via a path in the air you will have to jump to. You might fall and there is no way back up.
    • False Paths - There is only one correct path so it makes sense others must become dead ends, yes?

You can find my maze on the northern island of the club Joys and Sorrows. Please give the rest of the club a check out as Bereft and I have quite a few other creations as well. I will now include a few tips, tricks, and basic information to get you started should you decide to try it.
    1. You will be forced into choosing Shadow Hunter. This is to preserve the maze as you will be unable to change classes, jump up to a platform you fell from, jump over a wall, or reliably survive lava traps. However, SH will allow you to see other people within the maze so it's easier to catch up to a friend if you're close enough to them to activate SH's passive.
    2. Don't open every path you see. If you die, it'll be easier to find the path you died in because you've already opened it. Also if you're heading down the correct path, it'll be easier to know it's not the unopened one.
    3. Set aside ample time to complete this or be prepared to try again. It is very difficult and people have spent over 2 hours in here. That's including people who have done it and cheated when falling off a platform. Now there is no way to get back to the platform you fell off of so expect a longer timeframe than that.
    4. Be thorough! Not everything is immediately visible as the glass can play tricks with your mind and throw you off thinking you're at a dead end. Using the compass and coordinates provided by the game is NOT cheating, it is a well founded tactic to know where you are at, have been, and should or should not go.
    That is all, hopefully you enjoy it!

If you truly give up, find me here or in game and I can show you the way through,
    but expect it to take a bit of time because I'm not perfect at it either. I merely know the path and can change the required class to an easier one.

Below I have included a few screenshots to just give you some insight of what to expect! I hope to see you there sometime!

A view from outside.

The beginning. . .

Which way?

NOW which way?!

How'd I even get up here?

Finally! It's over!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Avarem View Post
    ...it's probably going to have a decent chunk of sheer randomness.

GG man. I played it once while it was WIP and it was super hard already. Think I died like 10 times before I swore to make a return someday.

Grats, and I hope you get a lot of visitors!

Gratz dud ^^
    Show some support for the modders!

Talking

This is a fun maze, good job man. Even though i was pulling my hair out and weeping when i died or missed a jump...

Seriously, some of the platforming you have to do will destroy you mentally... You miss that jump, and 75% of the time, you are set back to almost the beginning of the maze...

Don't let that discourage you too much, it's still a neat maze full of dead ends and insane signs.

Good luck

Feel free to leave your thoughts and opinions here!

Since I can't really get an idea of traffic through the club world by any means, feel free to stop back here after you've tried it and lemme know what you think! ^_^

Thanks guys, and take the maze lightly and enjoy!

You can actually replace the flag with a racing ring, place clocks at certain places, and place a racing portal to make it an awesome minigame!

And another thing. Minigames won't allow players to kill each other. So, it will be a good thing.
    IGN:B_Y3LL0W
    (formerly known as NovusNX)

Quote Originally Posted by B_Y3LL0W View Post
    You can actually replace the flag with a racing ring, place clocks at certain places, and place a racing portal to make it an awesome minigame!
    See, now this would work.... if it wouldn't require a LOT of clocks around the whole thing. My friend spent over 2 hrs in it and probably only got half way.... and he cheated 'xD This is literally the only implementation that will allow for this, currently.

I wonder if any Devs have tried it yet get a little glimpse of some perhaps... unintended use of PvP arenas lol

I'm super excited to force my club members to do this after our Friday tower run. It looks absolutely menacing! (Hope I don't get too claustrophobic in there, eek!)

Quote Originally Posted by Immersion View Post
    I'm super excited to force my club members to do this after our Friday tower run. It looks absolutely menacing! (Hope I don't get too claustrophobic in there, eek!)
    Haha, awesome! Let me know on here how it goes!

+ Reply to Thread